Tendo City
Star Wars DVDs? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Star Wars DVDs? (/showthread.php?tid=1582)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 13th February 2004

Jar Jar binks cheapend episode 1 and all of his jokes sucked, Removing him would be a Improvement to episode 1 ! Rofl

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2004

Jar Jar plays a crucial role in episode 2, can't get rid of him... and anyway in that one he was fine...

Star Wars DVDs? - OB1 - 13th February 2004

Jar Jar was there for the kiddies. When you think of him as a poor retarded kid and start to feel sorry for him, he ain't so bad.

Yeah... watching Episode I a couple more times made me not hate him as much. He's annoying, and his style of humor isn't nearly as funny as the humor of the classic trilogy (in a movie lacking much else in the way of humor), but he is definitely a sympathetic character...

I just wish Lucas would give him a heroic death, but he ain't dyin' in Episode III. I really hope it's not because of fan complaints because his character really needs redemption. Let him die trying to save the Younglings, I say.

He needs to die sometime obviously, but I don't know if it should be in the movie or not...

It should be that way, but it won't. Giving him a heroic death would help make up for what he did in AotC, and would make watching TPM a bit different since you know what's going to happen to him. I was hoping to see a real arc for him. A goofy idiot, a goofy senator, and finally a hero.

If they don't do something in the movie, I'm sure books will flesh it out eventually. :)

On that subject... when if ever do you think Luke and Leia will find out who their mother is and what planet she's from (Naboo hasn't been in any of the books as far as I know...)? I know Lucas is stopping for now at 30 years after ANH... wonder if they'll keep going or if there's a reason for that. And if they'll finally figure out the question that has been raised so many times in these books... :)

Of course I don't want it solved in some way that breaks continuity, though -- no telling him who it is in RotJ! That'd ruin a HUGE amount of EU continuity. Do it after NJO (ends 30 years after ANH).

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 14th February 2004

OB1 could have told Luke about it , Even if he doesnt have any chit chats with the ghost of OB1 after ROTJ I am sure their is some people who know about Luke and Leia's parents out there , Like the Naboo.I am suprised Luke's Uncle Ben didnt tell him the truth about Anakin before he got incinerated by storm troopers.

Another thing is , Will Luke and Leia appear in episode III As babbies? As they would have too because how else will they be born if Padme is sopposed to die in epsiode III? As thats what makes Anakin go evil and join the dark side.

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 14th February 2004

babies. One b.

And it isn't just one thing that makes Anakin evil... see TPM and AotC, he is clearly on the dark path... just needs something to permanantly put him over the edge.

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 15th February 2004

Why are you guys so good at grammar? Its rare that I ever notice errors in your posts and I feel ashamed of myself.

As for Anakins dark path , You dont see much of Anakins dark side in episode 1 other then Yoda and Mace windu's mind probing that they bring up personal doubts. Episode II most apparent sign of distress is Anakins arogance and sudden outburts of angry , Of course the biggest sign is when he slaughterd the helpless sand people for torturing his mother.

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2004

Ep1 the warning sign was how attached he got to his mother and how much he didn't want to leave her... then in ep2 that became a very big deal...

Star Wars DVDs? - Dark Jaguar - 15th February 2004

The reason we are so good (and it's not really that we are all that good mind you, as my constant run-on sentences should tell you, and of course generally I use parenthesis like these to kinda "excuse" my run-ons) is because English is our natural language. You wouldn't notice our problems because it is NOT your native tongue.

Generally, we look past it, but sometimes you say something that we can't make any sense out of. So, we GOTTA call you on it.

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 15th February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Ep1 the warning sign was how attached he got to his mother and how much he didn't want to leave her... then in ep2 that became a very big deal...

In episode one I would concider it a normal reaction too miss his mother , As he never was far away from her before in his entire life.

In episode II it became a obsession and eventually vengeance.

Star Wars DVDs? - OB1 - 15th February 2004

Episode I showed that Anakin was just a good, normal kid like everyone else. Episode II showed that he really was too young to be trained as he still had great feelings and attachment for his mother. He gives into his emotions in Episode II. In Episode III you'll see just how screwed up he has gotten, but there will be one thing that'll push him over the edge.

As for Luke and Leia finding out about their mother, I'm sure that time will come after Episode III is released.

Star Wars DVDs? - Dark Jaguar - 15th February 2004

Wait, I thought he was too OLD to be trained in the eyes of the council. Didn't they say something like that? You know, like some sort of "WOW THAT IS SO EXTREME BECAUSE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD SAY ONE THING BUT THEN THEY SAID THE OPPOSITE! THEY ARE SO OUTSIDE THE BOX!" statement they toss into movies, but also because it's standard Jedi fair for them to be in the second trimester of gestation when training starts or something.

Mother: NO! You can't take my baby!

Jedi: Look, this child has a destiny. Yeesh, cut the umbilical. Oh wait actually let me handle that *lightsaber sound*.

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 15th February 2004

Yeah, I think OB1 meant old, not young. :)

And you're right, the reaction in Ep1 was normal... but that's why they say that he was too old -- they don't want them making connections...

Star Wars DVDs? - Darunia - 15th February 2004

Guingan Jin and Mace windu should be put into the last part of episode VI with the ghosts of yoda,OB1,Anakin.

Wow that'd be really, really cool--and it'd serve to link them all together so much...but because anything like that could be done, George Lucas would have to get OB1's permission. Carrot

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 16th February 2004

I hope they do!

Star Wars DVDs? - OB1 - 16th February 2004

Quote:Yeah, I think OB1 meant old, not young.

Oops, yes I meant that he was too old. They want to train Jedi at a very young age for the reason ABF pointed out.

Quote:Wow that'd be really, really cool--and it'd serve to link them all together so much...but because anything like that could be done, George Lucas would have to get OB1's permission.

If only that were the case.

Qui Gon can't be shown as a force ghost because he wasn't able to retain his physical appearance after he died. He did do something that no other jedi was able to do--which is retain some identity after death--but it won't be until Obi-Wan dies that a Jedi is able to retain his physical appearance after death. You'll see an explanation for that in Episode III. Maybe Mace learns the trick as well, but I doubt it.

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 16th February 2004

I'd love an explanation why no one in thousands of years ever knew this and then magically suddenly Obi-Wan the Great can do it...

Qui-Gon is the one who almost did it and teaches Yoda and Obi-Wan how to go all the way.

And is it really that unbelievable? Just look at how long it took for us to get physics right. After Aristotle's theories it took almost 2,000 years for someone to realize "hey... this is wrong". It really isn't so hard to believe that it took the Jedi thousands of years to do something that they never even imagined could be possible.

Yeah but that included 1000 years of Dark Ages...

Quote:If only that were the case.

I see your ego is well under control...

Quote:Yeah but that included 1000 years of Dark Ages...

Still...

Quote:I see your ego is well under control...

That was what us humans like to call a j-o-k-e.

Quote:That was what us humans like to call a j-o-k-e.

Yeah yeah... but I had to say it... :)

Anyway you know you wish that... :D

Quote:Still...

Once we got back on track with the Renaissance it only took a couple hundred years.

Quote:Yeah yeah... but I had to say it...

Anyway you know you wish that...

Don't we all?

Quote:Once we got back on track with the Renaissance it only took a couple hundred years.

That's still 2,000 years.

And finding out a way to retain your identity as a force ghost after death is more difficult to figure out. :D

Quote:Don't we all?

Well... yeah. :)

Quote:That's still 2,000 years.

And finding out a way to retain your identity as a force ghost after death is more difficult to figure out.

But they don't have the excuse of a dark age. Just their odd 'we did almost no technological development in several thousand years' thing.

What does technology have to do with figuring out force ghosts?

Star Wars DVDs? - Great Rumbler - 16th February 2004

Here's the explanation: No one ever thought of it before.

Rolleyes

Star Wars DVDs? - alien space marine - 17th February 2004

:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type
:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type

:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type

:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type

:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type :) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bummed: Chuckle :shakeit: Eek :p Rolleyes :( :D :barf: :confused2 :evilha: Carrot Type

:) Haha :nodding: Violin :mariowin: Muddled Flowers What :topic: :barf: Banana Whatever :robot: :shake: Idea Disgust :kiss: :hmm: Hump :far-out: :o ;) Cool Mad Bounce :cuss: Drunk :evil: :S :hammer: :love: :stupid: Jesus Link Santa :snow: Super :finger: Winky :question: :starwars: Huh :mmx: :fairy: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wavey: Explode :stick: Yipes Argue Lol Samurai Zero :mm: :weird: What :amunk: :loopy: :troll: Spam Scream Rofl Joystick Infinity Woah :bang: Guns :evilcube: Erm :bumm...

Star Wars DVDs? - A Black Falcon - 18th February 2004

fix~