Tendo City
If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo (/showthread.php?tid=2122)

Pages: 1 2

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Lord Neo - 9th August 2004

[Image: bsod-nintendo.jpg]
[Image: nes.gif]
[Image: 47b4d625b3127cceb3f2196984e70000001610]
[Image: bsod.jpg]
[Image: zelda.jpg]
[Image: win95fornintendo.jpg]
[Image: mario.jpg]
[Image: eula.gif]
[Image: MSnintendo.jpg]
[Image: nes_flightsim.jpg]
[Image: nes-mem.gif]
[Image: tetris_nes.gif]
[Image: sp2.jpg]
[Image: msgc.gif]
[Image: keyb.JPG]

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Great Rumbler - 9th August 2004

Heh, those pics are awesome. :)

[Image: bsod.jpg]

Classic. :D

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Lord Neo - 9th August 2004

I like the one with clippy

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - OB1 - 9th August 2004

Yeah that one's the best. :D

I always hated Clippy...

Thank God for Open Office.

And the option to turn Clippy off.

Open Office is still better.

Probably.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Jaguar - 9th August 2004

There was a time I would have found ALL of that hilarious. A lot of those jokes are obviously done by the ignorant though..., those with no idea of why defragmenting is needed for example.

Now however, a limited bit of those are funny to me. Namely, the expansions for an NES game. (MS didn't invent this though... I think Maxis did...)

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - The Former DMiller - 9th August 2004

The clippy one is definitely the best.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Jaguar - 9th August 2004

I'd find that funny if it wasn't for the fact that Nintendo is ALREADY doing that.

Navi: HEY!

Yeah that's true...

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - A Black Falcon - 9th August 2004

Quite funny. Obviously lots of technical inaccuracies, but it's pretty funny if you ignore such things...

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator v.3, it fits on one floppy disk you know... :)

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - bountyhunter - 9th August 2004

Yeah and for some reason it is a top down view with aliens that all line up in six rows and you have to kill them all to get onto the next level, it reminded me of that space invaders game...and since when did commercial planes fly in space any way?

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - A Black Falcon - 9th August 2004

Huh? Um, what game are you talking about? Space Invaders? :)

MSFS is quite definitely a first-person game about civilian aviation from, probably, the very first version. I know v3 is.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - bountyhunter - 9th August 2004

dammit, the kid told me his dad worked for microsoft and that he could get me a glitched version of microsoft flight sim v3 for ten dollars, there really IS a game called space invaders? F#&%!

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Jaguar - 10th August 2004

Not really inaccurate, they'd have to know SOMETHING, even something WRONG, to be inaccurate. It's more like total ignorance really :D.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - A Black Falcon - 10th August 2004

Yeah, DJ, that's more like it. And a bunch of those display that ignorance. But as I said, if you forget that and just take it as humor it's pretty funny. :)

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - EdenMaster - 10th August 2004

Sounds like you got gyped, bh :)

Silly Aussies.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Great Rumbler - 10th August 2004

Quote:dammit, the kid told me his dad worked for microsoft and that he could get me a glitched version of microsoft flight sim v3 for ten dollars, there really IS a game called space invaders? F#&%!

Crickey!

Quote:Quite funny. Obviously lots of technical inaccuracies, but it's pretty funny if you ignore such things...

Of course it's not accurate. It's intentional exaggeration for the purpose of being funny, a tactic I use all the time.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - bountyhunter - 10th August 2004

You know, I've always wanted to be on a plane when the pilot dies, and the co-pilot for that matter (he was a rapist so it's not wrong to have him die in this movie) and the stuardess comes on speaker and says "Please people, don't panick every thing is going according to plan, does any one here know how to fly a boeing 747 model B493?"

Then some geek stands up and says "uhh miss, I used to play flight sim 2 will that do?"

yah, das vil be fun, yah.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - OB1 - 10th August 2004

I think it'd be even better if the pilot didn't die.

Quote:Then some geek stands up and says "uhh miss, I used to play flight sim 2 will that do?"

According to most anti-videogame activists that's all that you'd need.

This is a movie directed by James cameron (Aliens and Terminator) The pilots dead, sorry.

And great, your telling me there's anti games activists? dude that would suck. There's this one move in soul calibre 2 I've been trying to memorise and I'd love to try it on one of them... wait... we need a gamers annonymous thing.

Quote:And great, your telling me there's anti games activists?

Here in America there are. Something about violence in videogames turning kids into mindless killers or something like that.

I always thought the violence in video games was a government conspiracy thing to teach kids how to kill and work as a team without having to get them into the army, yeah I could have sworn my resistance towards joining the army was lowered after playing some war games for a few years, infact I know how to use 17 of the worlds most used fire arms, and can rebuild an m4 riffle in 60 secconds, and I haven't even touched one. It's a conspiracy I tell you. Think about it though, wouldn't it make sense to do that?

Well, our goverment did spend millions in tax payer dollars to make an FPS about the American military which it then distributed for free.

That was them getting bold, you think thats the only game they had a hand in?

Well that and Full Spectrum Warrior, yeah.

*pats OB1's head*

There there young one, the brainwashing only hurts for the first few years, but soon you'll accept the fact the government you love has been turning you into a killer without you knowing it, infact, you probobly enjoyed it, killing arabs, and russians, all this time not knowing how well you are at it.. there there..

Actually I'm probably one of the few people here who doesn't think that most Arabs are evil. And I have some Russian friends, so I wouldn't like to kill them. Now Nazis, well, those guys are just plain EVIL.

Government conspiraces are impossible, especially with the parties so polarized right now.

Besides, that don't explain Japan :D.

lazy: Japan DOESN'T EXIST! And the parties are just a show to pacify the masses! The PATRIOTS, they are the secred organization that truly runs the country!

DJ: But, I totally saw Japan on TV once!

lazy: COMPUTER ANIMATION!

DJ: Oh right... well okay then...

GR: DJ! Listen, how do we know this?

lazy: I just proved it, to your FACE!

GR: No you didn't! You just spouted out random theories explaining away the plot holes!

lazy: That IS proof!

GR: NO IT'S NOT!

DJ: Yes, it is.

GR: No it ISN'T!

DJ: .....Well I don't know! I'm outta here... worst day of my life...

lazy: connnngratulations! *DJ runs back in all happy* You passed the "government conspiracy challenge"! Now for the amazing prize!

GR: Alright!

----------

GR: *Next to skeleton bride* I'm not marrying this bag of bones!

lazy: Seriously?

GR: Yes.

lazy: Alright then! Congratulations! I know I said that was the last test but it was THIS! You WIN! You are REALLY something!

GR: Yes I am, what did I win?

lazy: FREE BRAIN SURGERY!

GR: Now that's what I'm talking about! Hey wai---

--------------

GR: *drools*

lazy: Now eat 'em....

Best ending of AT ever.

Bacon aside that was the best sandwhich I've ever eaten.

:D

Btw, this Sunday at 11:00 pm [that's central time] they're showing a new episode of Aqua Teen.

Yes, and it's the last episode ever, because they are cancelling this show! It's like one of their best ever! What, we got Stroker and Hoop now? That show sucks! It totally sucks!

This is just another bad decision...

See my signature for what I think is the reasoning here...

Hahaha, you've got to stop believing every bump you read. :)

http://epguides.com/AquaTeenHungerForce/

I didn't read it on the news, Adult Swim stated it as one of their commercials. If it wasn't true, they were lying. Besides, what's that site show that I'm supposed to see anyway?

It's fairly self-explanatory. It's an episode guide for Aqua Teen Hunger Force and as you can see there are still five episodes that haven't been aired yet.

Wait, ATHF has been cancelled?? Please tell me that's a joke.

So I see... Still, those commercials with the Force getting killed one by one by the same truck, and then Carl expoding, keep saying the last episode will air at such and such a date because the show is cancelled...

Maybe it's some dumb joke though... Remember the flying sea creature battle? That thing was of course hilarious to watch, especially the forum goer's idiotic posts, and they slapped the people who cared for whatever reason in the face with that ending :D. I LOVED that! Then there was Hocky Chicken.... Apparently my never visiting the AS web site... ever... (nor do I plan to, ever) got on their nerves enough that they said "free this guy". I mean, I never HEARD of that character, why would I care just because they are doing the "this guy is popular now because we said so!" routine?

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - OB1 - 11th August 2004

Because they are way cooler than any of us and can do whatever pleases them.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Great Rumbler - 11th August 2004

They always do stuff like this. They enjoy stirring people up and lauging over all the angry rant-sized posts in the AS forum. There's at least five more episodes of Aqua Teen and it would be insane for them to cancel it because it has some of the highest rating in the AS block.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Jaguar - 11th August 2004

Indeed, but really they shouldn't just lie to us. Mess with the people at the AS boards, sure, because they all SUCK and are total idiots, but not the normal fans like us.

Anyway, it seems the latest version of that commerical adds, right after saying it's cancelled, that it's on every sunday. I do believe that's hint enough they are just lying. This isn't april fool's day, they can't lie, ever, until that day.

AS makes all kinds of crazy commercials. Like the ones with the exploding pirahna.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - Dark Jaguar - 11th August 2004

Yes, but those were for things that actually were going to happen.

Well, anyway, they're not cancelling Aqua Teen so you can stop worrying.

If Microsoft Controlled Nintendo - OB1 - 11th August 2004

Yay!