Tendo City
Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? (/showthread.php?tid=1861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 30th April 2004

Seriously. Is it no longer fun to visit this place for any of you? I know it is for me. I really can't stand getting into arguments with ABF and DJ on such a constant basis, and I really fucking hate the two of them most of the time. Maybe it's their fault, maybe it's my fault, or maybe both. I don't know. All I know is that Tendo City is rarely fun for me anymore, and I think that's got to change. I think we need to stop with the constant conflict and try to maintain peace. Impossible? Maybe, but it's worth a shot I say. The only reason I've been posting here since 1999 is because I love video games and want to talk about them with fellow video game dorks, but you can't really get that anywhere on the internet anymore. Go to any major gaming forum, ign, gaming-age, whatever, and all people do is bitch and fight. Since this is a much smaller community I think it might be possible to put an end to it, if all of you assholes (j/k) agree to have a truce. Certain people here get on my nerves, so I'm not as nice as I could be to them. But if they don't act nice it's tough for me to do the same.

This thread is not about finger pointing, so I don't want to hear any "it's your fault" crap here. Let's just discuss what you think can or should be done with Tendo City, and if you agree or disagree with my idea. I could just leave this forum altogether, but I don't like to quit when I think something can be done.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 30th April 2004

You know, I can't stand them either. I only wanted some peace too. However, let's just air some things out okay? Try and listen up, because I just want this stupid stuff to end as much as you do.

The fact is, you can be a VERY abbrasive person. I know you don't try to come off that way, and maybe you act that way around your friends and they have no problem with it, but the fact is, when you constantly call people idiots for thinking what they think, it makes them WANT to respond. People WANT to defend themselves after stuff like that. I'm not saying it's a wise thing to do, and fact is, smarter people have just ignored such statement. However, when you say "lazy, you've said some stupid things, but this is the stupidest yet.", that can only be taken as a very hurtful thing, showing no concern at all for the other person's feelings.

Now, I have made up my mind to never respond to anything you say for 3 months. It's the only way I can manage to not get into another fight. I'll be using the ignore command in fact. However, the only thing I can ask is this. Be more considerate of other people's feelings and opinions. Please, just be nice.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 30th April 2004

I don't know. I get along with everyone. And, even though ABF and I disagree (sometimes very strongly) on just about everything, I don't hold it against him. Hell, the times I'm most active here are when some big issue has us at each others' throats. I get annoyed by his inability to see reason but deep down, it's fun to spar with him. And, I often get personal long before he does, which is wrong. It's not like me. In an internetsy-sort of way, I consider him a friend, just like I consider all of you friends in an internetsy-way. After all, you're all the reason I fork up dough for this place. I don't do it for my health.

Now, I think that many of us here have a problem with getting personal and rude against each other, and I see everyone doing this. Darunia's "Goron Front" thread has just about everyone doing it. I don't think ignoring OB1 is a good solution, or for anyone, for that matter. I think we all need to just assess what Tendo City is: It's an internet message board. It's nothing worth getting offended over. I think we all need to cool off and try to act our ages. Respect other people's feelings. Know where the fine line between sarcasm and malice is and how better to avoid crossing it, as it is sometimes hard to determine the context in which someone says something.

The other option is to lay down a stricter set of rules and be more efficient on enforcing them. Now, I have always let almost anything go, and there are few other boards out there that allow the kind of freedom I do. There's no censorship. Moderators are a figurehead. Threads are almost never closed, and how long has it been since the last ban? I would like to continue to allow this freedom, because while I do wield the power, if I didn't, I would like it to be this way. I don't want to have to turn it into a police state, because I know people won't like it, and even the loss of a single regular would damage the place terribly.

Now, before we all jump to conclusions and such, let's kinda assess what is best for TC, and how we can help soothe the enmity. Let's agree on some things. Maybe we do need a few rules in place. I have my own ideas, but I'd like to know first. I almost never do anything without consulting you all first, and I won't start now. The power high of running a forum ran out years ago. :) I keep TC up because I like you guys and you stick around.

DJ, you are right, I can be abrasive sometimes. But you know what? So can you, so can lazy, and so can ABF. If you look at the Banjo thread you'll see that it was lazy who insulted me first. I merely retaliated. That's not better, but it's something you should be aware of. I don't think you realize just how provacative you can be, and I don't act kindly to provocation. I'll try my best not to provoke you if you do the same.

I'm exhausted of this place, and either I take a nice, looong break from here or we have to call a truce and stop getting on each other's nerves.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Undertow - 30th April 2004

I think this thread is what the boards need. People sling proverbial shit when ever someone has opposing view points. It's like people actually get offended by them, such as the immigrant debate in the most recent offending thread. Heck, most threads don't make it past their first page before reaching some heated debate over the current state of the American administration, or the difference between shampoo and conditioner. Nearly everyone has been getting their panties in a wad over something that can be avoided. I even broke from my "no arguing on the internet" policy for a couple of posts.

Quote:I'm exhausted of this place, and either I take a nice, looong break from here

I think everyone needs a break from the internet once in awhile.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 30th April 2004

Weltall/ Enforce the laws! ENFORCE THE LAWS NOW! MAKE ME HURT! DO IT! ENFORCE THE GOD DAMN LAWS! FUCK!

I just got an erection

MAKES SO MANY LAWS THAT EVEN ICE-9 WOULD SHIT HIS PINK PANTIES!

Thanks for your input, lazy.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 30th April 2004

No problem! :)

DO IT WELTALL! DO IT NOW! YES! YES! YES! YES! DO IT!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 30th April 2004

Yes Weltall, I see your point. That was my motivation, and it's not permanent. I'm only using the ignore feature for a month actually, not the orignal 3, and I might turn it off sooner than that actually. The whole reason I did it was just so I could keep coming here and still keep cool for a while. Besides, this is the ultimate test to see whether or not it's me that's the problem.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 1st May 2004

The problem is we far too often let harmless debates fall into the dreaded category of "poinltess shouting match". It's hard to explain why and how this keeps happening, and I'm not sure I even know the reasons. What we need to do is just cool down and work towards maybe not necessarily getting along [which is WAY too much to ask for] but just try not to let debates get out of hand. If we can do that I don't think we'll have any more major problems.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 1st May 2004

I never thought it was that bad here... okay, things did get a bit out of control in the Goron Front thread, but I enjoy the conflicts here most of the time. It's a debate forum, and anywhere where debates take place, arguments are sure to start. Things may start off mildly, with two sides having differing opinions stating, as nicely as possible, why they feel the way they do, but the longer a debate goes on, the more personal it gets, with both sides throwing insults at each other left and right. Of course, I haven't ever really gotten neck-deep in an argument here before, so who am I to say that you don't have a right to be annoyed with the conflicts that take place here? At all the places where I have gotten serious with my debating, I've been insulted, pissed off, and slightly egotistical and rude, and I'm sure it's no different for those here who get deep into debates. I guess every now and then, we do have to settle down and give it a rest until our flames to debate start burning brightly again.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - A Black Falcon - 1st May 2004

Quote:Seriously. Is it no longer fun to visit this place for any of you? I know it is for me. I really can't stand getting into arguments with ABF and DJ on such a constant basis, and I really fucking hate the two of them most of the time. Maybe it's their fault, maybe it's my fault, or maybe both. I don't know. All I know is that Tendo City is rarely fun for me anymore, and I think that's got to change. I think we need to stop with the constant conflict and try to maintain peace. Impossible? Maybe, but it's worth a shot I say. The only reason I've been posting here since 1999 is because I love video games and want to talk about them with fellow video game dorks, but you can't really get that anywhere on the internet anymore. Go to any major gaming forum, ign, gaming-age, whatever, and all people do is bitch and fight. Since this is a much smaller community I think it might be possible to put an end to it, if all of you assholes (j/k) agree to have a truce. Certain people here get on my nerves, so I'm not as nice as I could be to them. But if they don't act nice it's tough for me to do the same.

I don't hate you. Oh, your intransience in arguements and absolute refusal to ever consider that you could be wrong is incredibly, incredibly annoying, and arguements with you often go nowhere, and sometimes I DO wish that you just quit it because of how amazingly annoying it is to argue with someone who will NEVER conceed a point even when it's blatantly obvious, but the rest of the time you're nice to have around... when you aren't distorting what I say and turning simple statements into arguements which, once you choose a side, you'll absolutely refuse to ever change your opinion on despite any amount of facts.

Quote:The fact is, you can be a VERY abbrasive person.

That is absolutely correct. And OB1, if it was just me I'd say it could be me, but when it's a whole bunch of people it's a pretty good idea that it's you... oh, everyone has problems, certainly, but you love to blame everyone else when clearly you too have issues.

Quote:I don't know. I get along with everyone. And, even though ABF and I disagree (sometimes very strongly) on just about everything, I don't hold it against him. Hell, the times I'm most active here are when some big issue has us at each others' throats. I get annoyed by his inability to see reason but deep down, it's fun to spar with him. And, I often get personal long before he does, which is wrong. It's not like me. In an internetsy-sort of way, I consider him a friend, just like I consider all of you friends in an internetsy-way. After all, you're all the reason I fork up dough for this place. I don't do it for my health.

I agree... we never agree on any arguements and it gets old, but for some reason it doesn't make me as annoyed as arguing with OB1 does... probably because I never expect to change your mind while with OB1 I often DO think that I have a point and he utterly refuses to see it and constantly warps what I mean far beyond what I said.

Geno. The Goron Front thread was a better arguement than average, I'd say... why? Probably because it didn't involve OB1, really. It's amazing, but without him debates actually can go somewhere!

OB1... I say that you misrepresent me all the time, and that you don't seem to really read what I say and try to understand what I actually meant. That is probably worse than the insults and the stuff you make up, because that usually comes along because of those first problems... do you understand what I mean? I say something. You take it some bad way and fly off on a string of insults. By the time I'm trying to explain myself better you're out of reach and nothing I say will ever get through to you. It's a major problem... you just seem to quickly read through a post, make the worst explanation to yourself possible, and go off on an angry rant. And at that point it's incredibly hard to get you to focus on trying to understand what was MEANT by what was originally said... now, it's obviously okay to respond to a point that you disagree with, but the way you do it doesn't lead to debates that work very well and often leads to pages of trying to explain what our points meant before they go anywhere. That doesn't happen that much with others, I think...

Oh, but you are right that in that thread Lazy had the first insult. Rare, it's usually you. Oh, I well might think them, but I try to not say anything...

I'm not saying it's only OB1's fault though of course. Everyone gets involved and once things start going downhill it is everyone's fault that they get worse...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 1st May 2004

The only real problem in the 'Goron Front thread' was, as far as I'm concerned, Fittsize's out-of-line comments about me; calling my parents and I nazis, for examples---then topping that off with a string of "fucks" and "shits" and other swears. I found everyone else moderately civil; or at least as civil as they're ever going to get.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 1st May 2004

Fittisize is a very angry little child, eh?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Fittisize - 1st May 2004

As opposed to being an angry adult? [Darunia, if you consider 19 years an adult]

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 2nd May 2004

Yeah, basically. I just kinda noticed that your MSN name always has the word 'fuck' in it, even though it changes often.

Eh?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 2nd May 2004

Look, we all have different ways we take part in debates. Some of us create masterpiece threads which stretch on for miles, full of quotes, good points, and a few harsh words. Some of us throw every possible obscenity and insult at their opponent until their keyboards break.

Fittisize is a very opinionated, angry debater. I've gotten into arguments with him before and he always does the same thing as he has done in the Goron Front thread.

Here's the bottom line. All of us are videogame dorks. I am, you are, we all are. Beyond that, all of us share little else in common, and that is why we get into such heated debates, and why they occur so often. Seriously, look at all of us, we are the most polar opposite people you could throw together. So conflict is inevitable, we can't all be here and not fight with one another.

All we need to do to make ourselves a more agreeable community is moderate ourselves. Try to avoid debates, keep the name calling to a minimum. Opinions are fine, but letting all them come through your keyboard isn't necessary. Especially you, Fittisize. Cool it, will you?

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Undertow - 2nd May 2004

You're a loose cannon, McFittisize. Give me your badge and your gun.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 2nd May 2004

Quote:I just kinda noticed that your MSN name always has the word 'fuck' in it, even though it changes often.

*notices Weltall's MSN name*

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 2nd May 2004

Undertow Wrote:You're a loose cannon, McFittisize. Give me your badge and your gun.

Uh oh. If Fittisize has a gun, then we're all in trouble.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 2nd May 2004

RUN AWAYY!!!!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 2nd May 2004

The horror!!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 2nd May 2004

The Real World: Tendo

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 3rd May 2004

Great Rumbler Wrote:*notices Weltall's MSN name*

Mine doesn't ALWAYS have it!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - OB1 - 3rd May 2004

ABF, your above post shows just how incredibly clueless, tactless, and socially inept you really are. I made this thread so that some of us can seriously discuss how to make this place less uncomfortable, and all you choose to do is point fingers and start another argument! Are you actually like this in person? If this is the only way you know how to behave then I'm just going to have to ignore you from now on if I am to continue posting at this place.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 3rd May 2004

All right, if you all want to bury the hatchet, then just forget whatever it is about other members that bothers you. Just drop it completely. That includes statements such as, "I'd like to just drop it, but such-and-such is still being an ass!" An argument won't cease until the first person stops arguing. It won't hurt you to be that first person. If the other person continues arguing, they're arguing with the wall.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 3rd May 2004

Someone took down all my pictures..... hmmm, I may have to strategize....

OB1/ ABF isn't clueless, he's in a constant argue-mode. Good going, Dr. Frankenstein. :D

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - A Black Falcon - 3rd May 2004

Quote:ABF, your above post shows just how incredibly clueless, tactless, and socially inept you really are. I made this thread so that some of us can seriously discuss how to make this place less uncomfortable, and all you choose to do is point fingers and start another argument! Are you actually like this in person? If this is the only way you know how to behave then I'm just going to have to ignore you from now on if I am to continue posting at this place.

And your response proves how you do not pay enough attention to what I am saying!

Okay, so it wasn't exactly perfectly calm. Maybe I went a bit far. But the overall point is accurate. You simply cannot say that someone who acts as you do is blameless while everyone ELSE has all the issues. It's completely impossible, and utterly false.

Do you have a better characterization than 'chronic over-reaction to things that didn't really mean exactly what you take them to mean' as your modus operandi? I can't...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 3rd May 2004

Quote:Okay, so it wasn't exactly perfectly calm. Maybe I went a bit far. But the overall point is accurate. You simply cannot say that someone who acts as you do is blameless while everyone ELSE has all the issues. It's completely impossible, and utterly false.

Surely there are better ways to make a point than by something like that first post you made in this thread.

Quote:Surely there are better ways to make a point than by something like that first post you made in this thread.

It was reflecting how annoyed OB1 gets me. HE NEVER LISTENS! ... 'debating' him is more a chore than it is fun in many ways...

Quote:It was reflecting how annoyed OB1 gets me.

And that's one of the problems that we've got to work out, meaning your getting annoyed and lashing out. That WILL NOT make the debate [or arguement or whatever] go any better. And of course OB1 has to work on the same thing. That's probably one of the main problems here, not people who won't listen, but people who get annoyed and lash out. Take a chill pill!! Something like that, I guess.

He says things that seem, to me, to be barely, at best related to what I had said, and puts his criticizms of said things in the strongest possible terms... of course I get annoyed!

Oh, and talking does seem to work a bit better... as in, OB1 doesn't seem as bad in MSN (on that issue, I'll be back on it in about a week.)...

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 3rd May 2004

You two should get married.

They'd have to go to LA, though.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 3rd May 2004

And I thought my incessant war-mongering was the root of all evils here at TC. I'm just a cute, fuzzy little kitten compared to their bickering.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - lazyfatbum - 3rd May 2004

Fuzzy yes, but not cute. Fuzzy in the sense of how rotten food becomes fuzzy. Yes, smelly rotten fuzzy food.

With nazi parents.

SNAP!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 4th May 2004

fucking Shitnig!

Fuck shit shit! Fuck !fuck!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 4th May 2004

Well, so much for my post about burying the hatchet. I figured it'd go to waste anyway, but it was worth a shot.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 4th May 2004

Yes, Geno, it was a nice effort---and I for one respected it, but what your numbskulls here at TC fail to recognize is:

1.) People like Lazy who contribute nothing to the quality of these forums, and only spew random, incoherent nothings at people, constitute a major problem. You laugh, but he's downright fucking annoying and rude more often than not. So, it's back to open hostility. That nazi thing was out of line; and he's borrowing it (lord knows he couldn't have an independent thought of his own) from Fittisize.

*Declares formal state of war on LazyFatCocksuckingAssrapingNazisuckingAssholesBum*

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 4th May 2004

Yeah, to be honest, the whole Nazi parent thing has gotten way out of hand. It's gone from somewhat of a joke to a 6th grader-esque flamefest.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 4th May 2004

Oh don't take it so seriously. He's just being lazy. He's the ONLY being in the universe that's allowed to act like that because he has MAGIC POWERS of SPEECH that let you know he kids!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 4th May 2004

You see, thats what I'm talking about. When I first came here, way back in February, 2000; he gave me a really warm reception. They say its okay because they like him. Well I don't like him. If he likes being a prick, let him be a prick to you, let him call your parents nazis. I don't like it. A normal person would stop doing it, but he won't, BECAUSE HE'S AN ASSHOLE!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Weltall - 4th May 2004

Gee. I'm his best friend, but the reception I got from him was not quite warm.

In fact, I think he found twelve synonyms for "asshole" and still managed not to set off the censors.

Yet, look where we are today!

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - EdenMaster - 4th May 2004

Darunia Wrote:You see, thats what I'm talking about. When I first came here, way back in February, 2000; he gave me a really warm reception. They say its okay because they like him. Well I don't like him. If he likes being a prick, let him be a prick to you, let him call your parents nazis. I don't like it. A normal person would stop doing it, but he won't, BECAUSE HE'S AN ASSHOLE!

Lazy has his own brand of humor, his own way of talking with people. So do I, as do you. We all do. That should never be held against somebody so...<i>harshly</i>.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Dark Jaguar - 4th May 2004

Now now Darunia, the thing is he's not actually saying your parents are nazis. There is deeper meaning in there, I think, and yet at the same time it's VERY shallow, I think, and at the same time he's saying you are fun to be around. I think...

Also your parents are nazis. :D

Look I'm kidding, see how I'm kidding? I never even MET them, and ya know, I'm actually not REALLY talking about them at all, as the human beings that actually ARE your parents, I'm talking about your OTHER parents, the fake ones we made up.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Great Rumbler - 4th May 2004

*makes fun of Darunia's fake parents that DJ and Lazy made up*

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 5th May 2004

we all know lazy fat bum isnt real like lepercons or elves.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Darunia - 5th May 2004

I seem to remember maybe two years ago when I was horribly out of line by saying I didn't like Animé. Of course, by not liking animé, I'm a racist and I hate Japan---and of course I was quite thoroughly condemned here. Boy did I call that---the TC Council of Elders comes together to protect Lazy. Weltall, Darth Jaguar, Eden Master. It's so frustrating talking to people qui ne font qu'à leur têtes. The fact is that he's insulting and I don't like him. Ipso facto, he should be condemned for persisting. You say he's perfectly fine because---because...? Well, you gave no reasons; just citing random references lik "his humor" is unique. So was Hitlers. Maybe my new unique sense of humor is deleting all of his posts in Ramble City that are directed to me.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - Geno - 5th May 2004

I'd kinda have to sympathize for Darunia here; this one guy named Jon annoys the hell out of me. Sure, it's his way of behaving, but he seems to especially enjoy tormenting me. Of course, he's said worse things than "Your parents are Nazis." I can take a joke, but he goes way too far.

Is Tendo City unpleasant for you? - alien space marine - 5th May 2004

I got put in detention for calling the teacher a Nazi once :evilha:

Because he called Hitler "Lord" and I blurted out your a Nazi in respounce.