Tendo City
The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1442)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 14th January 2004

Getting to Best Buy more than a couple times a year for me isn't easy... yes I don't like how all the stores around here want like $35 for the big name games, but I can't do a whole lot about it.

But that comment was more about annoyance about how you must mention your stupid coupons so often than anything else. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 15th January 2004

Fine, that's the last time I tell you about any good game deals! Like BG&E for $10. I won't say anything anymore since you're such a big baby about it.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Sacred Jellybean - 15th January 2004

Well I, for one, am grateful that OB1 gives a heads up every time he knows of a cheaper way to obtain a game. I would show this gratitude more often if I had the money to buy the games at the time, but I normally don't.

It is my unprofessional opinion that, for the overall well-being of mankind, Black Falcon should choke on a bottlecap.

No, I kid. u know I *heart* j00 falcky <333333 ^_^

Why thank you, beanjo. In that case I'll continue to let you guys know when I hear about good game deals. And if ABF or DJ complains about it, I'll send their posts to the Dumpster thread!

BTW a good site to check up on the latest deals is cheapassgamer.com

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 15th January 2004

If it's something *different* maybe, but you've mentioned the Best Buy coupons so many times...

Yet I still had to explain how it works for you last night on msn!!

Because I don't use it and don't really try to remember.

Then you don't have to listen when I talk about it! Mad

And besides, I mentioned the coupon because we were talking about getting games at launch, and I said that I like to get them on the first week because they're always the cheapest at BB then.

Nintendo has finally made a full-blown official site to Zero Mission, and it's pretty spiffy. Clickity.

Oh and...

25 days left!!!

It's so close!

I'm not sure, is OB1 excited about this game?

... nah...

A bit. :D

Game Informer recently reviewed the game and gave it a 9.7, but said that the game holds your hand, which is a dissapointment. Fusion held your hand throughout the entire game, and because of that it couldn't match the greatness of Super Metroid. I still love the game, but the linear..ness... hurt it. I was hoping that ZM would go back to the SM style of play, but it looks like it'll be more linear like Fusion. That doesn't really change how much I'm looking forward to it, but it's pretty sad to hear. As long as there's no annoying Nightmare-like boss and it's not as linear as Fusion, I'll be happy. Well I'll be happy even if it is, but you get what I mean. ;)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 16th January 2004

24 days left! woo!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 16th January 2004

You should have hard bosses though... and maybe it shouldn't be THAT linear, but being more linear than the original Metroid is a very good thing. :)

More like Prime, maybe? That one let you choose... and even with the hints on it wasn't nearly as linear as Fusion...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 16th January 2004

The thing that made most people fall in love with Metroid 1 was how NON-linear it was. Read lazy's ridiculous story about it! Nintendo claimed they had to do Fusion the way they did in order to tell the story. Well look at the 2D Castlevania games since Symphony of the Night. They seem to have managed a very open non-linear experience while still being able to tell a story througout it. They just made sure that a few key parts had to be done in specific order, and they did that not by locking and unlocking doors all the time, but rather the same way areas have been cut off in Metroid games, by forcing the player to get an item in order to get past some obstacle.

I'm sure I'll end up loving this game as much as Fusion, but I don't think I'll love it as much as Super Metroid (first I played), like OB1 said as well.

One last note, feel free to toss in all manner of nightmare-esque bosses Nintendo! :D I for one found a pattern to it's attacks, namely you have to force it INTO a pattern by getting into your own pattern. I loved it.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 16th January 2004

OB1 just hates it "because you can't win without losing a lot of health"...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 17th January 2004

I hate cheap bosses, which Nightmare definitely was. No matter how many times you play him, it's impossible to win without losing health. I can beat just about every other Metroid boss with losing little or no health.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 17th January 2004

He was hard, for sure, but you should have some hard bosses in a game I think...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 17th January 2004

Don't say "you" when you mean "I". I myself CAN defeat him without loosing a lot of health, but it takes a lot of concentration and learning how to control the movements of that boss. He's not cheap, just very tough. He's got a pattern you know. As I said, you CONTROL it's pattern. It moves wherever you move, so you need to move around the room in a huge circle so you get it moving that way. Just because YOU suck at it doesn't mean it's automatically cheap. We've had this discussion before.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 20th January 2004

Yes we have, and again I will have to prove you wrong.

A good boss is one that is tough to beat the first few tries but easy to beat once you've battled him often enough and have figured out his strengths and weaknesses and have developed enough skill to do so. Nightmare is not that kind of boss. Are you trying to tell me that you can beat him without losing more than one unit of of health? I don't think so.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 20th January 2004

I remember Nightmare. He killed me a lot.

Yes.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 20th January 2004

One unit like one block of health?

Yeah.

I don't know if I could do that in any boss in that game...

That's because you're a Metroid newbie, silly.

And because I don't see a point in playing the game more than once...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 21st January 2004

Erm

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 21st January 2004

Why should I?

Muddled

... so you can't understand why others could possibly not want to play the same game twice?

Usually people replay a game for the same reason they played it in the first place... for fun.

True... but I have many games (inc. the other three GBA games I have, which I haven't finished...) and that one, which I beat, is kind of low on the list... anyway I think it would be less fun on replay...

Not at all. I've beaten Super Metroid dozens of times and it never gets old. But I know what you mean by having too many games to beat.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Weltall - 21st January 2004

A Black Falcon Wrote:Somewhat like Mario Sunshine... that game is hard too and can be frusterating.

..huh? Mario Sunshine is insultingly easy. It took me a month and a half to beat Mario 64, but I nailed Sunshine in less than a week, a week during which I was buzzed on painkillers from surgery.

Quote:Not at all. I've beaten Super Metroid dozens of times and it never gets old. But I know what you mean by having too many games to beat.

Of course part of the problem is that I don't spend my time playing the games I'm actually stuck on... but with roms there are so many choices... so many choices so I give up and play something I've played a lot before (the other frequent option is warcraft online...). :D

But I probably play neogeo roms the most. Even though those games are short they are fun to replay...

Quote:..huh? Mario Sunshine is insultingly easy. It took me a month and a half to beat Mario 64, but I nailed Sunshine in less than a week, a week during which I was buzzed on painkillers from surgery.

It's quite definitely harder than Mario 64. No question.

Mario 64 was the first platformer I ever played and it was only a moderate challenge for me. Sunshine was definitely tougher. Perhaps Weltall just wasn't very good at 3D games back when Mario 64 came out?

That is my very strong guess.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Fittisize - 21st January 2004

I usually beat videogames to get my money's worth...if I get bored with it after I buy it I'll finish it anyways just to say that I didn't waste my fucking money. Then I dont' play them again.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 23rd January 2004

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 23rd January 2004

Well for us normal people who actually use our Gameboys as portable gaming machines that we can play outside our homes, it makes a huge difference.

Where? Outside? It's freezing... in class? :D