Tendo City
This game sucks - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: This game sucks (/showthread.php?tid=1568)

This game sucks - EdenMaster - 1st February 2004

Is anybody watching this pathetic excuse for a Super Bowl? There is no score and it's almost friggen halftime! New England missed a 31 yard field goal! Carolina just got sacked and lost the ball!

If the commercials this year weren't so good, I'd be playing Soul Calibur II.

Maybe I still will unless something happens soon. This is awful.

Discuss.

This game sucks - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2004

New England just got a TD! :) Sure, it took until 3 minuites left in the first half for someone to score, but hey, it IS two defence-oriented teams so is it surprising? :)

It's about time something happened to make this game worth watching.

14-10 at the half... Patriots. :)

And why is low scoring so bad? A good pitcher's duel in baseball can be exciting...

This game sucks - Weltall - 1st February 2004

Five minutes ago, I said the same thing.

Suddenly, it became a very good game. Delhomme got his groove, and that was a DAMN gutsy call to run on that final drive.

Nice to see Vinatieri fuck up twice, from short range, while John Kasay nailed a perfect one longer than both of Vinni's attempts combined.

I can see the Pats getting a few choice calls. Again. Hopefully it won't be enough. They just can't cheat their way to another championship.

21-16...

They picked that pretty-boy bitch Brady off in the end-zone. In a few minutes I'll know whether this is the best or worst Super Bowl I ever watched.

22-21 PANTHERS! Who said this game sucks? :D

This game sucks - OB1 - 1st February 2004

Death to the fuckers that edited my post! WOO!

29-22. Take that!

Odd game... no score in the first quarter, 24 points in the last three minuites of the second, no score in the third quarter, and then 27 in the fourth with 2 minuites left...

Okay, tie with 1 minuite left now...

Yes! Field goal by Vinateri with 9 seconds left. :) Redeemed himself for missing one or two early in the game, for sure...

Final score Patriots 32, Panthers 29. :D

What a fucking disgrace. Absolute fucking disgrace. I hope Tom Brady gets cancer and fucking dies screaming. I hope thier owner is raped. I hope every fucking New England fan in the world DIES RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

[Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif][Image: scream.gif]

My god, there are not words evil enough to express my rage at this. This is so fucking wrong.

Sorry... but no. The better team won after all. :)

Cash + Refs = Exciting last-minute Vinatieri field goals.

I refuse to believe this is legitimate. Once is questionable, twice is obvious. Something fucked-up is going on.

Right, because they won its a scam, of course... no way could the Patriots actually beat a not as good team... and as for Vinateri, he seems to do that all the time. :)

A Black Falcon Wrote:and as for Vinateri, he seems to do that all the time. :)
My point. It's fishy how both of their Super Bowls had the exact same outcome.

It's the Illuminati!!

Not just in Super Bowls, in regular games too... he is just a good kicker and they know it and thus use him when they have the chance. :)

He's also probably the most popular player (with the public) on the team... well after Brady, I guess... that kick (well, those two, he did it in the conference final and then again in the super bowl) in '01 got him lifetime fame in New England, for sure.

Are Captain Falcon's nipples annoying you yet?

yes...

Excellent.

Give the Patriots a break, Welty. Just because they won two Super Bowls in the last few years doesn't mecessarily mean there was anything covert going on. Sure, they might have pulled both of them out of their asses, but I'm reluctant to believe something is going on behind-the-scenes to rig the Patriots victories.

Also, I'm not a Patriots fan, I simply respect any team capable of 15 straight victories.

Hell, in the first and third quarters, I think both teams forgot how to play football for a bit there.

This game sucks - geoboy - 1st February 2004

It's just natural to want to root for the underdog. That's why I wanted the Panthers to win. Oh well. At least I got to see the iTunes/Pepsi commercial. :)

I didn't know WHAT to think of the halftime show. I had no idea Janet Jackson had a metallic nipple. But the last half of the game was damn exciting.

I understand him, he hates the Patriots so wants excuses... :)

Has anyone here ever played Metal Gear Solid 2?

Many think the plot is outlandish and strange. This game proves that it is dead-on accurate.

Think for a second, the parallels are amazing.

The Patriots control America.

The second game is basically a training exercise based on the first game. The outcomes are the same and the Patriots made it that way.

YOU SEE NOW THAT I AM NOT CRAZY.

This game sucks - Fittisize - 1st February 2004

Best team won...too bad I wasnt' around to see what people are calling the best Superbowl ever. (actually I already know it wasn't; no Titans)

I agree with Weltall since that would be pretty neat.

Good job with spoiling the story for everyone, BTW. :S

My pleasure. It's not like everyone doesn't already know. And those that don't probably don't care.

This game sucks - Geno - 2nd February 2004

They say the half-time show thing was an accident... yeah frikkin' right, that's why Janet was wearing starbursts.

This game sucks - Darunia - 2nd February 2004

New England > Either/both Carolinas.

This game sucks - A Black Falcon - 2nd February 2004

Drudge says it wasn't an accident, and I don't believe Drudge, so it might well be one. :)

This game sucks - alien space marine - 2nd February 2004

The Hole thing waisnt a accident, Janet waisnt suprised or even tried to cover it very fast, Why did he rip her cloths off to begin with?

This game sucks - geoboy - 2nd February 2004

Of course it was all an accident! It was just as much an accident as when Webster's left out the word "gullible" in the dictionary.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/blog/040202.html

As he says, at some point people have to admit that its more than just luck. :)

This game sucks - Weltall - 2nd February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/blog/040202.html

As he says, at some point people have to admit that its more than just luck. :)

When they win a Super Bowl that doesn't come down to a tie-breaking, last-minute Adam Vinatieri field goal... maybe.

With the same exact outcome in two games, one has to wonder if it's not scripted. Or is reality just that much stranger than fiction?

Either way, I've calmed down. It was a good game, it'd be the best Super Bowl I ever watched had the outcome been different.

This game sucks - Great Rumbler - 2nd February 2004

I actually missed that part of the half-time show. I had to choose between Janet Jackson's breast or Cowboy Bebop and in the end the better won out.

Look, 15 game winning streaks, including 10 against winning teams, don't come out of nowhere. You're just bitter. :)

You know in 12 years if they keep up their silly Roman Numerals thing (what in the world is the point? Just use the year like every other sport on the planet!), it'll be Super Bowl D? :)

This game sucks - Weltall - 2nd February 2004

Fifteen-game winning streaks... after getting shut out by the powerhouse Buffalo Bills and beaten senseless by the amazing Washington Redskins. Yeah.