Tendo City
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz (/showthread.php?tid=1528)

Pages: 1 2

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 24th January 2004

I was bored and creative enough today to come up with this little idea. It's a quiz. It's a hard quiz. It will require brains. There is no prize but glory.

I don't think there's a soul here who hasn't played Ocarina of Time, and I'm sure most of you have played Master Quest as well, so I have included some MQ bits as well, but not much.

There is no multiple choice. And, much like when Navi turns green, I'll tell you that one of the questions is a trick, but I obviously will not say which. Also, keep in mind that if the answer seems obvious, it's probably wrong.

There is a possible score of 100 points, each question being 5 points. Send me the answers via PM. Playing the game for reference is permitted.

Good luck!

#1: What is the name of the lost dog you seek in the Market?
#2:
Where is the game's only shark?
#3: In Master Quest, there is one moblin not in the Lost Woods. Where is he?
#4: What item makes Stalchildren ignore you?
#5: Of the twelve main Ocarina tunes, nine of them have something in common that the other three do not share. Which three are they, and why are they different?
#6: Which character dreams of a knight in shining armor?
#7: Which Sage is not named after a town in Zelda II?
#8: How many ReDeads occupy the Market?
#9: If you got every heart piece, started with full life, had four fairies and the double defense boost, how many hits would it take from a Keese to bring up the Game Over screen?
#10: How many dungeons must you complete in order to be able to obtain every Gold Skulltula? (Note: For the purposes of this question, I refer only to dungeons that you obtain either a Spiritual Stone or Medallion from.)
#11: As an adult, there is a Cucco in Kakariko Village that requires the Longshot to see. Where is it?
#12: Adult Malon wears a symbol depicting a famous Nintendo character. Which character is this?
#13: One character has eighteen Triforce pictures in his room. Who is he?
#14: What item makes Keese ignore you?
#15: What two items can make Fairies appear?
#16:
How many Rupees do you need to buy every Magic Bean?
#17: How many Rupees are in the Hyrule Market Gatehouse?
#18: How much does Blue Fire cost?
#19:
What is the name of the secret fish near Lake Hylia?
#20:
What is the maximum number of bottles you can possibly carry?

BONUS!

+5 points: How did I get Ocarina of Time originally, and when? (month/year)?

SCORES!!

1. Dark Jaguar: 80/100
2. Geno: 55/100
3. Lt. Boris Grisjenko: 50/100
4. DMiller: 45/100
5. EdenMaster: 25/100
6. Darunia 15/100

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - EdenMaster - 24th January 2004

Whoo. You weren't kidding. I know a few of those but I'm not even going to enter.

I hereby crown you, a PS Fanboy, as the Ocarina of Time master :D

No, dammit! It took me an hour and a half to come up with that so PLAY.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - A Black Falcon - 24th January 2004

WAY too hard. I don't think I know any of them... and don't want to replay OoT to get the answers to stupidly hard trivia questions like that.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - A Black Falcon - 24th January 2004

Here is a more fun, somewhat easier, but also brutal gaming quiz...

http://www.madville.com/corporate.php?id=4#guess

I got 11.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Great Rumbler - 24th January 2004

I think I know about three of those...

Oh, remember that there are no punctuation marks, and spaces are important. If it seems right try different spacings... :)

A Black Falcon Wrote:WAY too hard. I don't think I know any of them... and don't want to replay OoT to get the answers to stupidly hard trivia questions like that.

Stupidly hard?

Or am I just more hardcore than all of you?

:D

Stupidly hard. As I said I know none of them and don't care because there is no point in knowing such ridiculously detailed trivia...

I got 16 of 26 on the quiz.

A Black Falcon Wrote:Stupidly hard. As I said I know none of them and don't care because there is no point in knowing such ridiculously detailed trivia...

Er, trivia itself is pointless.

It was a ploy to play the game again and use your brain. Any save near the end of the game gives you access to every answer. I know because I was playing as I typed it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Great Rumbler - 24th January 2004

[quote]Oh, remember that there are no punctuation marks, and spaces are important. If it seems right try different spacings...[quote]

I was talking about OoT questions...

And I was talking about the one I posted. Its Pac Man not Pac-Man...

That fact annoyed me so I had to mention it. :)

Oh...okay.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - OB1 - 24th January 2004

Muddled

Derek played. And he did pretty well. So there's no reason you guys can't.

Because I'd need to like play through all of OoT (or much of it) to find the answers, especially considering my one savegame is like halfway through the game... not even remotely worth the time for your dumb questions. Sorry, just too hard...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - The Former DMiller - 24th January 2004

I got 13 of those arcade cabinet images. That was pretty tough, but Weltall's quiz was even tougher. I got the bonus question, though. :)

A Black Falcon Wrote:Because I'd need to like play through all of OoT (or much of it) to find the answers, especially considering my one savegame is like halfway through the game... not even remotely worth the time for your dumb questions. Sorry, just too hard...

Now now, no need for namecalling. If the questions were dumb, you'd know all the answers.

'dumb' as in too hard, not as in too easy. :)

A Black Falcon Wrote:'dumb' as in too hard, not as in too easy. :)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

DJ is playing right now via IM. He's 5 for 6 so far. So obviously they aren't too hard for EVERYONE.

Quote:DJ is playing right now via IM. He's 5 for 6 so far.

Wrong pronoun.

She's 6/7 right now.

She's 11/13 now. Does this mean Dark Jaguar is smarter than all of you?

NOOOOO!!! I am teh defeated!! *explodes*

... I only beat OoT once, and it was about 3 1/2 years ago... since then I've played the first half twice, but that's it... and I haven't played Master Quest. In the last year about all I did was beat the Dodongo Cavern and Jabu-Jabu's Belly again...

And a few I just don't care at all. Like how much money it costs to buy all the beans, or the name of the fish (I hated the fishing minigame in OoT...)...

Karen got 80/100! And, she missed the bonus question to boot!

But the bonus question is easy... well unless you want a precise date... :)

Month/Year. The answer is somewhere on this site, if you're creative enough to find it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Dark Jaguar - 24th January 2004

Well, considering I was missing during the time when Weltall won that contest (he told me after I got it wrong what it was), it's not surprising I didn't get it right.

Also, how can you hate the fishing minigame? It's stuff like that that makes OOT great!

Fishing minigames rule. OOT's is the best, incredibly addicting. It's a lot of fun (not as much fun as in OOT, but ultimately more important) in Breath of Fire III as well.

And I don't even like fishing.

Well for one I don't go fishing in real life. I liked the fishing game in LA, though... it was simple and fun. OoT's was stupid and pointless. I did it the absolute minimum I had to to progress and never went back...

And as Weltall said, if you're creative you can find the answer to that bonus question on the site. But in this version it won't be easy... there isn't an easy link to the old archive anymore as far as I can tell...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - EdenMaster - 25th January 2004

There, I did your stupid little quiz :).

I know I did awful though. Most of my answers were guesses :).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 25th January 2004

Two more entries done, EdenMaster and Darunia.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Sacred Jellybean - 26th January 2004

I'll try this quiz later... probably. Yeah, most likely. Like Eden, though, most of my answers will be guesses. I only know a few of those off the top of my head. :S

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Darunia - 26th January 2004

I'm relieved I got a 15! Better than I thought I would. Of course, MY answers were all right...after all, I STARRED in the game! It's Weltall's quote-unquote "answers" that are wrong. :)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 26th January 2004

Darunia Wrote:I'm relieved I got a 15! Better than I thought I would. Of course, MY answers were all right...after all, I STARRED in the game! It's Weltall's quote-unquote "answers" that are wrong. :)

Darunia Wrote:#14: What item makes Keese ignore you?

Poop?

:weird:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - EdenMaster - 26th January 2004

I was close on a few. I was off by one ReDead for question 8, close on the name for question 1.

Tell me, Darunia...did you get number 13 right?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 28th January 2004

He did not.

I think his answer was "The Poe Ghost Salesman".

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Dark Jaguar - 28th January 2004

Haha, actually the second I heard "triforce picture" I thought of him, because I had always wondered why that former guard's triforce picture looked faintly crossed out with an x... Then I quickly ran off to the very first other character I could think of with triforce pictures and started countin'...

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Sacred Jellybean - 28th January 2004

Weltaii: Upon completing the quiz, do you give us the answers? If so, then I have more incentive to actually do it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 28th January 2004

Absolutely. But only to the questions you attempt to answer. If you skip questions, I skip answers.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Geno - 29th January 2004

I know about 11 of those, and I thought I knew that game like the back of my hand. >>

*looks at the back of my hand* Whoa... how long has THAT been there? j/k

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Dark Jaguar - 29th January 2004

Nice avatar!

*listens to song that starts out hard core rock and suddenly goes suger sweet summer pop and back and forth*

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Geno - 29th January 2004

You mean the opening theme to Rurouni Kenshin? That song scares me... or at least the person singing it does. The opening guitar music is nice though.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Weltall - 29th January 2004

If you think you know eleven, give me the answers!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Master Quiz - Dark Jaguar - 30th January 2004

It perfectly captures the show though! :D