Tendo City
The Anime Forum - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Anime Forum (/showthread.php?tid=1925)

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2004

Anime discussion might not be a huge thing at TC, but I thought "Hey! Let's have an anime forum anyway!" so barring Weltall deleting the forum because no one posts in it an anime forum we shall have!!

The Anime Forum - alien space marine - 16th May 2004

Why add a new forum when you got one that is completely dissorted?

The Anime Forum - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2004

While I have no idea what ASM means by "dissorted", (not making fun of you, but that doesn't resemble any word I know in the english language, I honestly can't figure out what you are trying to say), I have to say you COULD have just turned the Star Wars forum into the anime forum. It is the flavor of the month forum after all.

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2004

Because that's not good enough! Besides, we NEED an anime forum...right?

The Anime Forum - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2004

No. Flavor of the month forum is for stuff like this, I'd say.

The Anime Forum - Weltall - 16th May 2004

As long as there is a Cowboy Bebop discussion going on at all times, I'm happy.

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 17th May 2004

Fine, we'll do it this way.

The Anime Forum - Geno - 20th May 2004

Anime discussion... right... um...

InuYasha rules!

Cartoon Network needs some new Rurouni Kenshin episodes, dammit! Port the second season!

YuYu Hakusho's kinda cool too.

And Pikachu and Hamtaro should be lined up against a wall and shot!

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 20th May 2004

Quote:InuYasha rules!

Cartoon Network needs some new Rurouni Kenshin episodes, dammit! Port the second season!

YuYu Hakusho's kinda cool too.

The Anime Forum - A Black Falcon - 20th May 2004

Evangelion gets really, really confusing at the end...

That's what I've heard.

The movie doesn't help at ALL. It doesn't even really talk much about the last few episodes, which are the worst! And End of Evangelion... let's just say that that adds several more layers of confusion, and then ends. Great.

Still, a great show...

I haven't seen the movies but I've heard stories about a...let's say "odd" scene in one of them [EoE I think it was].

But, anyway, let's talk about a different series that is really cool. Kino's Journey. It's about a person named Kino who travels on a motercycle to various countries, each of which represents a particular thought, human emotion, or something like that. Very, very cool.

Which scene? I don't think I'd identify one as so much odder than the rest... :)

Maybe it makes more sense if you're well versed on your Christian mythology?

Quote:Which scene? I don't think I'd identify one as so much odder than the rest...

Well...this one was...well it was probably more disturbing and utterly disgusting rather than just odd...I really shouldn't have to explain it to someone who's seen the movies, you know? It's one of those scenes where you say "Remember that one scene with Shinji and he...you know?" and the other person's like "Oh yeah, I remember that! That scene was off the hook! I was all like 'what the heck?!'!" Like that.

Quote:Maybe it makes more sense if you're well versed on your Christian mythology?

Possibly, it does have a lot of religious references, but, really, I don't think anyone undestands it.

The Anime Forum - Geno - 21st May 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:...

Dunno What?

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 21st May 2004

All those shows...all of them are CN shows and...not even the better ones...

Let's see... Kids' WB has Astro Boy (first anime ever, so I'll cut it some slack), Yu-Gi-Oh (meh), and Pokémon (urk). The Fox Box has... Martin Mystery (WTF, mate?), Shaman King (not as good as the manga), Kirby: Right Back At Ya (this is why video games shouldn't be made into cartoons), Sonic X (see Kirby: Right Back At Ya), and Ultimate Muscle (pretty funny, but I haven't watched it in ages).

Hmm... well, I haven't watched too much DVD anime, so... the best anime I can get is from Cartoon Network, even though their shows have a lot taken out too. (InuYasha gets away with quite a bit though.) But anyway, while those shows that I mentioned have their ugh moments (especially Kenshin's filler episodes), the moments where they peak are well worth it in my book. I'll admit, sometimes YuYu can get a bit too... DBZ-ish, but it's not as long, repetitive, and boring as DBZ. And InuYasha simply rules.

Don't worry, I'm not limited to just Cartoon Network anime; I plan to buy uncut DVDs of other popular anime from Suncoast when I have the time and money.

CN also has Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL, Wolf's Rain, and not too long ago they showed both seasons of Big O.

The Anime Forum - A Black Falcon - 21st May 2004

You missed Megaman NT Warrior! It's now on Kids WB at 3:30... :)

Oh, and TechTV has had some anime too... it's where I saw some Dual, and Gatekeepers 21...

TechTV also has Serial Experiment Lain, Last Exile [pure awesomeness], and Banner of the Stars.

Oh yeah, Megaman NT Warrior... they got rid of it for a while, but they brought it back recently. I tried watching it, but it was just... bland, to say the least. But it was Kids' WB, so I didn't expect much. Eversince those bastards got rid of Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Freakazoid, they've sucked badly. (At least they still had Histeria for a while, but now they don't even have that anymore!)

The Anime Forum - A Black Falcon - 21st May 2004

Those were the ones on when I was watching TechTV. I'm pretty sure I've now seen all 6 Gatekeepers 21 eps on there, and I saw them in two bunches like a year apart... :)

Oh, and I agree, Megaman NT Warrior is amazingly mediocre. It just screams "AVERAGE!"... there are much better animes out there. Of the Kids WB (weekday; I never am up early enough on saturdays to see much of anything...) lineup, Yu-Gi-Oh is still easily the best. Oh, on that note, they should have kept Jackie Chan Adventures... it's better than Megaman. And Scooby-Doo! I love Scooby-Doo... :)

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 22nd May 2004

I used to watch TechTV, but it got dropped by my cable provider. :(

The Anime Forum - Nick Burns - 27th May 2004

:( why hasn't anybody mentioned Gundam Seed? That show is one of the best,followed by Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin to all you Amercians), and Evangelion.

The Anime Forum - Great Rumbler - 27th May 2004

I've caught a few minutes of several episodes of Gundam Seed but it didn't appeal to me enough to watch more.

The Anime Forum - Geno - 27th May 2004

I did watch the uncut Samurai X movie once. It was pretty cool, but it was mostly just the Kenshin series going by really fast. Still, it allowed you to see the kinds of things that were cut from Cartoon Network.

I can also see from the Rurouni Kenshin manga, which follows along with the anime, that a lot of things are changed heavily. (And I mean more than just blood being greatly reduced. Risqué references, like Yahiko's mom being a prostitute, are also removed.) Still, I wish the manga would skip over the lame fillers that were also in the show. (You know, like the human cannon, and that waitress that Yahiko had a crush on, and all that. Just get to the Shishio saga already!)