Tendo City
My very own Zelda game - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: My very own Zelda game (/showthread.php?tid=1726)

Pages: 1 2 3

My very own Zelda game - Weltall - 30th March 2004

I'm still working on my RPG maker game... and have been almost four years now. Sadly, after four years it's still painfully far from finished. :(

My very own Zelda game - OB1 - 30th March 2004

Post some screens!

My very own Zelda game - Great Rumbler - 30th March 2004

I made a game in RPG Maker and it had nickdaddyg in it.

Did he say stupid stuff? Because that would be funny.

Yeah. He said something like "I just got the latest edition of OXM and it once again proves that the Xbox is the greatest!" and when you talked to him a fanfare played in the background. :)

Haha, that must have been awesome.

Where is 'ole nicky nickersons, anyhow?

Quote:Haha, that must have been awesome.

It was! :D

Quote:Where is 'ole nicky nickersons, anyhow?

I saw him on MSN not too long ago.

He should post here.

Yeah, we need someone besides Darunia and ABF to make fun of.

Haha, yeah!

My very own Zelda game - Weltall - 30th March 2004

NICKY SAYS "SEIG HI!"

That's illegal in Germany, you know.

Is that actually Nick?

My very own Zelda game - Laser Link - 31st March 2004

Wow, that's surprising to me as well OB1. I thought the LotR movies had a lot of emotional appeal. I saw the quest as a lot deeper than what you described, even though it never became deeper on the surface. It's not just trying to throw the ring into the lava, it's about doing what you have to do no matter what the cost. It's about persevering even when it seems hopeless. And it's a reminder of how things that look so good or fun can ultimately destroy your life, and how hard it can be to get rid of that stuff in your life even when you know it's ruining your life. Yeah, none of those are really new ideas, but LotR made the points without being cheesy, which is a rare event, and it really meant a lot to me.

My very own Zelda game - OB1 - 1st April 2004

Yeah I know the whole moral of the story, about doing what is right no matter how difficult it is, but to me it just fell flat because of the lack of genuine emotion. Nice, sad music and Elijah Woods' puppy dog look just doesn't do it for me, I guess. :D It was too heavy-handed, like they really wanted to drive that point home. There was too much of characters pointing out "poor Frodo, what a burden he has!", which is something that-- had they more effectively conveyed it-- would be obvious to anyone without the need of the movie having to point it out for you. I hate it when they do that in movies, all of that forced emotion.

My very own Zelda game - Dark Jaguar - 1st April 2004

I didn't find it that forced at all. I found the actors REALLY did a great job conveying emotion and I could really feel it. I guess we have different tastes in acting styles. Honestly, the whole "forced and fake emotion" thing is a problem I had with Star Wars...

Yes, I guess it's different tastes...

My very own Zelda game - OB1 - 1st April 2004

I have no problem with exaggerated acting in certain contexts, but when they try to shove this artificial emotion in your face so frequently I just get tired of it.

The Metal Gear games do something similar, where they try as hard as possible to make you sympathize with the characters and lay on the emotion extremely thick. I'm sorry Otacon, but you're trying too hard to make me feel sorry for you.

My very own Zelda game - A Black Falcon - 3rd April 2004

Quote:They also released Monkey Island 1 on the Sega CD.

There were also a couple of Sierra adventures for Sega CD, I'm pretty sure. And I know there are a few more on PS2. But very, very few compared to the genre on PC... it might be mostly gone now (except for a company that imports European adventure games -- in Europe the genre isn't dead. But they aren't nearly as good as good old Sierra or Lucasarts titles, I've heard...) but if you can find older ones, there are a lot of great ones out there...

Oh, Weltall. If you want Lucasarts titles, try Lucasarts' website. Sierra has discontinued all of its adventure games, I'm pretty sure, but Lucasarts still sells some in its online store. They sell one three-pack with three of LA's best: Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis! At least they do now... I'd act before they drop it... (those are DOS games, BTW, but the emulator SCUMMVM will run them flawlessly with full sound and voice.) Oh, they also sell a Monkey Island collection that includes the first three Monkey Island titles and also have MI4 and Grim Fandango. And maybe Full Throttle. A few older ones are discontinued, though -- Loom, the first Indy adventure, The Dig... still their selection is quite good, for games aging in a genre they've dropped.

As for LOTR, very, very good movies. Only Star Wars provides any competition in the fantasy/scifi arena. I really liked all three of them... and they definitely had emotional appeal.

My very own Zelda game - OB1 - 4th April 2004

IYO.