Tendo City
Gmail - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Gmail (/showthread.php?tid=2164)

Gmail - Dark Lord Neo - 24th August 2004

I just got a Gmail account Carrot

Gmail - Great Rumbler - 24th August 2004

Awesome.

They don't appear to be adding ads into e-mails yet.

Gmail - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2004

Yahoo is plenty good, I'll never need 100MB for email... :)

Yes, they increased it from around 3-5MB because of GMail. But the important thing is that they did it and now it's huge.

Gmail - OB1 - 24th August 2004

Yeah I really don't need any more space than what yahoo offers. Yet.

Sad how hotmail is still at the same size.

Gmail - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2004

Seeing how I'm using 4% of that 100MB, I don't think I'll use it up anytime soon...

Gmail - Great Rumbler - 24th August 2004

Hotmail has 2MB of space, not that it really matters to me since I rarely get any email that I care to read.

Gmail - The Former DMiller - 24th August 2004

I'm already at 3% of Gmail's limit, but that's because I send and receive a lot of attachments for work.

Gmail - alien space marine - 24th August 2004

To late to sign up?

alien space marine Wrote:To late to sign up?
You can't just sign up, you have to either get an invite from google, or from somone that google has allowed to send invites.

Gmail - The Former DMiller - 25th August 2004

If some of you want a Gmail account let me know. I still have 2 invites that I haven't used. All I need is your email address.

Gmail - EdenMaster - 25th August 2004

100MB? Jesus criminy. Who could ever use, or need, that much space? Talk about overkill...

I'll take one, Derek :D

EdenMaster2@AOL.com

Gmail - A Black Falcon - 25th August 2004

My IGN account has like 2 or 3 MB, it's not much... it's 78% and I don't get much of any mail there. It's nice to have a big mailbox so you don't worry about missing something if it happens to fill when you go away for a while or something. 100MB is overkill and GMail's 1GB is ridiculous, but it's nice security. Though 1GB is pretty stupid. I think they only chose it to be way more than the competition.

I know Google is super popular and all but... I like Yahoo more, sorry Google... :)

Gmail - EdenMaster - 26th August 2004

W00T! Thanks man, you rock!

EdenMaster@GMail.com

Gmail - Dark Jaguar - 26th August 2004

DMiller, send that last one my way if you don't mind. I'd like to try this.

Wow, yahoo DID up the space to 100MB! Great, now I can send and recieve some real world sized attachments. I didn't notice because I only check my mail once in like, a month. That's what happens when it's ALL spam almost each time I check!

Anyway, I sure hope GMail adds pop3 support, for FREE. Yahoo AND Hotmail both offered that a long time ago, but they dropped it in favor of spamming us. Don't get me wrong, I don't DEMAND it from them, but it would sure be nice.

Gmail - Fittisize - 26th August 2004

100MB is far, far too much for me, especially since I delete every single one of my e-mails moments after I get them (the vast majority of them are from TC notifying me of a post in a thread that I'm subscribed in, and chain letters and 300+ page surveys from all the morons on my MSN list).

Gmail - Dark Jaguar - 26th August 2004

Honestly, I hate the whole idea of been e-mail alterted to posts in message boards. I mean, how useful could that possibly be? It was always an annoyance, and whenever a message board has that on by default, I immediatly find a way to turn it off. I've actually not joined some message boards because they have it on and it's impossible TO turn it off. That's why I went into this board's sign up default options and made all e-mail alerts like that disabled by default.

Gmail - Dark Lord Neo - 27th August 2004

I'll turn them back on just to piss of DJ

Gmail - alien space marine - 27th August 2004

If it werent for MB alerts I wouldnt have anything coming into my email adress :(

Gmail - A Black Falcon - 27th August 2004

Yeah, MB alerts seem completely pointless...

Gmail - Dark Jaguar - 27th August 2004

:D

Yeah, they are pointless, but if some people actually need them, they can always turn it on for their own personal settings.