Tendo City
Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? (/showthread.php?tid=1861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2004

Yeah, it was intentionally campy. They never tried to be serious.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 10th May 2004

Yes, but it was also really awful.

It had Adam West, though!!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 10th May 2004

Adam West is the major of Quahog, and he LOVES his taffy.

But why do people keep stealing his water?!

Adam West is cool, but his Batman show was crap on a crap-cracker. :)

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 11th May 2004

OB1, how can you say that---if his show was sooo poor, how could he rise to such a lofty public office? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 11th May 2004

Lots of old tv stars from crappy shows that we liked as children are cult figures today.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 11th May 2004

Anyone ever see old Full House reruns on Nick at Nite? God, what was wrong with us back then?!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 11th May 2004

Full House = Goatse fetish.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 11th May 2004

Hey, Sonny Bono became a congressman. Sonny fucking Bono.

It just goes to show you don't have to be a good entertainer to be a politician.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 11th May 2004

I found skewered bits of Sonny on the ski slope to be quality entertainment. (I'm going straight to hell when I die, so I'm not too worried, am I?)

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 11th May 2004

My that was sadistic to say.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - A Black Falcon - 11th May 2004

I have never seen the Batman TV show, and from what I've heard of it I have a pretty low interest in doing so...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 11th May 2004

It was actually quite funny.

I mean, there's something sublimely cool about Batman throwing a punch, hearing a brass flourish and the word BIFF appear on screen, and then you see the thug he hit spin like a ballerina and fall.

Batman TV is like NES games... they are neat when viewed as what they are, but compare them to a modern likeness, and they just look silly.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 11th May 2004

Don't forget "ZOW"!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 11th May 2004

The entire point was that they looked silly though! They were REALLY intended to be comedies! Just watch some interviews with the makers of the show! They never claim it was actually serious, it was ALL comedy!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 12th May 2004

Superman (the one with Christopher Reeve) was even worse from what I've heard. You can almost see the strings that hold him up! (Not really, but his flying did look fake... guess that's to be expected for the time though.)

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 12th May 2004

Batman tv show is the product of censoring , When the violent content of comic books finally got a rating board, All the comics like Batman had changed to be more kid freindly, The batman tv show is based on the revised toned down Batman comics.

The original batman was a dark gothic bloody experiences, The movies in 1989 brought back the old Pre 1960's batman which was Dark and scary.

I guess that's why the 60's show was filled with SFX like BAM, POW, WHACK, VOTE GOLDWATER, etc.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 12th May 2004

anananana! BATMAN!

...and Robin!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 12th May 2004

It wasn't straight out comedy, it was just weird 60's campness. Joel Schumacher's Batman movies are the modern equivalent of the 60's show, and those crappy movies are unintentionally funny. They throw some lame jokes in there but man... people laughed at them for reasons Schumacher never meant them to.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 12th May 2004

Frank Miller revived the Dark Dark Knight in 1985.

Yes, he did bring it back from the 60's and 70's era of campiness.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 12th May 2004

The only good Batman movies were 1 & 2. And even then.... (trails off).

Well those weren't really good Batman movies. They were pretty good movies (the first one at least), just not good Batman ones.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 12th May 2004

Dissent at Tendo City relieved by The Batman.

Thank you, Batman.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 13th May 2004

I didn't think Batman Forever was too bad, but Batman & Robin sucked ass.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 13th May 2004

Batman forever was the best , Val Keilmor is a better Batman.They had Jim carrey and Tom Lee jones.

Batman and Robin was shit , Arnold looked rediculous, Urma Thurma was awful. George Clooney was the worsed Batman.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 13th May 2004

Batman & Robin was cheesy, and not in a funny way like the 60's Batman show. That was a ridiculous-type cheesy. Batman & Robin was more of a sappy-and-overly-predictable-type cheesy.

The fact Mr freezes men looked like Hockey players turned me off.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 13th May 2004

Yeah, all the ones since the 1980's sucked for a different reason, they just plain sucked. Ya know, they were even idiots with the names. Batman Forever already HAD Robin, so why would they name the next one "Batman and Robin"? That's a LOT less impressive, and as we all know, subtitles have to be increasingly cooler or at least the same level of cool with every sequel.

No matter though, Batman is just a rich kid playing hero in the end.

Who guy who spends his time fighting crime dressed up like a Bat , Has serious Issues. Batman is like James Bond just more gay.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 13th May 2004

Hey, when done right, he's fricken badass.

See: Batman: The Animated Series. Badass.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 13th May 2004

The Batman animated series was an awesome show, definitely one of the best serious animated series to be made in America. The new Batman animated series [that has Bruce Wayne as an old man] was okay, but nowhere near as good.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 13th May 2004

What GR and Weltall said. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot. The Batman toon was great, even if they had to take out some of the more mature stuff from the comics. But still, great cartoon.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 13th May 2004

The animated movie based on the new Batman series [where Bruce Wayne was an old man] was AWESOME, and that's something because I rarely say that about any serious American animations. It really showed what could be done without the oppressive "cartoons are for kids" stereotype. Just make sure you get the unedited version that's rated PG-13 [WOAH!!] instead of the dumbed-down-for-the-children version.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 13th May 2004

Yes, but Mask of the Phantasm is even better. :)

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 13th May 2004

Yeah, the animated series was far better than the live action thing. Even I got hooked on that for a bit.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 14th May 2004

Quote:Yes, but Mask of the Phantasm is even better.

That's with Mr. Freeze right? I don't think I've seen the whole thing but I have seen parts of it.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 14th May 2004

No that's Sub Zero. Mask of the Phantasm is actually the origin story, and it's ten times as good as even RotJ, which I really enjoyed.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 14th May 2004

Okay, I remember it now.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 14th May 2004

Come to think of it, there were no Batman movies that I liked. The first one had that icy, eerie Edward Scissor Hands effect. That turns me off; so unless they revamped Batman to be more...well, less lame, fake, and eerie à la Tim Burton. I do NOT like his touch to movies.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 14th May 2004

Edward Scissorhands was a cool movie! A great movie for the whole family, especially the barbers!

The Joker Batman movie though, eh...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 14th May 2004

I just don't like Tim Burton; he's a weird psycho, with the exception of TWO of his movies, which I do like:

1.) Beetlejuice--fuck yea!!
2.) Sleepy Hollow. We got Ian McDiarmid in there (aka Palpatine), AND Christopher Walken! Do movies get any COOLER!? I ask you, DO THEY!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 15th May 2004

Tim Burtons movies are alot like David Lynch , There long and very wierd.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 15th May 2004

I've liked a lot of Tim Burton movies, namely: Big Fish, Ed Wood, and Sleep Hollow.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 21st March 2005

Hey, I just saw lazy's "Darunia" video. That is messed up beyong all human comprehension.