Tendo City
Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Go ninja, go ninja, go! (/showthread.php?tid=217)

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Laser Link - 6th February 2003

This annoying memory brought to you by Vanilla Ice, TMNT2: Secret of the Ooze, and Fox. Why Fox? Because on Saturday Fox will being airing the brand new TMNT cartoon! YAY! The original creators are behind this new effort, so hopefully it will be good. If they used the original song, I would cry for joy. Well, maybe not quite.

It's on right after Pokémon here, so I won't even have scheduling conflicts! But remember, check your local listings for times in your area and all that blah blah blah.

Now, discuss the greatness of the Heroes in a Halfshell and the hope that since Konami is making the new TMNT games they will be as good as the originals.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Weltall - 6th February 2003

I hope two things:

1. That it doesn't suck like the last TMNT did with the female ninja turtle.

2. That they don't change the basics of TMNT as we all remember it.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2003

I hope this is as good as the old one... TMNT was a good show. :) I never saw the second one... I gather it was no good?

As for the new Konami games... what type of game would you want to see? A 3D beat-em-up?

"Annoying Memory"? Of what, Ninja Rap? If you refer to TMNT... Mad I don't think you do, though. :) Yeah, Ninja Rap by Vanilla Ice wasn't that good...

TMNT was my favorite cartoon (I also loved the toys, etc...) for years, so I really am hoping that this is good...

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2003

That memory was also brought to me by...my brother. Who, despite all his popularity has a nerdality in the form of saying "I love those turtules, they could TOO beat Super Man!". He's got Secret of the Ooze and an MP3 of the Ninja Rap :D, and two of the NES games (the weird first one and the beat 'em up). Oh, a 3D brawler would be cool. The closest thing I've seen so far is Shenmue when you have to face 40 guys in a row and move on. It would be cool to see the turtles doing stuff like that again.

As for the cartoon, so long as they up the comedy ante by a whole frickin' lot (they could watch the currently popular shows to find out how to do that, like YuGiOh) then I'll be watching. I wish I knew what ever happened to all my old action figures... I had a Bebop who's head fell off, so I shoved his machine gun's handle in the neck hole and created "mecha bebop".

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - OB1 - 6th February 2003

I used to be a major Turtles fanatic back when I was a wee one.

But then I saw an episode a few years back and realized what a crappy show it really was. But that's how things are. :D

Did you know that the original comic was quite dark and violent?

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Laser Link - 6th February 2003

Don't worry ABF, the annoying memory was referring to the Ninja Rap. I love TMNT. I had a ton of TMNT action figures back then, and Manhatten Project was my favorite game for many, many years. My brother and I would rent it and play non-stop for 2 days (the max rental time back then). But I don't think we ever did beat it. Hmmm, time to break out the old NES!

And now some artwork:
[Image: 2003logo.gif]
[Image: 040910772.jpg]
[Image: splintershredderapril.jpg]

Hmm, Shredder looks like a Raider fan.

Go to http://www.ninjaturtles.com for some stuff about the new show (and lots on the the old stuff as well). They have an mp3 of the new song, and I think it's pretty bad. :) Oh well.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2003

Yeah, I have MP3's of the new themesong (lame!) and the Ninja Rap... :) I've also got a few of the episodes on my HDD... yes, they are a lot lamer when watched now... a LOT lamer and cornier. But hey, at that age I didn't notice... I do hope that this one is better for all ages. :)

I own the PC version of TMNT 1 (the NES one)... its the NES game, but with saving. Its actually the only Turtles game I have... I do have some roms of the NES, SNES, and GB ones, though. They are still fun. I'd love to see Konami make a new, great 3d brawling game... like modern games in the genre, but inspired by the old Turtles games.

I still have a few of the toys, too... a few figures (minus almost all their weapons), and one vehicle -- the Toilet Taxi. :)

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2003

Sounds...interesting...

Anyway, I only ever rented the turtle games too. I remember the days of 2 day rentals. You know, one thing that has ONLY improved is rental stores. I can't think of anything at all about them that has gotten worse. I remember the coolness them.

Shredder looks like Shredder, but now with some cape. He's still a walking can opener :D. I guess I'd have to actually know something about basaballu to get that joke. Oh, and your link is dead unless we copy and paste to the bar to see it.

Some new big guy showed up, but where are Shredder's mutants at? Oh, and bring us Kraid some time. Nothing beats a big evil brain that sounds like someone permanently strapped into a massage chair.

*listens to song*

............um...........no...........pain.......make it stop....... no.........NO....NO!!!................I can dig it!

They need to model their music after the same thing they modelled the animation after, anime or something. I mean, you know, like a Konami style remix of the classic song.

Let's just hope they don't make another guest appearence on Power Rangers. A bad version of the Turtles meets the US version of the Power Rangers is not something I want to see again.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Laser Link - 7th February 2003

Yeah, I noticed the pic doesn't work in here. I guess the site has something like angelfire or geocities. Blech.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Laser Link - 10th February 2003

Well after pouring my heart out all over the place, I need a break.

So, what did you guys think? Did anybody else even watch? I actually liked it. It wasn't dark and evil, but it was pretty well done. The characters seem to be exactly what I remembered, but better done. Mike is still a goof ball and says things like "Cowabunga dude!", Don is still a geek, but not in such an absurd way. Raphael is the biggest change I think. He always had a bit of an attitude (moreso in the movies), and they expanded on that. Leo still shows the others up with his superior skill and hard work, but he's not such a goody goody. I enjoyed the running gag with Raph and Mike, but they need to ditch the lines like "What the shell?" That's so lame.

I think it might be a worthy successor, but only time will tell. If you missed the first episode last week, they will re-air it in addition to a new episode next Saturday. So check it out. I'm really looking forward to the new games now. Konami should be able to make good on the liscense again. At least, they better.

I'm sure it will turn out better than the Alias game. I think Alias is my favorite tv show ever and could make an incredible game, but it's hard to hope that this will be one of the rare tv-to-game masterpieces. For every Goldeneye there are a thousand Superman 64s. :(

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - geoboy - 10th February 2003

I only managed to catch the beginning of it so it's hard to make an accurate judgement, but of what I did see I'd say the new turtles looks pretty good.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - Dark Jaguar - 11th February 2003

Hey it's a Konami turtles game. They were all cool.

Anyway, what's this Alias show you speak of? Explain.

Nuts, because it's on saturday mornings, I'll likely miss almost every single episode of it until they replace it with Nascar Racers like they did with some series I forget the name of but it looked cool. I guess I'll need to stop staying up until, well, now :D.

Go ninja, go ninja, go! - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2003

Saturday mornings... even if I did have a TV, I doubt I'd ever see it... I'm never up before noon on weekends...

Oh, and Alias is an extremely good show... I do hope the game turns out good.