Tendo City
X-Box: The Pizza! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: X-Box: The Pizza! (/showthread.php?tid=1572)

Pages: 1 2

X-Box: The Pizza! - A Black Falcon - 2nd February 2004

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/amped2/news_6087306.html

Must be seen to be believed...

Quote:Japan Xbox comes with extra cheese

Microsoft spices up marketing of Xbox in Japan in new pizza-themed promotion.

TOKYO--In Japan, pizzas packaged in boxes that resemble Xbox consoles will be delivered to the doorsteps of customers, courtesy of a new joint marketing campaign from Microsoft and Aoki's Pizza.

For a limited time, Aoki's will offer a menu called the 'Xbox campaign set' which comes with a special pizza and assortment of beverages. The pizza will be split into four parts from the middle to mark an “X” on the pie. Customers can chose different preset topping combinations on each of the four separated pieces (including the interesting-sounding but very common egg and tuna or chicken teriyaki and mayonnaise combos; relatively normal toppings on pizzas in Japan).

In addition to having four different toppings, what differentiates the pizza from others in the company's normal menu is its packaging. Instead of the usual cardboard, the pizza will be delivered in a box that is colored and shaped like an Xbox.

In addition to the cardboard box, each purchase of the 'Xbox campaign set' comes with a sweepstakes card which can be mailed in for a chance to win a free Xbox console and a copy of Amped 2. The campaign is only available in areas where Aoki's is present, primarily the eastern coast of Japan. The campaign has already begun and will run until February 27.

[Image: pizza_screen001.jpg]

X-Box: The Pizza! - alien space marine - 3rd February 2004

If they gave free pizzas with every xbox that might help them sell.

X-Box: The Pizza! - EdenMaster - 3rd February 2004

alien space marine Wrote:If they gave free pizzas with every xbox that might help them sell.

I don't care if an XBox came with every pizza I ordered. I still wouldn't want one.

I wonder if they serve Fanta Shokata with those pizzas. Chicken teriyaki and mayonnaise? Those wacky Japanese!

X-Box: The Pizza! - Geno - 3rd February 2004

I'll never look at pizza the same way again. :barf:

X-Box: The Pizza! - A Black Falcon - 3rd February 2004

Isn't it pretty bizarre? :)

Just what you'd expect from Japan...

Yes, the Japanese are strange, but creative. This, however, is sickening.

X-Box: The Pizza! - Dark Jaguar - 3rd February 2004

Well, commercials generally are, and most of these little schemes. Ever overheard a conversation between two people over seeing some commercial they thought was hilarious? I just feel like grabbing one of them and beating the other one with that first person.

Fanta Shokata is Indian isn't it?

Come on EM, if they were free I'm SURE you'd get one! It's got some great games. You can't be THAT much of a blindboy.

How is this sickening? I'd call it a funny marketing move...

Because it's pizza with XBox. Pizza is good. XBox is not.

Though it is kind of funny, I'll admit.

X-Box: The Pizza! - OB1 - 3rd February 2004

Geez, 3300 yen for a large pizza?

X-Box: The Pizza! - Great Rumbler - 3rd February 2004

Woah! That's an expensive pizza!

I know, it's like $33.

Yeah, I know.

Or 3300 yen.

Which is like $33.

US.

You like hearing yourself talk don't you?

No, but I do like reading what I write. :p

Look at the picture. It includes several sodas too... still three sodas should cost like $5 (soda seems to be far more expensive in the rest of the first world...) so including toppings it should be like $15 or $20, not $33... that is an expensive pizza.

Yeah we covered that already. :p

Not numbers. :)

X-Box: The Pizza! - EdenMaster - 3rd February 2004

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Come on EM, if they were free I'm SURE you'd get one! It's got some great games. You can't be THAT much of a blindboy.

Okay, I'll admit I wouldn't turn down a free X-Box, but I don't forsee myself buying one. Unless some killer app comes out before the next gen consoles are unveiled, I think my entertainment center will be X-free.

I wouldn't even touch an XBox for fear of getting Bill Gates's Germans-- I mean germs!

Bill Gates: Seig hail! *Nazi salute to his brainwashed army of drones*

X-Box: The Pizza! - Fittisize - 3rd February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Look at the picture. It includes several sodas too... still three sodas should cost like $5 (soda seems to be far more expensive in the rest of the first world...) so including toppings it should be like $15 or $20, not $33... that is an expensive pizza.
Disgust It's called POP. Jesus. People who call 'pop' 'soda' are so retarted.

Funny, I think that about people who call soda "pop"...

X-Box: The Pizza! - Weltall - 3rd February 2004

It's Soda to the civilized world (read: East Coast). People who call soda "pop" are worthy of ridicule if caught doing so here.

Yes. :)

X-Box: The Pizza! - geoboy - 3rd February 2004

In Japan, $33 for a pizza is not considered expensive. But that's because almost everything is overpriced in Japan. I saw a special on the Travel Channel. :D

And I think it's fucking retarded to argue over whether it's called "soda" or "pop". 8-year-olds have the same exact God damn dispute and it's because they can't understand or appreciate the fact that people from different regions of the world may do or say things differently than they do.

X-Box: The Pizza! - Weltall - 3rd February 2004

... HE STARTED IT :(

Quote:And I think it's fucking retarded to argue over whether it's called "soda" or "pop". 8-year-olds have the same exact God damn dispute and it's because they can't understand or appreciate the fact that people from different regions of the world may do or say things differently than they do.

Well duh. I do think it's strange, but I know that everyone thinks that the way they are used to things is normal...

Quote:In Japan, $33 for a pizza is not considered expensive. But that's because almost everything is overpriced in Japan. I saw a special on the Travel Channel.

And to think we complain when that same stuff would be like $16 or something...

X-Box: The Pizza! - alien space marine - 4th February 2004

That Pizza looks like it had corn on it? Thats a pretty disgusting topping.
The Japanese like strange things on their food.

X-Box: The Pizza! - Geno - 4th February 2004

alien space marine Wrote:That Pizza looks like it had corn on it? Thats a pretty disgusting topping.
The Japanese like strange things on their food.

Just as we've already discussed with the whole soda/pop thing, different people from different regions of the world do things differently. The same is true with what the Japanese like to put on their food.

I went to that restaurant Shogun once (and that place IS overpriced, but is quite an experience) and they do put some odd stuff in their food... we got to watch the chef make our rice (pretty neat) and he added all sorts of ingredients, including Coca Cola. (Which he claimed made you sexy.) The majority of the meal was rice, but the food wasn't bad (very oriental, of course) and the experience was nice. Still, they didn't even offer free refills there...

I heard that Squid was their most popular topping.

X-Box: The Pizza! - A Black Falcon - 4th February 2004

Geno, the real question is why you took our comments seriously. I mean, huh? Sure I think its odd to call soda pop but as I said I know it's just a regional thing... you acted like you thought I thought he was actually stupid or something...

Oh, and I prefer pizza without toppings. Just cheese and tomato sauce... well and preferably some spices (garlic powder, oregano, etc...)..

X-Box: The Pizza! - Geno - 4th February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Geno, the real question is why you took our comments seriously. I mean, huh? Sure I think its odd to call soda pop but as I said I know it's just a regional thing... you acted like you thought I thought he was actually stupid or something...

I was talking to ASM, not you. I knew you were kidding though.

As for my pizza, I prefer it pretty much the same way as ABF, but for some reason I always order it with pepperoni, which I usually just pick off and eat seperately. I like the cheese, sauce, and crust by themselves.

A bunch of spices are good on pizza actually... garlic powder, basil, red pepper flakes, oregano... and maybe some shredded parmesan...

X-Box: The Pizza! - Dark Jaguar - 4th February 2004

Some people call it "soda pop" :D.

I just call it whatever comes into my mind first. Either or, and that's the way of it.

It's not EXACTLY $33 I think now the conversion is roughly 160 yen per dollar, so it's more like $20.60. That's not that bad considering it comes with drinks.

But prices don't change with the exchange rate, DJ, unless they're imports... so its not exactly a precise science. Just converting the numbers with today's prices really doesn't tell the story. Unless its an import from your country. :)

And "soda pop", I'd say, is just a long version of "pop". But somewhat less weird. :)

X-Box: The Pizza! - OB1 - 4th February 2004

I don't know where you get your exchange rates from, DJ, but at the current rate 33,000 yen is exactly $31.2960 USD. It's roughly 105 yen per dollar.

X-Box: The Pizza! - Great Rumbler - 4th February 2004

Quote:Some people call it "soda pop"

I just call it "coke".

My friend Kelsey calls it "bubbles". Isn't that just the most adorable thing you've ever heard?

It's cute when she says it, alright? Geez...

:shake:

Some people do call all soda "coke"... which is REALLY odd. Pepsi isn't Coke!

And OB1, I agree with GR here. :)

I call it pop my grand mother calls it soda, I think it doesnt matter what way you say it as it is all short for "soda pop".

I call it bubely somtimes.

It is not all short for soda pop, it's a regional (or local, in some areas, I bet) thing -- "coke", "soda", "soda pop", "pop"... all in different areas, I think.

I usually say coke when referring to Coca-Cola [or similar off-brands] and all the others I just call by name: Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, ect.

Pfft, you'd see how cute it is if you heard her say it.

X-Box: The Pizza! - EdenMaster - 4th February 2004

Then we need a WAV file to settle it!

Alright! I need a mic...