Tendo City
Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? (/showthread.php?tid=1861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 5th May 2004

I honestly believe my 5th grade teachers were Nazis, or Communist pinkos. (Not Marx Communist, but Kruschev/Castro Communist... in other words, they were just evil DICKtators.)

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 5th May 2004

Now now Darunia, it wasn't that you didn't like anime, it was that you didn't like it because you "hate Japan". Indeed, we all found it very weird that you would say that and pointed out that your favorite games come from Japan. I believe you ignored that point and said something about how you can't drop the charges on a murderer just because it's 40 years later, which of course totally ignores the whole point that what you were saying was more like charging the child of a murderer with murder. THAT was why we said you were racist at the time.

Quote:It's so frustrating talking to people qui ne font qu'à leur têtes.

Like any of us have any idea what that means. Why would you go out of your way to speak in french rather than in english, making a statement you intended for US to hear anyway? Really, it's actually sorta egotistical, like you are only doing it to boost your own ego.

Thing is, he's not actually trying to insult you, nor is he even targetting you more than anyone else. He does it to me too, and ABF, and Weltall, and whoever happens to look the nicest at the time. We don't see it as any biggie. Anyway, if you really don't like it, don't insult him back, just calmly ask him to stop. Then, after he calls you a loaded diaper, laugh at that, even if you don't find it funny, and ask again. That should do it, and if not, there is always the ignore list in your profile.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 5th May 2004

Quote:I seem to remember maybe two years ago when I was horribly out of line by saying I didn't like Animé.

You said more than just that.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 5th May 2004

You think all of us are exempt from lazys wit? We've all been ripped to shreds by his verbal assaults of wackiness, and all of us got a similar reception from him when we joined. I certainly did, so does everyone who comes here. None of us hate him because we have a <u>sense of humor</u> and are able to <u>laugh at ourselves</u>. Pay particular attention to those underlined parts, as they are very redeemable human qualities. As is forgiveness.

The fact that you compare lazy to Hitler is not even a fair analogy. Hitler murdered thousands upon thousands of innocent people. Lazy makes fun of people and tells jokes. Big difference there, my friend.

To be perfectly honest, your campaign to condemn/ban lazy simply because you don't like him sounds an awful lot like Hitler killing off Jews because he didn't like them.

Eek

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 5th May 2004

Lazy = Hitler

Darunia = stalin.

Who would win? Banana

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 5th May 2004

Yao Ming.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 5th May 2004

lazy is awesome and shall never EVER be banned. Indeed, Weltall is more likely to ban HIMSELF than lazy :D.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 6th May 2004

Oh boy! Attention!

Darunia, I see something that is rediculous and I run with it.

Seeing a person get offended because their parents were refered to as nazis is extremely funny. We all (me atleast) laughed when Seinfeld went to the deli and called the cook a soup nazi because he wouldn't give Seinfeld any soup. We laughed because he was comparing a normal person to a socialized group of evil that no longer exists. And because this was back when Seinfeld had the best writers in the industry at the time.

You're getting extremely aggitated over something so inherently rediculous that i'm fighting the urge right now to do something not unlike this:

An Apology Movie for Darunia.

But of course, I would never do something like that.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Undertow - 6th May 2004

That was so wrong, yet so right.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 7th May 2004

Rofl

Hitler and goatse double the horror!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 7th May 2004

Thing is, he's not actually trying to insult you, nor is he even targetting you more than anyone else. He does it to me too, and ABF, and Weltall, and whoever happens to look the nicest at the time. We don't see it as any biggie. Anyway, if you really don't like it, don't insult him back, just calmly ask him to stop. Then, after he calls you a loaded diaper, laugh at that, even if you don't find it funny, and ask again. That should do it, and if not, there is always the ignore list in your profile. DJ

You're telling me that when someone bothers/bugs/insults/provokles you, you just laugh it off. Maybe thats your liberal Canadian way, but the normal way is to get them to stop. He's made it clear that he won't---largely because everytime I ask him too, you all tell him he doesn't have to. You've done it about 10 times in this thread so far.

LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.

I'll bet anyone the world he'll keep on cracking.

LOL!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 7th May 2004

Darunia, would you believe there's another, another just like lazy?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Sacred Jellybean - 7th May 2004

Quote:LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.

Violin

This is unnecessary - as DJ pointed out, there's an ignore feature. See?

So just cut your histrionics and block him already, okay? If you can't stand him that badly, you can do something about it.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 7th May 2004

Just ignore them and they'll go away... that's slightly more true online than it is in real life. Much more effective though.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 7th May 2004

Milk.

Orange juice.

A lack of humidity.

Mucas...... hardened mucas.

Dry nasal passages.

Every time I put my finger in my nose I think it will be good.

But it'snot.

*flicks boogers at Darunia*

Freedom.

lazyfatbum ~ May 7, '04

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 7th May 2004

WHAT IS THIS KRAP!?

Darunia, you seem to be under the assumption the lazy truly hates you, when that's simply not the case. He's KIDDING. THAT is why you should just laugh it off, because he isn't being serious. Why you take what he says so personally baffles me.

Hey, hate him if you want but don't start a campaign to ban him and all that.

Truth be told, when you say things like "LAZY--DON'T EVER TALK TO/REFER TO/ADDRESS ME IN ANYWAY ON TC EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE", you are asking him to respond. What do you think he'll do, read that and say " All right, no problem" or something? Just say nothing, accept that he's kidding, and move on with your life, for crying out loud.

:shake:

Lazy is a jew and Darunia is a nazi what do you think he will do?

<i>Post restored. Knock it off. Abusing your power doesn't make friends.
~EdenMaster</i>

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 7th May 2004

The following is a real-life 911 call:

WOMAN: Hello, 911!
OPERATOR: Yes ma'am, this is 911, officer Cromwell here, what's your emergency?
WOMAN: There's a man, in my house! He broke in---he's---he's in my dining room right now! And he's (loud crash in background) he's smashing everything! Oh my god, he's got a gun now! My jewelry, nooo!
OPERATOR: Okay ma'am, calm down. Now we're going to go by the book on this one. What's your name?"
WOMAN: Andrea!! Oh god, please, don't take that!!
OPERATOR: Okay, ma'am, are you there...? Ok, here's what needs to happen. We need you to move to a different neighborhood.
WOMAN:Wha...----what?
OPERATOR: Look, ma'am, that burglar has a right to be whowever he wants to be. You're overreacting. He doesn't hate you or anything, it's just how he is. You need to accept that. You have no right to be upset with him, for wronging you. You have 36 hours to clear out of your house, or there will be a warrant issued for you arrest, is that clear, ma'am?
WOMAN: BUT HE FUCKING BROKE INTO MY HOUSE!
OPERATOR: Ma'am, I'm not going to tell you again. You're overreacting. He's probably just kidding around with you. If you ignore him, it won't bother you so much. Try and look at it from his perspective! Don't be so narrow-minded and quick to action. Maybe he has a family to feed, you insensitive whore!

Sound familiar to anyone?

First off, that isn't a real life call at all. I know it's obvious, but ASM might have believed you.

Second off, don't just delete people's posts and claim they were harrassing you. I read that, and it wasn't harrassment. Yes, asm's posts lack... well I wanna say logic, or class, but neither of those really encompass what I'm looking for here... Anyway, my point is that this particular board involves the act of NOT censoring people just because they make fun of you. Yeesh, if I did that every single time someone made fun of me, the board would have about half the post count. It's a tad on the rude side you see. We are basically figure heads here.

Third off, lazy didn't break into your house and wreck up the place late at night while stealing your jewelry. He posted some harmless insults in a public forum. A more accurate depiction would be the protestor in a public park with a legal setup and everything calling some government leader a nazi. Of course, in this case lazy has higher authority than you (he's an admin you know :D, so keep in mind that anything you could think to do to him with your limited power, he could not only do to you, he could do things far worse and make you enjoy it). He's not harrasing you, and the person being insulted, I'm afraid after thinking about it, is not who determines if it's harrasment or not. That's what leads to people sueing news sites for calling their company a bunch of liars (I speak of course of the Phantom). Rather, a group of your peers is who determines it. Sorry, your peers have come to a consensus, you aren't being harassed. Our reasoning? He does the same thing to us. You say "well you just put up with something you shouldn't be!". Thing is, we don't see it as insults. We see it as that hilarious thing we love him for. We have an understanding that he never actually MEANS any of it, and it's all just a joke. If he were serious, it would be like a past member we had here who actually constantly attacked everyone at all times saying "you people are a bunch of stupid hipocrites who's lives will all end in misery!". Now, said in a different way, that same statement could be meant in an ironic way making fun of people who do that. Said THAT way though, it was plainly obvious the person actually WAS trying to insult us. See the difference?

Don't take things so seriuosly. This ISN'T the precursor to ignoring looming attacks from foreign nations here! This is taking very creative "insults" in the manner they were intended. I mean, RIGHT after the supposed insult against me, we both get into a huge discussion and have great fun with it! In the process, he contradicts his insult, REALLY proving it.

The lesson is this. Taking life seriously all the time leads to all the things you HATE about the world.

One other thing, I noticed the link to the main TC page at the bottom of the message board has been changed...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 7th May 2004

Darunia Wrote:Sound familiar to anyone?

Nope. Nothing like that happening here. Nobodys broken into anybodys house.

Lazys poking fun at you and you're being childish about it, but no, nothing like your example is happening here. Sorry. Here is a more accurate 911 call (also true):

OFFICER: 911, What is your emergency?
CALLER: A guy just called me a name! I demand you have him arrested and thrown in jail!
OFFICER: ...I beg your pardon?
CALLER: What are you, deaf?! I was called a name! A <i>name</i>! Do you possibly comprehend the level of humiliation and anguish I've suffered??
OFFICER: Okay, calm down, sir. What did the man say?
CALLER: He said I was raised by Nazis!
OFFICER: Were you raised by Nazis, sir?
CALLER: NO!!!
OFFICER: I see. What happened then?
CALLER: He laughed and walked away.
OFFICER: I see. He was joking, sir. He didn't...
CALLER: Oh yeah, by the way, people nearby laughed too! I don't know why they weren't as appaled as I was, he did the same thing to them too!
OFFICER: Please sir, calm down and listen. What happened was that the man was making what is called a "joke".
CALLER: A what?
OFFICER: Something funny that people with a sense of humor enjoy.
CALLER: Sense of <i>what??</I>
OFFICER: The ability to laugh at oneself, sir!
CALLER: Oh, I get it! You're siding with him! You're just as bad as him! I'm hanging up and coming down to the station to destroy the tape of this conversation because since you aren't agreeing with me, you must also be picking on me! Fuck you!
OFFICER: Whatever you s*click*.

True story. Learn from it.

What is the nature of your medical emergency?

I'm sorry, as an EMH I deal with MEDICAL emergencies and am not programmed with the subroutines neccesary to um, start a cue against people who made fun of you online...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 8th May 2004

lazyfatbum and PH made some nasty post making fun of me when I was uncleJoe,I8A4RE and Cosmos Patrol , I endured through it. Soon as you start laughing the sooner it will stop , Its like this kid back in grade 9 whenever he was made fun of and teased he would bite himself in the arm or shout out funny comments.If he had never given such halirious reaction people wouldnt pick on him as they would lose the fun.

I am sorry about the nazi thing, I will stop it.

SOON AS IT IS OUT OF MY SYSTEM!

It wouldnt be one of those people who has a sign autographed copy of Hitler manifesto would you? I figured you would being neo nazi's and all.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 8th May 2004

Oh boy! Real Life 911 Emergency calls!

Operator: 911, what is your emergency?

Man: Good evening. My name is Robert Sanchez, I am newly a member to this country and I live in San Diego; I think someone is trying to steal my car which is outside my apartment.

Operator: You're not from this country? That's amazing! Your english is perfect!

Man: I do not speak english at all, I memorized the first statement and then this statement explaining it.

Operator: You're.... you're kidding, right?

Man: .......qué?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 8th May 2004

Family Guy reference!!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 8th May 2004

And THAT is a reference to Kids in the Hall!

*Guy with no shoes walks into store*

Cashier (who is speaking in a very helpful and cheerful manner the ENTIRE time): We're closed!

Guy with no shoes: Hello? I want you to tell me where a shoe store is because I want to look for a pair of shoes and buy 'em and pay out.

Cashier: I'm sorry I'd love to be of assistance to you but I'm afraid I speak no english.

Shoeless: *gets confused* Pardon?

Cashier: Ah, I see by the expression on your face that you are confused by my statement. Perhaps you doubt it's veracity but let me assure you, I speak not a word of english.

Shoeless: Uuuuuhhh what are you talkin' aboot huh?

Cashier: You see, everything that I am saying to you I have learned to speak phonetically. As to the meanings of the individual words or the procumbent rules of syntax I haven't a clue.

Shoeless: Uh... why don't you just sh-shutup and tell me where the shoe store is huh you jerk?

Cashier: Allow me to reitterate I speak no English! Perhaps this will wash the confusion from your face my friend. My apparent fluency is a result of constant repetition. As you can imagine I have been through this speech many times before in fact, I can repeat it for you in any one of seven different languages. Yet oddly enough I have never learned to speak it in my own, which is fine, since over the years I have forgotten how to speak my own language.

Shoeless: Just shhhutup and tell me where the shoe store is huh?

Cashier: Thank you, would you like to fight me now or are you a coward?

Shoeless: *gut punches cashier* .............don't die.

Cashier: I... I don't know what you're saying!

Shoeless: I just wanted to buy a pair of shoes, huh?

Cashier: No abla Espaniol senior!

Shoeless: Just got feet, don't got shoes! *leaves*

Cashier: Nein spraken ze doitch!

*iris out*

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 8th May 2004

The Following is a real-life 911 call:

EM: Hello, 911?
OPERATOR: This is 911, your call is being recorded, what's your emergency?
EM: ouch...uh, well you see, my friend Mr. FatBum is over my house; and we were hanging out...
OPERATOR: Uh huh.
EM: And, well, you...OWE, STOP MOVING, LAZY!...well, we kinda started to call Darunia a nazi, and one thing led to another...and well, my dick's stuck up his ass.
OPERATOR: Could...could you repeate...that?
EM: Uh--yea, my dick's like...it's stuck in his ass and stuff. I'd just pull it out, but I have such a hard on right now--it won't retract. I was wondering...if you could send a stretcher over, or something.
OPERATOR: Sir, you're penis...is stuck in his buttocks?
EM: Yea, I was fucking him hardcore in the ass because I like it when he's an asshole to me online. Hello...? Did you just hang up on me? (to Lazy,) dammit, that's the fourth time that's happened. I guess we're stuck like this.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 8th May 2004

*wonders offhand whether EdenMaster or lazy will be even a tenth as offended by that as you would be*

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 8th May 2004

Great Rumbler say he who does not laugh at harmless joke, even if at his expense, will live short unhappy life.

"Great Rumbler: Spouting useless fake-wisdom since 1990."

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 8th May 2004

Try super glueing your hands to your crotch.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 8th May 2004

Or superglue your lips to my ass.

WHAT BITCH WHAT.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 8th May 2004

Up yours Darunia you piece of krap I hate you, please die, oh why do they let you post, i'm so hurt etc etc.

Yunno, it would of been funnier if you made it in to a comic.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 9th May 2004

Weltall Wrote:*wonders offhand whether EdenMaster or lazy will be even a tenth as offended by that as you would be*

Pehaps if I were still in second grade, I'd be getting pretty ticked off at such verbal abuse. However I'm an adult now and have learned to accept such statements as what they really are: an immature attempt to shift the focus from his overreaction with a poorly said 911 call.

Did <b>I</b> ever call you a nazi Darunia? Ever? Did I ever say you were raised or that your parents were Nazis? Aside from that crack in my 911 call (which was strictly for hilarity purposes), I've been just as fair to you as I have been to lazy. I've not called you a single insult during this thing, I've been keeping a quiet medium, trying to be your voice of reason (your real one must have flown out the window on a windy day sometime), tried to lessen the tension between you two so we can get back to what is important at this place, discussing Nintendo. And what do you do? Come back at me with petty insults.

Your welcome.

If you don't like lazy, don't acknowledge his threads. When you see that dancing meat, skip on down to the next post, and continue as if it was never there. It's not difficult, just pay him no heed and eventually he'll leave you alone. If I'm not mistaken, OB1 is due for some verbal abuse from lazy...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 9th May 2004

Darunia's parents are clowns. Banana

They like the banana dance.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 9th May 2004

Quote:They like the banana dance.

Well, duh. EVERYONE likes the banana dance.

Just for the record Darunia called me a Nazi because I made fun of him during the Great Anime Debate Fiasco. *puts on flame retardent suit* Alright, I'm ready.

HA! You just said you were retardant!

*is killed by Bad Joke Police*

Don't get all offended now, Grumbler.

What?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 9th May 2004

[Image: batmanbomb.gif]

:D

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Undertow - 9th May 2004

OB1 Wrote:[Image: batmanbomb.gif]

*right click**save as*

You bring me batman, I bring you teh walken.

I bring you...Shiggy Dunno

:shiggy2:

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 10th May 2004

:gay2:

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 10th May 2004

Ya know what, let's just never call anyone a nazi again, and the problem will have been resolved. Whatever

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 10th May 2004

Was that image of Batman carrying a bomb really from the old 60's show? That show was so horrible, it was hilarious. :D

That was from Batman the movie.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 10th May 2004

Batman the movie, eh? I don't know who did the special effects for that movie, but... all I know is that they should all be lined up against a wall and shot. :D

Give them a break it was the 60's,They had a tight budget and those effects were pretty good for those days.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 10th May 2004

It's not the effects people laugh at...

its the costumes.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 10th May 2004

No, the effects were bad THEN. That movie, and that show, were INTENDED to be funny. It was a comedy! No laugh track needed, or direct joke, it was just constantly making fun of itself by being so absurd. It WAS intentional though, remember that.