Tendo City
The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 (/showthread.php?tid=207)

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - OB1 - 4th February 2003

The first part of the first animated Matrix anime can be found here.

The first of several animated Matrix shorts is called "The Second Rennaisance" and is directed by Mahiro Maeda of Blue Subarine No. 6 fame. It's a prequel to the movies and tells the story of how the machines took over mankind. Part of the story was done in the first wave of the Matrix online comics at the official site. So go check out the movie! It's very cool.

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - Dark Jaguar - 4th February 2003

Web sites need to start learning how NOT to be confusing jungles and how TO be more like layouts of sites like GameFAQs.

Well, first off that was a Quicktime file, and thus it stuttered along like a challenged kid. However, for the most part it was interesting. The robots were VERY stereotypical, but that's not always a bad thing. The idea that a butler robot would need to have enough strength to crush a human's head is a bit weird, but it's just a show. Anyway, I do think they kinda went overboard with the graphic visuals there. I mean, sometimes it's fine to do that, but it seems that some of the more graphic stuff (I mean, showing pieces of that robot's head flying all over the place, eww, I didn't need to see that) was done for it's own sake.

Oh well, I think I might enjoy this show a bit. Here's to the makers of the Matrix making a great trilogy and leaving a bag of flaming dog poop on George Lucas's door step!

It's anime, learn to live with the brutal violence. That part was actually taken directly from one of the first online comics. And the robot designs are by Geof Darrow, who designed all of the super-detailed sets and backgrounds for The Matrix and is known for his old-fashioned robot designs and violent style. His comics are really, really good. Here's some of his work. It's clean and ultra-detailed!

[Image: page2.gif]

[Image: page3p1.gif]

[Image: Page4p2to4solo.gif]

[Image: bigguyleft.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

And some more of Geof Darrow's work. You just don't get any more detailed than this!

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: bk_269.gif]

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - A Black Falcon - 4th February 2003

Uh, The Matrix was a pretty good movie. I've never heard of this Matrix comic book, though. I'll look at that later...

Quote:Oh well, I think I might enjoy this show a bit. Here's to the makers of the Matrix making a great trilogy and leaving a bag of flaming dog poop on George Lucas's door step!

Insult George Lucas, will you... well, here's one thing me and OB1 agree on: Lucas makes great movies. And Episodes 1 and 2 are good...

Amen.

Wow, I would have thought that joke was obvious. Sorry, but the flaming dog poo thing really was a joke. Sheesh, it's unusual that everything I said about liking Star Wars was so quickly forgotten.

Oh, and why couldn't you tell my joke about how horribly violent that show was, and then the example of a robot breaking apart, wasn't made clear?

Wait... so you didn't mind the violence?

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - A Black Falcon - 4th February 2003

Well jokes at George Lucas's expense aren't funny.

Oh yeah, of course that robot's circuits shattering all over the place were just plain gross! Sheesh, read the whole thing before you get blinded by hearing exactly what you expect stereotypical "enemies of anime" to say next time.

Oh, and jokes about George Lucas are ALWAYS funny, like any other absolutly ridiculous person out there, like Colin Mockry. No entertainment wizard is beyond reproach! Besides, Star Wars is about it for him. Oh right, didn't he also direct some Indianna Jones movies? Well, with that in mind he also worked on a very endearing cultural icon. Yeah, I know those movies weren't exactly wizardry or excellent plot development, but it's because of that it succeeds, because Indianna Jone's little stereotypes of explorers and stuff are simply comedy GOLD. I love the comedy of a teacher who just leaves to go find the legendary sword of darkness which Hitler is also looking for.

Oh, and that butler bot is hilarious. He both looks just like a robot AND looks totally pathetic for wearing only a hat, and a frickin' METAL mustache.

You're such a wussy.

Lucas created Indy and wrote the stories, but Spielberg directed. Lucas did create the awesome dark sci fi noir movie "THX 1138" though, as well as American Graffiti.

I don't remember asking for that info.

Anyway, you need to learn to make sarcastic and belittling comments about everything you love sometimes. It's good for the soul.

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - OB1 - 5th February 2003

I do that all of the time.

And I gave you that information because you thought that Lucas directed Indy.

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - Dark Jaguar - 5th February 2003

Oh, and you just aren't nearly skilled in the art of making fun of yourself as I! After all, you don't have nearly as much of a fear of your own reputation that you feel you must do that because you can't look good any other way.

The Animatrix: Second Rennaisance Part 1 - OB1 - 7th February 2003

So did anyone else watch the short?