Tendo City
Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... (/showthread.php?tid=160)

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Sacred Jellybean - 25th January 2003

Can someone help me with this? It's driving me crazy.

Everything in the past few months had been fine with my browser. Now, all of the sudden, all the text on the webpages I visit is extremely <font size=7>LARGE AND INFLATED</font>.

I'm on Windows XP. The same damned thing happened with my mom's Windows: ME software. To fix it, I would always right click on the page and select Encoding > User Defined. Doing this now, it makes the text a little smaller, but not as small as it used to be. It helps if I pick another language under Encoding, like "Cyrillic", but then the damned font can't display certain characters.

This is really starting to irritate me. Can someone help me with this?

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - geoboy - 25th January 2003

Have you tried going to View > Text Size?

If you have a mouse wheel you could also hold down Ctrl and scroll up or down with the mouse wheel.

And if that doesn't work, try right clicking on the desktop, click on properties, then press the appearance tab. Now see the selection box that says "Font size"? Select a smaller size. The default is "Normal".

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - EdenMaster - 25th January 2003

I had the same problem, and geoboy is right, that's how you can fix it. If those don't work, maybe your computer just doesn't like you.

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Dark Jaguar - 25th January 2003

Well, first off allow me to say the problem is your fault :D. Seriously, that could only have occured if you or another user did something to IE's font settings. The answer is to go back to wherever you changed it and undo what you or the other user did. In other words, fix it how you gone dun broked it.

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Dark Lord Neo - 25th January 2003

When that happened to me my friends laughed and said I was stupid and you can't accidently change your text size with the mouse wheel

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Sacred Jellybean - 25th January 2003

Whoa, I think that's exactly what happened. Thanks guys!

DJ: Awww, be quiet, you big dum dum. Anyone can addicentally scroll w/their mouse wheel while holding down control. :(

Extremely obnoxious Internet Explorer problem... - Dark Jaguar - 25th January 2003

Sorry, I was just funnin' is all. But since it seems you found out what happened, at least you can avoid it hopefully :D. Actually, you can change what the mouse scroll does in the mouse control panel if you want to bother. Myself, I'm fine as is, except I'd like to set up down scroll to be tab and up scroll to be shift tab for WC3...