Tendo City
Silent Hill 4: The Room - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Silent Hill 4: The Room (/showthread.php?tid=1460)

Silent Hill 4: The Room - OB1 - 9th January 2004

Lame name, but I'm glad it's coming out so soon.

From IGN:

Quote:January 09, 2004 - The Xbox often gets left out when it comes to high-profile third-party games, though Konami has graced us with not only a Metal Gear game, but also a Silent Hill one. Unfortunately, we did miss out on the excellent Silent Hill 3. But things aren't as bad as they seem - we're officially getting Silent Hill 4.

This time around, the lead is male; Henry Townshend, to be more specific. He trapped inside his apartment that's been cursed by a deep, dark evil. To uncover the truth about cursed, Henry will have to travel through portals that lead him to alternate universes. Sounds cool - and scary.
From the screenshots, we can tell a couple of things. One, the game looks just as good if not better than Silent Hill 3. If you're one of the brave who played the last game, you'll know that is one of the most graphically-impressive games on any platform. The other thing we can tell is that the game's imagery will redefine what we gamers expect to see in a survival horror game. Other than that, we don't know much.

We'll have more on Silent Hill 4: The Room as Konami's Gamer Day 2004 commences. Don't forget to check the disturbing screenshots in the media page linked below.

[Image: silenthill4_010804_010.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_009.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_008.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_007.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_006.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_005.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_004.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_003.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_002.jpg]

[Image: silenthill4_010804_001.jpg]

Very sexy!

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Weltall - 9th January 2004

I'm already onboard that. Woo.

I hope it ends up more like Silent Hill 2 than 1 or three though. And the idea of ghosts has me a bit skeptical. And it's way too bright!

It'll still be the best game of it's kind though. Team Silent never misses.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - alien space marine - 9th January 2004

Hacknah fue!

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Sacred Jellybean - 10th January 2004

I'm getting a PS2. Just as soon as the price drops again. What is it, 200 right now? That's too damn much... but if it comes to 150 and I get a job, then I'll definately buy one.

YAY!

Silent Hill 4: The Room - alien space marine - 10th January 2004

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:I'm getting a PS2. Just as soon as the price drops again. What is it, 200 right now? That's too damn much... but if it comes to 150 and I get a job, then I'll definately buy one.

YAY!
Will this game be on xbox?

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Weltall - 10th January 2004

PS2 is $179. And it will be on XBox.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Dark Jaguar - 13th February 2004

How come every time I see Silent Hill screenshots I think I'm looking at a bad mid-1990's music video?

You know, maybe Silicon Knights, Konami, and Miyamoto should remake Silent Hill 1 for GCN after the MGS1 remake.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - OB1 - 13th February 2004

Like a 90's NIN video? Heh, you're right.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Sacred Jellybean - 18th February 2004

That was a neat video, god dammit! Assuming you're referring to "Closer". NIN has had other cool videos from the mid-1990s, though. I think Lost Highway came out in 1996 (*checks IMDb* close, it's 1997) and the video for "The Perfect Drug" was visually stunning, too.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Dark Jaguar - 18th February 2004

Those things are full of "symbolism" that any 5th grader could come up with on the margins of their notes during math class is all. Not that that's a bad thing mind you :D.

Silent Hill 4: The Room - Sacred Jellybean - 19th February 2004

Symbolism? Where? Yeah, some could probably be found, but I never thought too deeply about that. I still think the scenes are beautiful, though, in a disturbing sort of way.