Tendo City
KOTOR ! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: KOTOR ! (/showthread.php?tid=1756)

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 26th March 2004

I just finnished beating it for the second time , I beat it as a hero and then a villain.

Near the end you had a choice Join Bastila and become the dark lord again or be the good guy saviour of the Galaxy. first time I picked good guy light side ending, then I picked dark side ending .

I felt bad having too kill Jolee bindo ,Mission,Zaalabar.

Hk 47 and Canderous stayed loyal too you.

I wonder what happend to Carth Onasis being stranded on Rakata cause he ran off when Revan and Bastila betrayed him.

Its pretty cool at the end having Malak call you Master Dark Lord just before he dies, Then you see the republic fleet get obliterated by your Sith fleet, Then you have thousands of sith soldiers shout "hail lord Revan" and your then crowned emperor.

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 30th March 2004

Yeah.

KOTOR ! - Great Rumbler - 30th March 2004

KOTOR is a cool game.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 1st April 2004

I hope they make a sequeil or prequeil, there is 15,000 years of untold stories of the republic and the jedi.

Id like too see a story about the true Sith race that existed before they went extinct and later fallen Jedi imitated them and called themselves Sith.

Why not have a Sith Survivor who was in suspended animation come back and get revived and cause trouble for the republic.

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 1st April 2004

Obsidion is making a another Knights game.

Obsidion is that former black island company?

Is it the Knights of the old republic franchise since its one of the few starwars RPG series. I wonder how they will do it since Bioware made the original game.

What I would like too see is vehicles like speeder bikes and hover cars that you can drive around.

I think what also needs to be in the game is planet Aldearan , Since we know nothing of the planet since it got blown up in episode 4.

Alderaan will be in Episode III so you'll get to see plenty of that there. I'm sure Obsidian will do a good job with Knights 2. Hey even if it sucks we'll still have Jade Empire.

Woo!Alderaan !

can you give a link about knights 2.

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=23481

I wonder what timeline it will be?

The original sith war possibly, The mentioned it that there was a dark lord named Exar Kun. prequeil 40 years before the original ?

Or maybe a totaly different timeline before or after the first game.

Exar Kun is from the Tales From the Old Republic comic series, which takes place several thousands of years before KOTOR. Exar Kun's ghost or something also appeared in a post-RoTJ SW novel.

Cool!

I remeber you could buy his armour at a special place on Koriban.

I want too see a true sith!

He wasn't a true sith, he just unlocked some sith secrets or something.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 3rd April 2004

Ebon Hawk looks better then the millenium falcon!

Dont tell Han solo!

Is Han Solo a Mandelorian?

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 3rd April 2004

No, Corellian. The Ebon Hawk is like the Falcon Lite.

KOTOR ! - A Black Falcon - 3rd April 2004

Exar Kun was in the Jedi Academy Trilogy, by Kevin J. Anderson I believe... it's set right after the Zahn Trilogy.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 3rd April 2004

If they make a sequeil, They could have HK-47 be in it since he is imortal they could recover him in a garbage dump in the future.

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 9th April 2004

Where are you from, ASM?

Yeah I'd love to see HK-47 return.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 13th April 2004

I am from canada , Namely Ottawa.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 5th May 2004

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/preview_6095371.html

Son of a bitch yes!

It takes place 5 years after the original game ,The republic is falling apart, A new Sith lord has arisen. Some formiliar faces return , No you dont play as the very cool Revan again :crap:

KOTOR ! - Undertow - 6th May 2004

KOTOR is such a good game. It makes you appreciate the nature vs. nurture part of sociology/ psychology class.

Quote:Yeah I'd love to see HK-47 return.

HK-47 had class, but I prefered the small robot. I used the other bot much more than the HK-47, such as to hack the computers at the end of the game to get the UBER jedi outfit.

edit: but my favorite character in the whole game has to be Jolee Bindo. Great in battle, and hilarious.

KOTOR ! - A Black Falcon - 6th May 2004

Obsidian has very good talent (Feargus Urquhart!)... I'm sure it'll be good. :)

KOTOR ! - Dark Jaguar - 6th May 2004

Or DO you? That story description REALLY makes you think they just recycled the plot of the first one, what with a character that totally lost their memory and all. I'm sure it'll be original enough to have some amazing other twist though, like maybe it's actually a memory of a long dead jedi brought to life by the concentrated efforts of.. the aeons... I dunno... Anyway, it's interesting enough. I just hope this person can speak in that useless gibberish that is "droid speak". Whatever programmer thought it would be a good idea to make up a language no one knows as opposed to just having droids ALL speak a pre-existing language should be shot.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 7th May 2004

no Revan?:(

KOTOR ! - A Black Falcon - 7th May 2004

I have confidence in all three studios I'd say inherited stuff from Black Isle (Bioware, Troika, and Obsidian; InXile has Interplay's founder, but I don't know if it has many ex-BIS people...)...

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 7th May 2004

ASM, Revan will be in KOTOR 2.

Yeah good job with spoiling the game for everyone that hasn't beaten it yet.

*edits his stupid post*

How does it spoil it?

Unless you never even put the game into machine and get through the first part of choosing the apearence of the character.

Unless you mean that I revealed the identity of the main character in the original.I think that has already been spoiled by everyone.

Just like I know now that Count Dooku dies early in episode at the hands of Anakin.No thanks to you Ob1!

KOTOR ! - Dark Jaguar - 7th May 2004

"I wonder what he will look like ,Be cool if they loaded the image you picked in the original." is a QUESTION that doesn't spoil a thing at all.

KOTOR ! - Great Rumbler - 7th May 2004

He was refering to Revan with that though.

Yes, you have to be pretty dense to not get what he said.

Yes, but that's not obvious if you don't happen to know Revan might be there. I still don't know what he's really talking about.

Anyway, if Revan is there, I have an idea. It should load a save file, of your selection, from the previous game to base some things in the game on. For example, Revan's appearence. Otherwise, the "default" would be not to show Revan at all, and just have him/her talked about.

Or he may be the masked figure again.

DJ, why would you change Revan's appearance?

Would he be a Girl or guy that is the question.

I am pretty sure he is a guy.

That character is whatever you want, girl, guy, various cosmetic issues, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, good or evil. The tricky thing is being 5 years later without even mentioning whether or not the entire Galaxy was temporarily in the sway of a new sith lord, or whether Malak was defeated and the galaxy saved. I think the best way is to just have a default preset storyline UNLESS it detects some save files on your PC/XBox, then it will ask you to pick one to base various bits of the new game off of. Either that, or you select at the start "light setting" or "dark setting" to determine how things went.

Hmm, better yet, your alignment at certain parts of the game will not just determine the present and future, but also the PAST, in game terms anyway. If you are evil at certain points of revelation, then the past is revealed in the dark ending (like maybe getting the whole romeo and juliet thing to go completely bad), and if you are good at certain key points, then it reveals good past, like Revan being saved.

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 8th May 2004

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/preview_6096537.html

They said at the begining of the game , You can pick and choose how the previous game story ended.pending on your choices your either in a timeline were the starforge and Malak was destroyed and Revan was the hero and saved the republic or you decide the dark side version were Revan is the Sith Lord and the starforge still exists and the Sith empire is now near too completely destroying the republic.

KOTOR ! - A Black Falcon - 8th May 2004

Huh... that's a unique solution. Normally they just choose whatever story line they want to follow... because it's a lot harder if you have to not just have a complex story but tell several very different stories within the same game!

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 9th May 2004

Characters listed so far

New
Krea
Main character

Returning characters
T3

Krea looks like a silver haired Bastila , She will be the Female Ob1 like role serving as jedi master and your character will be the Anakin like aprentice.

I think after all the publicity and fans of Hk 47 I am pretty sure he is gonna be part of the main cast.

Carth Onasis? He lived through both dark and light endings.
Bastila? lived through dark side ending and maybe the light side pending that she doesnt get written as dead as that was one way the story could end.
Mission and Zaalbar I bet they will have a Cameo apearence but I doubt they will be part of the main cast again.
Canderous impossible to say.
Jolee Bindo and Juhani if there not dead they will be cameos as well.

Revan the former main character will He/she be back as a cameo or will just be mentioned and never scene.

KOTOR ! - OB1 - 9th May 2004

Good job making sure that in case anyone didn't get that spoiler before they'll definitely get it now.

KOTOR ! - A Black Falcon - 9th May 2004

Yeah, that really should be in spoiler tags...

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0405/game050504e.shtml

:)

KOTOR ! - alien space marine - 9th May 2004

Who ever haisnt played KOTOR yet deserves it!