Tendo City
Revenge of the Sith - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Revenge of the Sith (/showthread.php?tid=2065)

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Lord Neo - 24th July 2004

That's the name Star Wars Episode III
It's a better name than Attack of the Clones.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 24th July 2004

I heard. It's okay, anyway... not the best, but it fits what happens in the movie and the style of Star Wars movie titles.

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Lord Neo - 24th July 2004

Return of the Jedi was origianlly supposed to be called Revenge of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 24th July 2004

And Return of the Jedi is the better title, I'd say. Jedis shouldn't be getting revenge... :)

Revenge of the Sith - alien space marine - 25th July 2004

:screwy:

Better then attack of the clones , But Maybe Rise of the empire or Rise of the Sith would have been better.

The original Darth Vader actor said it should be Revelation.

Revenge of the Sith - Great Rumbler - 25th July 2004

Revenge of the Sith? It's okay I guess.

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Lord Neo - 25th July 2004

alien space marine Wrote::screwy:

Better then attack of the clones , But Maybe Rise of the empire or Rise of the Sith would have been better.

The original Darth Vader actor said it should be Revelation.
The actor or the voice?

Revenge of the Sith - Fittisize - 25th July 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:And Return of the Jedi is the better title, I'd say. Jedis shouldn't be getting revenge... :)

Yeah but it's the Sith. They should be getting revenge.

I think "Rise of the Sith" would be a better title though.

It's better than the rumoured "The Creeping Fear", anways.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 25th July 2004

That, at least, is true...

They should have called Episode 2 "The Republic Strikes Back".

Yeah but there's already a 'Strikes Back' in the Star Wars series. Then again, anything would have been better than Attack of the Clones.

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Jaguar - 25th July 2004

Clone Wars would have been perfect.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 25th July 2004

And the Republic wasn't really striking back in AotC, you know, so that title wouldn't work...

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Clone Wars would have been perfect.
But they already used clone in the last movie's title

.... Why can't you figure out what I was talking about?

I meant that's what they should have called the second one.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:.... Why can't you figure out what I was talking about?

I meant that's what they should have called the second one.
Oh, I assumed you meant that's what they should call this one CLone Wars because it's about the Clone Wars

More clones? Ah nuts, oh well whatever... I was under the impression it was more about the sith myself.

Revenge of the Sith - Great Rumbler - 26th July 2004

Quote:And the Republic wasn't really striking back in AotC, you know, so that title wouldn't work...

They were striking back at the Trade Federation/Rebels, so it could work.

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Lord Neo - 26th July 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:More clones? Ah nuts, oh well whatever... I was under the impression it was more about the sith myself.
I'd imagine that the Anakin/Obi-Wan plot will revolve around the sitn, but the rest of the characters will be more focused on the Clone Wars

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 26th July 2004

Quote:They were striking back at the Trade Federation/Rebels, so it could work.

But it wasn't the Republic striking back, really. It was the Clones. And as you must know, the Clones are only superficially under the control of the Republic... they're really Palpatine's private army.

You enjoy sucking the fun out of everything, don't you?

Yup! :)

The Jedis only THINK that they have an army...

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 26th July 2004

Clone Wars wouldn't be fitting for Episodes II or III because the bulk of it happens in between the movies. Starts at the very end of Ep 2 and ends at the very beginning of Ep 3.

Revenge of the Sith is an okay title, it just lacks the same great sci-fi pulp feel of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and The Empire Strikes Back. But it's not bad. It also makes a lot more sense, plot-wise, than Rise of the Sith. And it's good that at least one SW title has Sith in the title.

Rise of the Sith wouldn't make sense plotwise? They are rising out of millenia of hiding... but yeah, Revenge definitely works better plotwise and as a title. Like Return worked better in both senses than Revenge for Jedi. :)

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 26th July 2004

They've always been around, and they "rose" in The Phantom Menace. In EP3 they actually get their revenge of sorts.

And Revenge of the Jedi was changed because Lucas didn't think Jedi would seek revenge.

Revenge of the Sith - Sacred Jellybean - 26th July 2004

When I first heard this on the radio, I mis-heard and thought the disc jockey said "Revenge of the Syph". Needless to say, I was confused. :confused2

Vader's gonna get ya...with sexually-transmitted diseases!!

Quote:And Revenge of the Jedi was changed because Lucas didn't think Jedi would seek revenge.

As I said. :)

Quote:They've always been around, and they "rose" in The Phantom Menace. In EP3 they actually get their revenge of sorts.

Rose in secret... the names fit well. :)

It should be like that, because SotE was a big event thing -- book, comic book, and game, not just a book... but Lucas has always said that the movies come first and that any differing facts in other media is wrong, so the answer is, if he wants it to be different it will be. But it shouldn't be, ideally. :)

The explenation if SOTE(it was in the book, not the game or the comic) was a really good one. It made perfect sense that that was why Vader had to wear the suit. How many other explenations are there for scarring like that

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 27th July 2004

Revenge of the Sith - Fittisize - 27th July 2004

Holy shit, suddenly you people forgot how to use spoiler tags.

Revenge of the Sith - Great Rumbler - 27th July 2004

I heard that bit of info a long time ago.

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 27th July 2004

That's a spoiler to you? Pfft.

Revenge of the Sith - Fittisize - 27th July 2004

Yeah. I don't know anything about Star Wars aside from the movies and the one game I've played. I don't read any of the novels about it, and I try not to follow Star Wars on websites and all that. I like to be surprised when I see a movie that I really want to see. Completely. So thanks a lot.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 27th July 2004

I didn't know the name of the planet either... and it definitely should have been in spoiler tags.

Revenge of the Sith - Dark Lord Neo - 27th July 2004

I'm kinda disapointed know that I read Shadows of the Empire, it's a great book, but now as soon as they go to that place I'll know what's going to happen

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 28th July 2004

If you didn't know that Anakin and Obi-Wan were going to have a big duel set against a lava world then you must not know anything about Star Wars. That was talked about back when Jedi came out. It's going to be all over the RotS merchandise. And knowing the planet name... come on... how's that a spoiler.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 28th July 2004

How is it not (the planet name)? It's a piece of information that the film would reveal that is not known beforehand... it's not a huge spoiler, sure, but it is one.

Revenge of the Sith - Great Rumbler - 28th July 2004

It's a very minor spoiler at best. Anyway, I think everyone knew that there would have to be a major duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin and that at some point Anakin would get badly injured.

Revenge of the Sith - A Black Falcon - 28th July 2004

I'd certainly hope so, yes... the Anakin-Obi-Wan duel isn't really a spoiler.

Revenge of the Sith - OB1 - 28th July 2004

But a stupid planet name that you may only hear once during the entire movie is?

You're weird.