Tendo City
Super Bowl XXXVII - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl XXXVII (/showthread.php?tid=150)

Super Bowl XXXVII - Italian_Pyro - 24th January 2003

So what are your predictions?

I'm hoping the bucs will win back Im guessing theyll lose..unless of course there offense goes on some mix of speed and meth...

Prediction: raiders win 24-17

Im not very knowledgeble at football so maybe Ill be way off...how about you wiser ones give it a try

Oh well tomorrow will me the day... Bounce Drunk Bounce Drunk :cuss: Drunk

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 24th January 2003

It doesn't matter if the Bengals were playing the Raiders, I'd still pick the Bengals to win. I wouldn't actually expect it, but there is always the chance that the pure evil that fuels the Raider organization will turn on them and destroy them all in it's lust for power and corruption.

But aside from that, I really think the Bucs can and will win. Everyone complained about their offense so much, but they have really played well throughout the playoffs. The Ravens won 2 years ago and they had one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. Of course, they were playing the Giants, but I don't even want to think about that Super Bowl. The Bucs can put up some points and their defense is king. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders get a quick spurt for an early TD, but I don't think they'll get much more.

My pick: Tampa Bay 24, Oakland 10

And if Oakland does win, I am relying on all the hometown Charger fans to do whatever is necessary...

Super Bowl XXXVII - OB1 - 24th January 2003

I don't know anything about football, so would someone care to explain to me what's so evil about the Raiders?

Super Bowl XXXVII - EdenMaster - 24th January 2003

Who even cares, can anyone think of a more boring matchup than the Buccaneers and the Raiders? I'll still watch it, but it won't be a very entertaining game for me.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 24th January 2003

This is why:
[Image: a_davis_i.jpg]

I think the game itself will be really good. I don't like the Bucs, and I hate the Raiders, but it's the #1 offense vs the #1 defense. It should be fun.

Super Bowl XXXVII - LukeIsTerrified - 25th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
Who even cares, can anyone think of a more boring matchup than the Buccaneers and the Raiders?

Exhibit A: Ravens vs. Giants
Exhibit B: Titans vs. Eagles

Super Bowl XXXVII - EdenMaster - 25th January 2003

I stand corrected, Luke.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 25th January 2003

I'm happy because this year I'll actualyl be able to see the Super Bowl Comercials, Thank god for Digital Cable

Super Bowl XXXVII - Fittisize - 25th January 2003

#1 offence vs. #1 defense eh? That's what it was for the World Cup this year...and the #1 offence one. Not that I'm saying that the Raiders will automatically win (which they should...they and the Titans are my fav. NFL teams). But who cares about football? The SENATORS are gonna win the Stanley Cup this year anyways!

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 25th January 2003

But will they be in Ottawa when they do
Not that they will

Super Bowl XXXVII - Italian_Pyro - 26th January 2003

Its gonna be the canucks, capito?!

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 26th January 2003

And here I thought we were talking about the NFL, not the NHL. My mistake.

GO BUCS!

WOOHOO! THE ROUT IS ON!

:shake: @ Raiders

To the Raider fans in the world: One is never to far gone into the Shadow to repent. You still have time.

Super Bowl XXXVII - EdenMaster - 26th January 2003

I'm not rooting for the Raiders (or the Bucs for that matter), but to me, that 2 point conversion should have been complete. He was completely inside the end zone when he caught it, and one of the Tampa Bay players pushed him out. It should have count, in my opinion.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Great Rumbler - 26th January 2003

Talk about adding insult to injury: Bucaneers turned two interceptions into touchdowns in the last two and a half minutes. Ouch

Final Score: Raiders 21 - 48 Bucs

Super Bowl XXXVII - EdenMaster - 26th January 2003

Could you believe that touchdown with 2 seconds left on the clock? That was pure Tampa Bay pouring salt in the Raiders wounds.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 26th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
Could you believe that touchdown with 2 seconds left on the clock? That was pure Tampa Bay pouring salt in the Raiders wounds.

Hell, I'd do the same thing if I had an open lane in front of me. What's worse, he could have been tackled. It's not everyday you get an opportunity to run back a pick for a TD in a Super Bowl. Let the man have his moment :)

Quote:Could you believe that touchdown with 2 seconds left on the clock? That was pure Tampa Bay pouring salt in the Raiders wounds

Great, wasn't it? :D

Seriously though, I don't think it was excessive, it was instinct. When you get a pick like that, you don't think about anything but scoring. The game was already over, and I'm sure some people would argue that he should have kneeled it. But I never would have. No one will ever care about the final score anyway, and I'm going to score a TD in the Super Bowl if I can. It's something you will probably never have the chance to do again.

I do agree that the refs blew the call on the 2 point conversion, because you are not allowed to push someone out. But watching the replay, I don't think he would have landed in the endzone anyway. His momentum was headed out of bounds, and he was just barely inside the endzone when he caught the ball in the air. He never would have landed in bounds anyway. [rant]But to be fair, there was no way the Raider's first TD should have counted. The original ruling was that he was out of bounds, and the replays contradicted themselves. One looked like he dragged his foot, the other showed his foot was in the air. That is not anywhere close to "indusputable video evidence" and never should have been everturned. I've seen plenty of calls that should have been overturned, but the ref couldn't see 100% evidence of it and kept the original ruling. This was a pity call, but almost turned the game around. That, the blocked punt, and the frustrating decision by Tampa Bay to switch to a timid, paranoid offense and defense. If you have shut down the best offense in football, why on earth do you change your defense? I HATE PREVENT!!! This wasn't actually truly prevent defense, but close enough for me.[/rant]

No, I did not mean to copy Weltall. His post wasn't there when I started ranting. We just happened to agree. What can I say? :)

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 26th January 2003

Let's talk about the half-time show, I only saw part of it, I watched it when SNL's comercials came one
Did Shania Twain actually sing or did she lip sink
At the Grey Cup half time show she lip sank

Super Bowl XXXVII - Italian_Pyro - 27th January 2003

oh ya she lip sang...it was quite obvious
Im pretty sure the only one who didnt was Sting....

¤in comic-book guy's voice¤ Worst half-time show evar

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 27th January 2003

At least you couldn't tell just by looking at her breath at the Super Bowl
At the Grey Cup it was obviouse that way more air was coming out of her mouth when she was talking then when she was lip sinking

Super Bowl XXXVII - -_____- - 27th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
Great, wasn't it? :D

But to be fair, there was no way the Raider's first TD should have counted. The original ruling was that he was out of bounds, and the replays contradicted themselves. One looked like he dragged his foot, the other showed his foot was in the air. That is not anywhere close to "indusputable video evidence" and never should have been everturned. I've seen plenty of calls that should have been overturned, but the ref couldn't see 100% evidence of it and kept the original ruling. This was a pity call, but almost turned the game around.

Actually it should have been no touchdown because either indisputable evidence OR he did not have control of the ball. The ref focused on his feet, and didnt even MENTION his hands. He was bobbling the ball all the way till he stepped out of bounds.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 27th January 2003

If it was up to me there would never be a half time show again. Show highlights or something that doesn't destroy brain cells by the millions. Or at least they should have brought in some good San Diego bands like Switchfoot, POD, and Pax 217. That would have been nice.

-____- is correct. Good thing it didn't change the outcome of the game, although I was quite disapointed that the Raiders got more than 3.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 27th January 2003

I think last years half-time show with U2 was good, or was that the year before?
The half-time show is an attempt to
a)not loose viewers to other networks during half-time
b) attract people not interested in football

Super Bowl XXXVII - Fittisize - 27th January 2003

Hey LL, you do know that those bands would probably all be lip-syncing to, right? So it'd just be a song you heard off the radio a hunred times. I bet that more than 80% of bands/singers at halftime shows or in between sporting events lipsync. If you think about how big a stadium is and how little time you have to set up all the equipment etc (maybe 5 mins tops, compared to 2 hours quickly) you really have no choice. Bleh. Just keep showing wrestling at half-time shows. :D

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 27th January 2003

Yeah, I know the half time show is just to attract the non-football fans and keep the girls interested, but I still don't like it. I guess I just don't like how the Super Bowl is such a huge media spectacle.

And I don't think those 3 bands would lip sync, because they all have too much integrity. But I guess that's probably why they would never be on a Super Bowl anyway. :) Well, POD might be popular enough, but I don't think we'll ever see a hardcore band there. These organizers seem to like pop stuff mainly.

Super Bowl XXXVII - A Black Falcon - 27th January 2003

Yay. The team several TC people liked more won. (No, I didn't watch any of it... which is the same amount of it I would have watched had I had a TV, of course.) Now we can get back to the important stuff -- preparing for baseball spring training! It starts in Febuary, after all!

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 28th January 2003

[Image: fcb876b7.jpg]

Bounce

Super Bowl XXXVII - EdenMaster - 28th January 2003

:D That's awesome, where'd you find that picture?

Super Bowl XXXVII - Great Rumbler - 28th January 2003

That Raiders fan doesn't look to happy.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 28th January 2003

Is that really Jeff Garcia? I sure wouldn't wear the jersey of the team that knocked me out of the playoffs.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Dark Lord Neo - 28th January 2003

[Image: jan19_raiders2.jpg]

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=645

If you watch the video at this link you can see that Metallica did a decent job live right before the AFC championship. If you set the equipment up on a truck like that and then drive it in it doens't take that much time to set up, they didn't do it in the stadium but I just wanted to show that it doesn't take that much time to set the equipment up. Alot of bands play live in stadiums, why should playing live at the super bowl be any different than playing live in other stadiums

Super Bowl XXXVII - Fittisize - 29th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
Well, POD might be popular enough, but I don't think we'll ever see a hardcore band there. These organizers seem to like pop stuff mainly.

Wait....isn't POD like, a Christian band? (if you listen to their lyrics) I don't think that they are hardcore...

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 30th January 2003

A first grade teacher in Oakland explains to her class that she is a Raiders fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Raiders fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand, except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

Because I'm not a Raiders fan," she replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Raiders fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a San Diego Chargers fan, and proud of it," Janie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why are you an Chargers fan?"

"Because my Mom is an Chargers fan, and my dad is an Chargers fan, so I'm an Chargers fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be an Chargers fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "we'd be Raiders fans."

:D

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 30th January 2003

Quote:A first grade teacher in Oakland explains to her class that she is a Raiders fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Raiders fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand, except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?"

Because I'm not a Raiders fan," she replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Raiders fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I am a San Diego Chargers fan, and proud of it," Janie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, why are you an Chargers fan?"

"Because my Mom is an Chargers fan, and my dad is an Chargers fan, so I'm an Chargers fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be an Chargers fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your Mom was a moron and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "we'd be Raiders fans."

Thank you Weltall. There is justice in the world. :D I'm sure my brother and dad will enjoy it too. Did you make that up or find it somewhere? And was it REALLY originally Chargers? Charger fans don't ever get any respect, so I'm surprised.

Either way, it's true. :D

Fittisize: Yes, the guys in POD are Christians. But I was referring to the music style. Wouldn't that be considered hardcore? Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

Everyone: Gee, that's never happened before LL. Rolleyes

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 30th January 2003

No, I found it, and replaced Bucs and Eagles to Raiders and Chargers, respectively. Just for you. Drunk

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 31st January 2003

Hehehehe, thanks. I wondered, because it always said "an Chargers fan", so I figured either who ever wrote it had no grammar ability or it was originally a team name that started with a vowel. :)

Thank you though. It made my day!

Super Bowl XXXVII - Fittisize - 31st January 2003

I heard that joke a bit different. Instead of Oakland fans, there were Americans, and instead of the Charger fan there was a Canadian.

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 31st January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
I heard that joke a bit different. Instead of Oakland fans, there were Americans, and instead of the Charger fan there was a Canadian.

The whole joke must have been different.

"I'm an American fan"!

Confused

Super Bowl XXXVII - Fittisize - 31st January 2003

It was varied, but the point was the same. Grade school teacher in USA asks who are all Americans, all but one put up their hand, girl who didn't put her hand up says she is Canadian because both her parents are, American teacher asks what if they are both morons....you get the point. :D

Super Bowl XXXVII - Weltall - 31st January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
It was varied, but the point was the same. Grade school teacher in USA asks who are all Americans, all but one put up their hand, girl who didn't put her hand up says she is Canadian because both her parents are, American teacher asks what if they are both morons....you get the point. :D

Well... I guess so Erm

The whole football thing mocks the kids c...

NO. AFTER 'Uh Oh!" I REFUSE TO OVERANALYZE THIS SHIT. I REFUSE, DO YOU HEAR ME!?!? Scream

Super Bowl XXXVII - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2003

Too late? :)

Yeah, I've heard that joke before, and the entities mentioned do seem to change depending on who tells it.

If that was me it'd be Yankees fans and a Red Sox fan. :D

Super Bowl XXXVII - Laser Link - 1st February 2003

Well my brother forwarded it to a bunch of Raider fans he knows, so I'm sure soon enough it will show up with Raiders replacing Chargers and Bronco fans being the morons.