Tendo City
Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. (/showthread.php?tid=1536)

Pages: 1 2 3

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 28th January 2004

I never saw the Ewok movies...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 28th January 2004

You're lucky.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 28th January 2004

I know, that's why I mentioned it... :)

The Dark Crystal is totally different but for some reason when I think of Willow I also think of it...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 28th January 2004

Labirynth has a closer connection to Willow than Dark Crystal does. Lucas wrote and produced Willow and also produced Labirynth. Although Jim Henson did both Labirynth and Dark Crystal, so there's that connection. :D I love those movies.

Did you know that Terry Jones wrote Labirynth?

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 28th January 2004

Labyrinth... that's a very different movie...

And I think Dark Crystal and Willow (and the Ewoks movies) probably because all of them have small-sized beings as the main characters... :)

http://www.theforce.net/books/bookschedule.shtml

Hmm, looks like lots of Ep2-3 Clone Wars-era books... for the year of '04 I see just one "modern" (ie post-NJO) novel... but it's Timothy Zahn so it should be good. :)

Labirynth is awesome. Jim Henson+George Lucas+David Bowie+Terry Jones = the coolest friggin movie ever made. Ever.

Almost.

I saw it once, years back, but I remember it being good... I don't remember it like Dark Crystal or Willow though.

It's a more light-hearted movie. A musical of sorts. But it kicks all kinds of ass.

The Dark Crystal is pretty dark, but probably my favorite of the three...

Nah, Willow is the best.

They're both good. But Dark Crystal is a bit cooler.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 29th January 2004

Nah, Willow is the best.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 29th January 2004

You're just saying that because its Lucas! :)

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 29th January 2004

No it's because Willow is the best.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 29th January 2004

Quote:You're just saying that because its Lucas!

It's because it has midgets.

That is correct.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 29th January 2004

Real midgets are better than puppet midgets?

maybe...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 29th January 2004

Depends...

On supanity.

Yeah, supanity plays a big role in all that. As does, pharamornue. Those things make a difference.

Well, I gotta admit that it has more to do with the burtaardingsain than anything else.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Weltall - 29th January 2004

..................................Nigga please!

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 30th January 2004

I will cut you, fool!

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Dark Lord Neo - 31st January 2004

I've been thinking about starting to read them, I almost bought the first one when it was a hardcover but I didn't have enough money.
I like the Star Wars books but they aren't top priority for me so I haven't really kept track of them. I tend to like origional books more, and Star Trek.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2004

The Star Trek books aren't as good, not even close... they are mostly just standalone adventures, not a continuous story like the Star Wars books are...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 31st January 2004

They brought back Kirk in the Trek books.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2004

After he died in Generations? How?

If they did though SW did something kind of like that, with explaining how Boba Fett didn't die in the Sarlaac...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 31st January 2004

I dunno, I just read the back of the books at my local Barnes and Noble.

Weird.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 31st January 2004

He got killed by ROCKS!!!

You didn't like Generations, then?

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 31st January 2004

It was an okay Star Trek movie but...HE GOT KILLED BY ROCKS!!!

Well he had to go somehow... hey, Tasha Yar and Jadzia Dax didn't exactly have great deaths either!

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Dark Lord Neo - 31st January 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:After he died in Generations? How?

If they did though SW did something kind of like that, with explaining how Boba Fett didn't die in the Sarlaac...
First, William Shatner wrote the book, if they killed my character in a show off and I also happened to be an author I'd try to think of some creative way to undo it

In the book The Return the Borg and Romulans form and Alliance, and they steal kirks body from the planet it was left on. They then resurect him using Borg technology and use him as an agent to attack the federation.
In later books in the series he begins fighting Emperor Tiberius from the mirror universe, who has once again taken over that universe and now wants to take over the other one

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 1st February 2004

Quote:if they killed my character in a show off and I also happened to be an author I'd try to think of some creative way to undo

Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 1st February 2004

But good, since Generations sucked.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2004

In some ways even Insurrection was better...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - OB1 - 1st February 2004

Yeah. Insurrection isn't terrible, it's just not that great. It's like one big episode of TNG. It simply wasn't movie-worthy.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2004

Yeah. It definitely felt like a long episode...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 1st February 2004

Star Trek 6 is a good movie. Just thought I'd bring that up since I finally got to see it last night.

Yes, it's a great movie... maybe the best...

I still think Star Trek 4 is the best one.

6 is better. But it's so close between 2, 4, and 6...

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Weltall - 1st February 2004

2 is the undisputed champion, followed by 6, 4, 8, 7, 3, 10, 1, 9, and 5.

KAAAAAHHHHHNNNNN!!!

I got the Trek VI SE DVD last week. Great special features including a wonderful tribute to DeForest Kelly.

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 2nd February 2004

Cool, did they change the movie much?

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - Great Rumbler - 2nd February 2004

Huh?

Expanded Universe. Because no one else here except me cares. - A Black Falcon - 2nd February 2004

Its a "directors' cut" sort of, I heard they made a few small changes. :)