Tendo City
Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer (/showthread.php?tid=2028)

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Great Rumbler - 8th July 2004

Quote:Two weeks ago Nihilistic, previous developers for StarCraft: Ghost, were dropped by Blizzard due to "timing issues" and Blizzard promised that they would evaluate other developers.

Blizzard have now announced that Swingin' Ape Studios have been given the rights and are currently working on the game. As well as this they have the rights to collaboratively develop titles for all consoles for all of Blizzards licenses, including Warcraft and Diablo.

Blizzard's co-founder and president Mike Morhaime spoke highly about the developers. "The team at Swingin' Ape Studios is a very talented group of developers with a proven ability to deliver extraordinary games. We're confident that this partnership will result in titles that achieve the level of quality that players have come to expect from Blizzard products."

I'm not quite sure what to think about this news, but I guess it'll be alright as long as they don't make it some dumbed-down action game.

Cube-Europe

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 8th July 2004

wierd!

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Great Rumbler - 8th July 2004

???

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 12th July 2004

Who?

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 12th July 2004

You !

Your the one!

Xerox his ass and sent it around the office!

With my name on it!

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2004

???

Oh, the guys who made Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, I believe...

Why ditch Nilithic? Blizzard does these kinds of delays all the time. The game was looking good I dont understand why the sudden change, except maybe Nilithic is more incompitent then we are being told.

Starcraft Ghost was slated to this fall, Now I guess its slated to when Duke Nukem forever comes out.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2004

I don't think anyone really knows why they ditched Nihilstic.

I guess Nilithic didnt fit fit Blizzards quality release dates.

Yeah, no one knows why they dumped them and why they picked up these guys is even less clear...

Let's just say that if this game goes the way of Warcraft Adventures I'd only be somewhat surprised.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 13th July 2004

I doubt it ,Its been in developement for to long, It was Blizzard hope to make it back into the console market I dont think they want to ditch that economic opportunity so quickly.

Warcraft adventures was being made for less then a year,Some serious problems were in the game and it didnt fit Blizzard quality , Secondly the engine they used was getting old and they didnt want people to say "This game would have been good if it was out a few years ago".

Starcraft Ghost has a very advance fancy engine they made themselves, So it wont be like WA that was using a engine that was 4 years old when they started and probaily would have been 6 years old by the time of release.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2004

Switching developers is a sign to me that they think it has Blizzard-level quality issues. E3 reports support that. Most anyone else would release it as a top title, but Blizz has extrememly high standards... if it does end up coming out (and yes, the chances are pretty good it will), I'm not so sure it'll be soon. Next year wouldn't exactly be a surprise.

Oh, as for WC Adventures, it also had several developers, a animated cutscene developer in Russia or something, and yes, that aging graphics engine... but still, I'm sure that if they had released it it'd have been a good adventure game. Not great, and not innovative, but decent. The problem is Blizzard wasn't satisfied with that. :(

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 13th July 2004

Blizzard could release a shit game, It would still sell, Just going by their company name and record, But I guess that would cheapen their image.

I wish they had not caned warcraft adventures, It looked good and I am glad they released a book covering the story events.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2004

As Blizz themselves said, WC Adventures wasn't bad... it just had "outdated" graphics, development issues with the multiple teams in different places working on different parts of the game, and was a pretty typical and not very innovative adventure game. I'm sure I wouldn't have minded much (sure I'd mind some, but it's worse not having it at all, I'd say...), since I love adventure games, but their standards are too high for such a thing... it was really too bad. That game looked quite good. :(

And yes, them releasing a bad game would definitely hurt their image. For a company that releases about one game a year, and with as stellar a reputation as Blizzard has, they wouldn't want to do anything to hurt that much...

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 14th July 2004

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/14/news_6102546.html

Gamespot interviews Nihilistic, but not much light is shed onto what happened...

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 14th July 2004

I wonder if it was just a normal part of the plan? Or did Nilithic screw up as evidence showed with the continued delays and they dont want to stain their company.

Its to bad I was looking forward to ghost.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 15th July 2004

Delays probably wouldn't be the reason, Blizz does that themselves all the time... :)

So yeah, we don't know if they were removed for doing anything wrong or if there's another reason. And no one's talking so it doesn't look like it'll be cleared up anytime soon, unfortunately... I want to know!

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 16th July 2004

Theories. Top 10 theories.

1. Nilithic was caught putting Satanic messages into the game.Then again Blizzard does it all the time too!

2.Nilithic was draining precious coffee and donuts resources . But concidering that Bill Ropher was a fat ass Blizzard obviously does it too.

3.Nilithic had to many kit kat breaks, Then again blizzard does it all the time.

4.Nilithic was not very cooperative and was hard to work with,Blizzard started off as a little small Codeveloper like Nilithic,Alot of the Nilithic staff were former Blizzard programers who worked on the original starcraft RTS game. Untill evidence is brought up I am not sure to make any accusations at Nilithic.

5.Nilithic wanted out, Had better offers on other projects with other companies so they ditched Ghost seeing how slow it was progressing getting continually delayed. Being a small company they may have had financial issues being occupied on one project without releasing anything for so long.
Maybe despite leaving they will still get a cut in the profit so it waisnt worth staying around in anymore.I think this is the most likely reason I can hypothesis

6.The Nilithic team was outsourced to India and those Hindues were so hard to understand Blizzard droped them cause they couldnt speak english.

7.Nilithic was bought by the Baptist church, Now they are gonna make Bible based RPG games.Starcraft Ghost boobied chick Nova was to much for their standards LOL!

8.The Reason Darunia has been missing is because he abducted the Nilithic team and is holding them for Ransom, Blizzard wouldnt pay so they droped them.

9.The Nilithic team converted to Islam, Since Blizzard wouldnt allow them to put a papper bag on Nova's head or make her ware a Burga they left.

10. Microsoft bought them out and is using them to make a new Xbox game called SpaceCraft Toast.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - Great Rumbler - 16th July 2004

Quote:10. Microsoft bought them out and is using them to make a new Xbox game called SpaceCraft Toast.

I bet that's what happened.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - alien space marine - 18th July 2004

Atleast SCG stands up to its name, It comes and desapears like a Ghost.

Starcraft Ghost gets a new developer - A Black Falcon - 24th July 2004

[Image: ss55.jpg]
[Image: ss57.jpg]
[Image: ss56.jpg]
[Image: ss24.jpg]
[Image: ss30.jpg]
[Image: ss31.jpg]
[Image: ss37.jpg]
[Image: ss39.jpg]
[Image: ss38.jpg]
[Image: ss38.jpg]
[Image: ss47.jpg]