Tendo City
The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1442)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 3rd February 2004

Cool.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 3rd February 2004

If only it lasted for more than one day... *sigh*

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 3rd February 2004

I refuse.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 3rd February 2004

Suit yourself. It's a really cool commercial.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 3rd February 2004

Hey, Captain Falcon changed!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 3rd February 2004

Now instead of annoying its just ... there ... and a bit dumb. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 4th February 2004

Now you're dissing Frog and Toad??! Man, you've got some serious problems.

I can now confirm that Best Buy is going to be selling Zero Mission for $24.99 next week (it'll come out wednesday), so make sure you guys use those coupons that I told you about and you can get it for just $20! Wee!

5 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 4th February 2004

Nothing wrong with Frog and Toad the children's books, and it isa funny image, its just a pretty big sig...

I don't care about the coupons, but I'll shut by big ugly face because I know how annoying it is when I complain about you telling us about these great deals.

Yeah guess what, I wasn't talking to you.

I know. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Weltall - 4th February 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Nothing wrong with Frog and Toad the children's books, and it isa funny image, its just a pretty big sig...

Here is how you fix that.

Its not hard to ignore. There are some forums where lots of people have massive image-laden sigs that I've been to... Infoceptor comes to mind...

Lol @ Welly

There are people on Infoceptor with a page-long sig, so I can get over a simple banner ad. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 4th February 2004

Poor, ABF. Still using 800x600. :(

And he doesn't like PA, Bo Jackson, non-linear games.... that boy is messed up!

I don't like 1024x768. Tried it, disliked it. :)

:shake: I just don't know what to say...

Quote:And he doesn't like PA, Bo Jackson, non-linear games.... that boy is messed up!

Or Peter Jackson or frisbee!!

OB1 made up the Peter Jackson thing. No basis in fact there. :)

And I like some non-linear games... or at least somewhat non-linear games... I just don't mind when games are linear, unlike some people. I know some people complain that so many space sims (the X-Wing games, Freespace, etc...) are linear, but I don't mind that at all... but I liked the freedom in Fallout (can do what you want but there's a clear story) and Torment... which I actually wish had had more freedom... :)

Oh, just don't confuse linearity with wanting some direction. Metroid Prime with the "help" on isn't linear, it just gives you direction. There is a difference there.

I didn't say anything about you not liking PJ (that's what I call him since we're buddies and stuff).

Oh so funny. Edited your post?

No GR edited his post. I was saying yes to you not liking Bo Jackson.

I didn't watch baseball in the early '90s, I just read about who won in the paper, so I was kind of disconnected from the actual players... I noticed when I started watching the Sox a lot in the later '90s that I started to know the players, which I hadn't done that much before... oh, I have a lot of baseball cards and know some names, but not like for more recent players...

... okay...

Quote:No GR edited his post. I was saying yes to you not liking Bo Jackson.

What?! You told me that ABF didn't like Peter Jackson! That's what you said!!

I know, I saw it too GR... OB1 was just trying to annoy me...

No no, I said that ABF hates BO JACKSON.

Liar! ... or at least cover-upper!

Peter Jackson is cool though.

I never said Peter Jackson.

We both know you did.

And he is cool.

I didn't!

Yeah, and your sig doesn't have a frog in it.

I know...

Rolleyes

Hump

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 5th February 2004

4 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!

And of course, the idiots at Gamespot have given another great Metroid title a lower-than-deserved score of 8.5. Why? Because it's short. Ugh. All Metroid games are short, guys!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 5th February 2004

Gamespot is teh stupid.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 5th February 2004

So long as it isn't too short it's no problem for a Metroid game. I'd certainly complain if Prime had only been as long as the store demo of Prime, or fusion only as long as the store demo of Fusion (the first time I ever saw a CARTRIDGE demo), because that's too short even for Metroid. However, all things considering I expect to take at most 15 hours to get through a Metroid game the first time, and even then that's generally because I always take my time and take in the sights when playing them. That's enough time for that kind of game.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 5th February 2004

Quote:So long as it isn't too short it's no problem for a Metroid game. I'd certainly complain if Prime had only been as long as the store demo of Prime, or fusion only as long as the store demo of Fusion (the first time I ever saw a CARTRIDGE demo), because that's too short even for Metroid. However, all things considering I expect to take at most 15 hours to get through a Metroid game the first time, and even then that's generally because I always take my time and take in the sights when playing them. That's enough time for that kind of game.

You never saw the storedemos of N64 games? There was a version of Excitebike 64 anyway just for the demo stand...

Yeah I played demos of Mario 64 back when the N64 came out...

Oh and ZM is supposed to be a bit longer than Fusion. So about as long as Super Metroid if you close your eyes when the Chozo statues show you where to go (the hint system works just like Prime's, but I don't think you can turn it off).

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 5th February 2004

I've played games in stores as far back as the SNES/Genesis era, but I'm not sure if those were store versions (demos) or just full games...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 6th February 2004

3DAYSLEFT!!!!!!!!!

IGN posted their review, gave the game a 9.0. They said that like most Metroid games it's on the short side (why has this become a problem all of a sudden?), and that it's easy compared to Fusion. There is a hard mode, however, so if you're like me and replay every Metroid game a hundred times, it's not biggie. As for the hint system, it's always there and there will be a flashing light on the map, which kinda sucks. If only you could turn it off like in Prime...

Man, it's so close...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2004

Oh really? So then, it's not flat out guided like Fusion? That's good, I won't have some stupid computer locking and unlocking doors to FORCE me to take it's "advice" through most of the game. While it would be nice to be able to turn off the hint system, in a way having it permanently on means I won't accidently play an easier version when a harder version exists like with Prime (that was my main beef after all, not the system itself, just having no idea that it was on and that a harder mode was hidden in there).

If it really works EXACTLY like Prime, it'll give hints based on a timer and will generally only point to either a nearby save point that I would have found anyway or some room I was JUST ABOUT to enter (or at most one long straight hallway away from), and depending on my speed, won't show up that often anyway. However, seems the hints are activated by chozo statues instead, which is different. Eh, I'm sure it won't really spoil all that much, given how little the Prime hint mode gave away (I think it only helped me a few times, once when it helped me know which of two doors had a save point (and I was really low on health) and a couple times when it reminded me of something I forgot about (reminding is certainly different than providing new info)). Likely this will only end up doing that as well, though actually now that I think about it it'll end up pointing to boss rooms more often than not and giving me a distant thing to head towards. I will say that in those cases in Fusion, that distant room I knew I was trying to find was almost forgotten on my journey TO the place, concentrating more on finding ANY path than trying to get close to the little target.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2004

The times that the hints are most helpful is when you haven't played for a while or have forgotten where to go and it gives you direction... it's pretty frusterating to not only but stuck but to have no clue where to be. Especially if you don't play the game for a while...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2004

Um, you are playing the games INCORRECTLY! You should play it all in one go, not play a little and then wait a few months. The game is designed with that sort of playing in mind.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 6th February 2004

For the original Metroid it hardly takes months to not know where you are or where to go when there is no map...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 8th February 2004

... what?