Tendo City
Bomb threats suck. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Bomb threats suck. (/showthread.php?tid=1871)

Pages: 1 2

Bomb threats suck. - -iLluSiON- - 10th May 2004

Say "I" for those of you who have never used an illegal 'rom' image of any sort, cracked warez software, cracked cd rom images, illegal cd keys, read anything pertaining to hacking (such has the anarchist cookbook), downloaded a cd before it came out, downloaded a movie illegally, shared your rom images, attemped to crack your own rom, or have done anything else with this subject matter. Mind me, I'm just interested.

Quote:Taking life seriously all the time leads to all the things you HATE about the world.

Eat your own words, biotch. Still missing the point. :poop:

Bomb threats suck. - Geno - 10th May 2004

-iLluSiON- Wrote:Say "I" for those of you who have never used an illegal 'rom' image of any sort, cracked warez software, cracked cd rom images, illegal cd keys, read anything pertaining to hacking (such has the anarchist cookbook), downloaded a cd before it came out, downloaded a movie illegally, shared your rom images, attemped to crack your own rom, or have done anything else with this subject matter. Mind me, I'm just interested.

Nay. Banana

Bomb threats suck. - Dark Jaguar - 10th May 2004

Eye, honestly I'm not bragging here, but is it really all that shocking that there are lots of people that DON'T do that?

(Except one thing, I have in fact read things pertaining to hacking, because it's interesting from a technological standpoint. All the stuff I read that's interesting is fully usable outside of this underworld. I have never heard of the anarchist's cookbook though, though I can imagine it's full of a total misunderstanding of what chaos truly is, and the fact that all chaos inevitably leads to order. That's not illegal though, because we aren't in a totalitarian dictatorship. Don't equate reading ABOUT it with doing it, like you are doing.)

It's EASY to not do that stuff, I manage because I'm basically too LAZY to try and find all that stuff. Also, I'm not a fan of music in general so I'd have no motivation to download a CD before it came out, what with never knowing about a song until I hear it on the radio or something.

Listen, stealing and attacking other people's computers is NOT a minor thing. Oddly enough, a lot of these virus makers defend themselves by claiming they are helping to create more secure and better anti-virus programs. What a stupid selfish and self-deceptive line of reasoning! We wouldn't even NEED anti-virus programs if it wasn't for them!

Bomb threats suck. - Geno - 10th May 2004

I admit, I download MP3s, though not heavily. If I like enough songs that are contained on a single CD, I will buy the CD. I download ROMs only if I don't have the game, and if I really like the game and there are any copies left available, I will buy it. (This is rarely the case since most of the games I download are old-skool.) However, hackers and virus makers/spreaders suck ass. They should all be lined up against a wall and shot.

Bomb threats suck. - A Black Falcon - 10th May 2004

I buy as many games as I can so I don't think having some roms matters much (eight this year so far...)... it's not like I'm not buying games. :) Music, I don't buy, but I likely wouldn't anyway...

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I have never heard of the anarchist's cookbook though, though I can imagine it's full of a total misunderstanding of what chaos truly is, and the fact that all chaos inevitably leads to order. That's not illegal though, because we aren't in a totalitarian dictatorship. Don't equate reading ABOUT it with doing it, like you are doing.)

You don't know anything about it at all so don't make that assumption. You are completely wrong. It has nothing to do with chaos and government. If you really want to know what it is, you should find out for yourself before assumming.

Quote:Eye, honestly I'm not bragging here, but is it really all that shocking that there are lots of people that DON'T do that?

It's not shocking at all. A lot of my friends don't do anything like that (mostly because they're not fond with any of it). But, for the average TC poster, I would consider that a very high percentage of you do. I have been involved in emulation ever since it came out, hell, I used to talk to the creator of zsnes. If I download a rom (that's fairly new and still in stores), I usually go out and buy it.

Quote:Oddly enough, a lot of these virus makers defend themselves by claiming they are helping to create more secure and better anti-virus programs.

Source of information please?
I still don't understand why you think I'm pro virus making. I never claimed I was. I merely said people should be aware that their computer is a sitting duck and it's come to the point in the Information Age where people need to protect their computer.

Bomb threats suck. - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2004

I used to download a lot of MP3s and roms, but I haven't in a long time. And I've only downloaded roms of old games, like SNES and older.

Bomb threats suck. - Weltall - 10th May 2004

I don't download MP3s heavily. I only have 8,600 :D

Yeah, I don't think roms of games that aren't even sold anymore is wrong. They should pass some law or something that anything pre 1996 or something can be downloaded :)

Um, then what about something like Nintendo re-releasing its NES games... sorry, it's not that simple. Yes, current copyright rules are far too long and unfair, and it's also not fair that any game a company decides to discontinue, like most all old titles, often cannot easily be legally gotten. But that's how it is. And I wouldn't expect any changes in copyright law anytime soon, that's for sure... Just be happy for the companies that DO still sell some old games.

They're doing that with GBA I belive... just a few games though... well at least that's what I heard. But do you seriously know how many total NES games there are? I would like someone to supply a number..

Hundreds and hundreds... and yes for something that cannot be easily gotten anymore, emulation is really the only answer, unfortunately. And I doubt companies will change soon with the small size of the market they'd get...

Illusion, I was just joking about the anarchist's cookbook. Don't get so defensive. The name just SOUNDS like it has something to do with anarchy. What, got a problem with me judging a book by it's cover? :D

What's a zsnes? Super Nintendo emulator? Line the guy up against a wall and shoot him then! :D Kidding! Seriously, it's just something I've been seeing all over TC today, so I used it too.

On virus programmers, my "source of information" isn't really much of a source. I can't say how high a percentage defend themselves like that, but I can say of the ones I've heard speeches from (on TV interviews, and web site statements), they tend to have this line of thinking. If it's not that, then I suppose their line of thinking is having fun despite how much it hurts others. That's the line of thinking that people who shoot other people with paint ball guns while driving down the road have.

Bomb threats suck. - Darunia - 10th May 2004

Psf. You act like downloading music illegally is...well... wrong. Whatever

Illegal? Yeah. Wrong? It's up to you.

Bomb threats suck. - Darunia - 10th May 2004

I see why it is "wrong"; but in all honesty, I've bought cds (Boston, Toto, The Police) from old bands that I never, EVER would've bought from only because I heard one song I liked; downloaded more, and opted to buy the album. Ask Illusion, I'm cheap, and don't just buy $20 cds for one song. Downloading free music, from my perspective, has helped that industry.

Bomb threats suck. - Undertow - 10th May 2004

The music industry hurts the artists a lot more since they don't give shit cut to them.

But that's the artist's fault for signing such contracts. They concented to that.

Bomb threats suck. - Weltall - 10th May 2004

Most 'artists' out there don't deserve any money.

For instance, I'd download Eminem songs to do my part in ending that little cancer, but that would mean I'd have Eminem songs on my computer.

Games... if it's available new, it's simple. It's not okay. But if it's only available used, or is unavailable... I don't know. Used games give the publisher nothing, after all. Oh, it's far better to own a real copy -- there's nothing like the actual thing --but since no money goes to the publisher or developer, it's easier to convince yourself it's not as bad... even though legally they're the same.

Bomb threats suck. - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2004

I actually bought a few CDs BECAUSE I downloaded some of the artist's music.

Out of my hundreds of cds, I'd say more than half of them were bought because I heard them online.

I'm not one of those people who has a whole binder full of ripped cds I didn't buy. I'm sure one of you knows someone that does that.

However, I have over 250 cds on my computer, most of them I don't have. The thing is, they aren't sold in America. I listen to underground European heavy metal and most of them aren't even in English. Although it's still "bad", if I was to get caught, the RIAA wouldn't really care because the cds I have aren't really sold in America anyways.

Right, most of the stuff I have isn't sold in the US either... it's still illegal technically, but yeah, since it wasn't released here they probably care less.

Bomb threats suck. - Darunia - 11th May 2004

I actually bought a few CDs BECAUSE I downloaded some of the artist's music.

What I just said; I'm sure that there are millions of people like that. I couldn't but any CD for one or even two songs, because the rest is just waste. When you sample online, you can find out. It's just being a smart consumer. Because it saves consumers money to download/try for free, the vile corporate brass stepped in, declaring "I CAN MAKE MORE MONEY!", outlawed it, and ...well, now they make about as much money as before.

Bomb threats suck. - Dark Jaguar - 11th May 2004

Outlawed it? Stealing stuff was already illegal ya know. Sampling before you buy is fine, if you do it through legal channels. Play a friend's game with permission for instance to see if you like it. However, don't steal someone's game to decide if you like it.

Bomb threats suck. - Geno - 11th May 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Outlawed it? Stealing stuff was already illegal ya know. Sampling before you buy is fine, if you do it through legal channels. Play a friend's game with permission for instance to see if you like it. However, don't steal someone's game to decide if you like it.

Exactly. Whenever I buy a CD containing some songs I've downloaded, or a DVD containing TV show episodes or a movie I've downloaded, or a video game that I've downloaded, I immediately delete the downloaded items. It's not uncommon for me to buy the said items, and if I haven't listened to a song I've downloaded in several months, I'll most likely delete it. I don't just have a field day whenever I go on Kazaa. I only download something that I really, really want to sample. I also don't share any of my stuff with other users. It's not my intention to spread these illegal items to others, they're for my personal use only. :nono:

Bomb threats suck. - -iLluSiON- - 11th May 2004

Didn't preschool teach you to share? :)

Bomb threats suck. - Darunia - 11th May 2004

*Rolls eyes at Geno & DJ so extensively, that they sink back into skull.*

Bomb threats suck. - -iLluSiON- - 12th May 2004

Darunia stole my illegal copy of JKIII. :(

Bomb threats suck. - Geno - 12th May 2004

It's so unfair... I stole Darunia's cat, and you know what the bastard did?! He stole it back from me! Lawsuit!

Bomb threats suck. - Dark Jaguar - 12th May 2004

Just to make it clear, if someone steals your stuff, if you take it back, it's not stealing because it's not their's anyway, it's still YOUR property to do with as you wish. Keep that in mind the next time some PUNKS steal your gazebo!

Bomb threats suck. - Darunia - 12th May 2004

Illusion, did you mean "stole" my illegal copy', or "accepted my illegal copy when I presented it to him of my own free will' ?