Tendo City
Favorite animes - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Favorite animes (/showthread.php?tid=1926)

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2004

We've probably had a thread like this before...but never in an anime forum! So...anyway.

Whole series:
1. Trigun
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Excel Saga

Partial series:
1. Kino's Journey
2. Rahxephon
3. Dai-Guard

So get to posting because I'm not going to pull all the weight around here myself!!

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2004

Several times, I think...

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2004

What's your point?

Favorite animes - Geno - 20th May 2004

Favorite Animes:
1. Rurouni Kenshin
2. InuYasha
3. YuYu Hakusho

Animes I Care Almost Nothing For But Watch Anyway:
1. Yu-Gi-Oh!
2. Sonic X
3. Kirby: Right Back At Ya

Animes That Should Die:
1. Hamtaro
2. Pokémon
3. Dragonball Z (HA HA, IT HAD TO BE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 20th May 2004

Quote:3. Dragonball Z (HA HA, IT HAD TO BE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

If there's only one thing in your post I agree with it's that.

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 20th May 2004

It should be #1 on that list, not #3.

Yes, it should.

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 20th May 2004

I mean, Pokemon isn't great by any stretch of the imagination but it's not truly AWFUL. It's simply aimed at grade-school kids. Dragonball is.

Dragon Ball Z [and it's sequel Dragon Ball GT] it a truly awful series. It's the same thing over and over! And they spend several episodes on ONE FIGHT, which consists of them yelling at each other for long periods of time! Why anyone besides the very young would like this show is beyond. Dragon Ball [the first series] was actually pretty good, though.

Favorite animes - Geno - 21st May 2004

Sadly, I used to like DBZ even though I was well aware of its flaws. Now I don't understand why. Of course, I don't understand why I listened to Limp Bizkit music back then either. I guess it's an age and maturity thing.

Favorite animes - Dark Jaguar - 21st May 2004

Evil king Piccolo, and then the perverted sage Roshi...

Still, out of the whole series, that Pilaf guy was the best part.

Favorite animes - UltraMarioMan - 24th May 2004

FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL FLCL (Continue X 10,000)

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 24th May 2004

No! It must continue...Fooly Cooly times!!! *giant robot busts out of head*

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 24th May 2004

That show is maybe TOO weird, really...

Favorite animes - UltraMarioMan - 24th May 2004

EYEBROWS!!

Favorite animes - Geno - 24th May 2004

I've never watched it, but I heard it's good. I'll check it out if I get the chance.

It does seem very weird from what I've heard of it though.

Favorite animes - Dark Jaguar - 25th May 2004

FLCL! I love that show! Yes, it's weird and is only 6 episodes long, but the sheer DEPTH of it! The whole thing is like one MASSIVE metaphor, containing about 3 billion mini-metaphors! If lazy ever decided to watch it, he'd likely explode.

Plus, the ultimate weapon is revealed to be a big double guitar!

Favorite animes - UltraMarioMan - 25th May 2004

Lets not forget episode 5. Filled with jokes and gags about such things as Lupin the 3rd, The Matrix, and South Park.

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 25th May 2004

Really good animes... hmm, there are a lot of good ones. :)

For one I don't think I've mentioned before, Haibane Renmei. By the guy who made Lain... great show (and also 13 eps).

Favorite animes - Geno - 26th May 2004

I remember seeing screenshots of the FLCL episode featuring South Park parody animation. Being a South Park fan (hence the avatar and sig), I've gone to several websites and I saw one site that featured references to South Park from other shows.

The sad thing is, I remember seeing that episode of The Powerpuff Girls where Blossom got knocked into the pile of jackets and came out dressed like Cartman.

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 26th May 2004

Quote:For one I don't think I've mentioned before, Haibane Renmei.

I've heard of that show, but I've never seen.

Quote:By the guy who made Lain... great show (and also 13 eps).

So is Kino's Journey, one of my favorite series at the moment.

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 26th May 2004

He also made Niea under 7 (Niea_7), but I haven't seen it... but I heard it's not as good as Lain or Haibane Renmei (that translates to 'Charcoal Feather Federation' (or, alternatively, 'Ash Wing Alliance'), btw)...

Favorite animes - Great Rumbler - 26th May 2004

I think I've heard of that series before, but I don't really know anything about it.

Favorite animes - A Black Falcon - 26th May 2004

Haibane Renmei has virtually no fighting or anything... not that kind of show. It's also not a romance. Drama, really. And, of course, with a relatively sad (and mysterious) storyline... but you expect that kind of thing. :) I think it's quite good.

It's about these people... well, kinda people... as the name suggests, they have wings. And halos (how they get them is funny). Oh, and they aren't born in the normal sense, they come full-formed from 'pods'... like an egg, really. And they're in this town (of normal people) with a wall around it that no one is allowed to pass through (either way)... and it goes from there.