Tendo City
Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Sweden says games turns us into killers. (/showthread.php?tid=1677)

Pages: 1 2

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Fittisize - 5th March 2004

I didn't drink any...I was caught with it. But what does the cop think, me and four of my friends wondering around at night, and one of them has booze. He thinks that ONLY one of the five fifteen year olds are going to have alcohol? Come on, if he expected to get a truthful answer out of me...

And I guess this more how it went down:
"Did your friends have any booze with them?"
"No, did you find any?"
"No."

I was lying about my smart-ass comments so I could look like a big man. :( I was really quite scared as to what my parents would be like when the cops rang my doorbell at 12:30 at night.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Weltall - 5th March 2004

Fittisize Wrote:Sure, cops are called pigs, so the vehicles they drive are 'pig mobiles'.

Only some people call cops 'pigs'. They are usually immature morons who commit crimes and are mad when they don't get away with it. They're usually more inclined to be civil when the cop is saving their lives or otherwise bailing them out of trouble.

Right, but when's the last time a cop in a small town like mine has done anything remotely CLOSE to that? Naw, usually it's just giving the youngens liquor tickets and ruining parties.

BUT, they do also give out a hefty amount of D.U.I.'s, so I guess they aren't all bad.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Dark Jaguar - 5th March 2004

Well, if you answered fully truthfully, there is a much greater chance you might not have had any problems. I know, you think I'm naive for believing "virtue is always rewarded" or something like that. I know that often times not only are people found guilty of things they didn't do, but often it's because the cop just wants to go home (I will say this, cops don't have quotas, what a ridiculous myth concocted by those who want excuses). However, this case seemed like one where the cop wasn't trying to determine if you had alchohol, so much as how honest you were. They do that you know. It's really very easy to detect lies if you know how and the other person does NOT know how, and no not by the scientifically faulty lie detector machiens, but rather by little microemotions people make when they lie, like a split second "fear" face, or a slit second "surprise" face, or a false emotion that almost looks happy, but the eyebrows are raised like surprise so it's a dead givaway. Also, it could have just been logic. This cop likely smelled it already and if you said no, he'd know you were lying, and assume the worst. Your best option was really to be honest and say "yes, my friends had some". Sure, he could have STILL eventually decided you were drinking, but it's either a CHANCE he could believe you are an honest kid (it DOES happen) or a PROMISE he WON'T believe a word you say and assume the worst. Logically, the choice is clear. Honesty really was the best policy.

I did have alcohol...my ticket was already written up, and it was in the back of the car when the driver's assistant (the other one was asking the kids what they did with their booze) asked me if I had any.

Also, they couldn't smell it, they stopped us and asked us to empty our pockets out (I shoulda just threw mine in the bushes about a hundred metres back...I would have had a GBA). And I'm not really about ratting my friends out. I was stupid enough to get caught, so I gotta take my lumps.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Dark Jaguar - 5th March 2004

Well, if you admit you are fully to blame and accept the consequences, then I have no beef with you. I just wonder why the little rant against the cops since you seem to have this mindset. Just keep in mind it's not about how you screwed up because you got caught, but that you screwed up by doing it in the first place. I'm willing to be your friends wouldn't have cared if you decided not to drink or anything, though if you are sober in a car full of drunks, you quickly begin to wish either they are you would die.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Weltall - 5th March 2004

Fittisize Wrote:Right, but when's the last time a cop in a small town like mine has done anything remotely CLOSE to that? Naw, usually it's just giving the youngens liquor tickets and ruining parties.

BUT, they do also give out a hefty amount of D.U.I.'s, so I guess they aren't all bad.

Those cops busting the teen drink parties are doing you a favor too. They know that before long, a fair number of the future DUIs they hand out might be to you and your friends, and if you're honest with yourself you know that's true, so give them credit for doing what little they can to nip that in the bud. That's part of what they're there for.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2004

Lots of people at my school get busted or have to run from the cops all the cops come to break up a party. I tend to avoid such parties so I also avoid run-ins with the cops.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - alien space marine - 6th March 2004

I hope you learned your lesson , The reason these booze parties are broken up is because your under age and teens drink untill their so drunk they could become violent or drink so heavily you could die.Those kinds of parties is were girls get raped often since they get drunk.

Have a Party with no beer and no drugs and if the cops come and break it up then you can whine.

All I got to say is Obey the law and if you've done somthing bad take responsibility and stop blaiming the cops who are just doing their job.

Whats a DUI? Ive heard of it but I dont know what it is.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Weltall - 6th March 2004

It means "Driving Under the Influence". Usually given for slight intoxication, usually for alcohol, though also given for stoned/wasted etc. drivers... it's what's given to the "one beer too many" driver. It's the lesser form of drunken driving charges, the more serious being DWI, Driving While Intoxicated, which usually means the driver is absolutely shitfaced and their driving skills are dangerously impaired.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - EdenMaster - 6th March 2004

Fittisize Wrote:Right, but when's the last time a cop in a small town like mine has done anything remotely CLOSE to that? Naw, usually it's just giving the youngens liquor tickets and ruining parties.

I never understand why police officers get such a bad rap. They're willingly doing a civic duty, a brave job which puts their lives at danger, and they get no respect back. All people see are a bunch of bullies in blue breaking up a good time which shouldn't even be happening in the first place. Never will you see them getting a pat on the back for saving a life, catching a dangerous criminal, or ending a dangerous chase.

If you wan't to avoid the so-called "pigs", why not try legal activities like NOT drinking? If you weren't drinking any, why did you have it on you? What would you think if you were the cop?

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Fittisize - 6th March 2004

Ah, police would be more respected in my town if they actually did more...there's only 2500 people in my town and there's quite a lot of pot and shrooms going around, sometimes coke but that never sticks around long.

The cops know this, to, but decide to do nothing about it. People that are drunk still drive home every night from the bar or a party, and the pigs in my town know all about it but dont' do anything to stop it. Putting their lives in danger? Puh! The only thing they do is give speeding tickets and $115.00 liquor tickets. In my town, anyways.

Quote:If you weren't drinking any, why did you have it on you? What would you think if you were the cop?
I was saving it for later...and if I was a cop, I'd do what the five other cops in my town make kids with booze do: poor it out in front of them. But I was unfortunate enough to come across the one cop that's a big enough asshole to give a worthless liquor ticket (I would have learned my lesson the same way if he woulda just made me poor it out).

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - geoboy - 6th March 2004

Fittisize Wrote:Ah, police would be more respected in my town if they actually did more...there's only 2500 people in my town and there's quite a lot of pot and shrooms going around, sometimes coke but that never sticks around long.

Sounds like you live in my town. :D There's just something about small towns and the flowing of drugs everywhere. It must be the lack of stuff to do in rural areas.

And speaking of cops bustin' people, there always used to be a gang of smokers across the street from my highschool. They had to smoke there because obviously they couldn't smoke on campus. Many of the smokers were under age and it has just been recently that the police have finally begun cracking down. Too bad they're really only cracking down on legal drugs while pot and meth and stuff still run fairly rampant.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Dark Jaguar - 6th March 2004

Back on topic, one last thing to think about.

Who cares what Sweden thinks anyway?

Nobody.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - A Black Falcon - 6th March 2004

Rural areas have lots of people doing alchohol/drugs for just the reason you said -- people get very bored with nothing to do.

I live in rural Oklahoma and I always have plenty to do without having to resort to drugs and/or alcohol.

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Fittisize - 6th March 2004

What about everybody else, though?

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - Dark Jaguar - 6th March 2004

Well, people just need to MAKE things to do. I mean, I have no idea what's going on where I live. For all I know, there are no "happenings". Honestly, it doesn't matter though. I really don't know what so called big towns do. I mean, what, do they all get together to do a city-wide musical every day? If it's just clubs and theaters, well, big deal, who cares?

Sweden says games turns us into killers. - A Black Falcon - 6th March 2004

I don't "do things" so it's not an issue with me, but I know that in this state lots of people smoke/do drugs (OxyContin for instance is big in eastern Maine)/drink because "there is nothing to do"...

Honestly I'm not sure what "do things" means, but I'm probably just about the worst person on earth to ask about stuff like that. :)