Tendo City
DS release date and lineup - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: DS release date and lineup (/showthread.php?tid=1960)

DS release date and lineup - Great Rumbler - 1st June 2004

Quote:As memories of this year's E3 begin to fade, we bring you some good news from Nintendo on the DS and its lineup at launch!

Multi-platformers may take interest that the Nintendo DS is now scheduled for a supposed March 18th launch in the European region - which will put it head to head against the PSP if true.

Furthermore, the following first party titles will supposedly be available at launch, no surprises here as they were mostly the Demo games at E3.

Animal Crossing DS

Mario Kart DS

Metroid: Hunters

Super Mario Bros. Game

Nintendogs

Pictochat

Super Mario 64x4

WarioWare DS

European release date. Blah.

That's a pretty good first-party lineup, but what exactly is "Nintendogs"?

Cube-Europe

DS release date and lineup - A Black Falcon - 1st June 2004

Isn't it supposed to be 'just before the christmas shopping season' in the US? I'd expect somewhere between September and early November at the latest.

DS release date and lineup - alien space marine - 1st June 2004

DS could stand for anything.

Dip shit , Dick Sucker ,Donut stand , Dork sex,Dark semen,Docter smooth,
Dead stuff , Dead stop ,Deaf support,Desk stand ,Dead shit ,Dead Shiggy,Do Shag, Dont shoot ,Du Shu. ect...

DS release date and lineup - EdenMaster - 1st June 2004

Animal Crossing DS!

*explodes*

Imagine the possibilites!

:shiggy2:

DS release date and lineup - Great Rumbler - 1st June 2004

You could have online neighborhoods via the Wifi!!

DS release date and lineup - EdenMaster - 1st June 2004

W00T!

*reanimates*

You could have your house on one screen and the neighborhood on another! Someone might try to steal your stuff when you aren't home :D.

And imagine catching fish and bugs, and seeing all the info about it on the second screen!

W00T!

*explodes*

DS release date and lineup - Dark Jaguar - 1st June 2004

That can all be done with one screen. That's not the impressive part. The part where the bottom screen is a touch pad where the controls, and thus your fingers, are is what matters. Thus, imagine all manner of extra controls that change based on the context!

Ya know, Metroid Hunters doesn't impress me. I mean, the ability to just point at something and watch it die seems far too cheap. HOWEVER, Pac-Pix is what REALLY convinced me. If you really have the freedom of drawing the pac creatures in most any way you want, then it truly does show exactly why this way is a better way of doing things. On the other hand, those bongo games are just buttons that are shaped differently, thus they reek of gimic.

DS release date and lineup - A Black Falcon - 1st June 2004

Gimmick? But Donkey Kong Jungle Beat was called one of the most fun games at E3 by a lot of people who actually played it... :)
Oh, and Metroid Prime Hunters definitely looks like it has issues. Having to tap on the screen for every shot? What a pain...

DS release date and lineup - Dark Jaguar - 2nd June 2004

Yeah, but still it's just two buttons... Then again, Dance Dance is just 4 buttons but they are placed in just the right places for "teh funk" to emerge, and those poor soles playing console versions with controllers just aren't getting it... Honestly, I can't see it, but I suppose I'd have to play it. Okay, I'll give it a chance when I see a store demo.

DS release date and lineup - alien space marine - 2nd June 2004

Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Adventures of banana man that would be cool!

DS release date and lineup - A Black Falcon - 2nd June 2004

DJ, three buttons. Remember, clapping is a function too... and a drum is a lot bigger than a normal button so how you interact with it is different, I'm sure.

DS release date and lineup - OB1 - 2nd June 2004

I'm not sure how much I'll like the controls, but using a stylus to point and aim at things to shoot at isn't any "cheaper" than using an automatic targeting system to shoot stuff.