Tendo City
The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1442)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 2nd January 2004

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 2nd January 2004

All things considering, I read the spoilers having already played the original. Wasn't aware it was something that big though. Neato.

So, your "draw" hit the floor did it?

*doesn't want to admit that he made a typo*

:hmm: Uh... yes! Yes indeed! You see... I uh, I was drawing a picture and I dropped it when I read that spoiler... you see, I call my pictures "draw", so it makes sense.

Whew, that was a close call!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 2nd January 2004

I played some Metroid Prime today... found the alternate route back to Tallon Overworld, got Space Jump, went back, and got stuck at the boss guarding the Wave Beam. 15% now...

*cough*yousuck*cough*

:p

But it's a giant ice monster and it killed me twice now without me having any idea of how to hurt it... I gave up. :)

And the clock says 4 hours, but I'm sure it's a lot closer to twice that...

Where's that pointing-and-laughing smiley when you need it.... :D

... what? The fact that I'm only like six or seven hours into the game?

The fact that you've had the game for well... forever, and have barely played it. Actually in that case I should use the dissapointed smiley.

It's a great game, but quite hard and I get stuck frequently and quit for months... it's fun, but, IMO, better in small doses.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 2nd January 2004

Haha, I started over from the beginning about two weeks ago and I've already got more than twice as far as you have! :D

Haha. Chuckle

Too bad Zero Mission isn't coming out on the Gamecube. Right? Riiiiight?! *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

I don't care. Really. It's fun, but somewhat annoyingly hard... and I get tired of it when I play for too long. Or something. Somewhat like Mario Sunshine... that game is hard too and can be frusterating. The difference is that Prime is a much better game, and is more fun to play... SMS is just more of the same. Gets old.

All you have to do to figure out how to beat the bosses is to scan them...you do know that right?

Of course I scanned the thing, but that didn't exactly help much... it's the Sheegoth... I know it said shoot the mouth after it fires or something but it seems that whenever I shoot it just shoots the thing in the back...

YOU GOT BEAT BY THE SHEEGOTH??!! Hahahahaha...oh sorry sorry, but...THE SHEEGOTH??!! Oh man, you really do suck at MP. Hahaha...sheegoth, oh my.

Twice... hey, I only have three energy tanks and one is empty by the time I get to it because of killing all the guys along the way, and two energy tanks isn't enough when you don't know how to kill the thing...

Oh, when I was getting the Wave Beam I found the artifact area and got the first of those (and scanned all the stones I could), and got a missile expansion so I now have 25. :)

I shouldn't have to explain this...but here goes: The sheegoth uses flames and energy balls to attack you. After it uses on of these to attack it becomes tired and begins to breathe heavy. When the sheegoth does that you pump its mouth full of missles. Simple.

Okay...

So how many missiles and e-tanks should I have at this point? I'm sure it's more than 25 and three...

25 missles is more than enough, as for energy tanks...well it depends on how good you are at the game, I could beat it with half a tank probably, but from what you've said so far...you probably need several more.

Yeah, I know I need more, but they're kind of hard to find... :)

It'd be easier if I just looked up item locations on the net and got them, but I don't want to cheat... this is the first time I've gotten help. And I don't want to waste time wandering around just looking for items... I should get enough just along my path, I think (getting the ones I can see and get along the way I mean).

If you don't start doing some off-the-path exploring you won't find many upgrades besides the necessities.

I explore some while I go along, but I don't go back to old areas and look for things there unless the game guides me there. Just is too much of an annoyance.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 3rd January 2004

Maybe ABF is playing some sort of bizarro version of Metroid Prime where the controls are all inverted and baby sheegoth are the toughest enemies in the universe.

BIZARRO BIZARRO!!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - MgL - 3rd January 2004

Excellent... :) I just finished Fusion last week so my interest in this is high. It is wierd how Prime made me love this series all of the sudden. I use to think it was crap until I played Prime, but now I love it and want more. I only played the first Metroid for about a minute or two on my GC so this will be all new to me. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 3rd January 2004

Baby Sheegoth? Those are easy... I'm talking about the big one. It's harder. :)

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 3rd January 2004

Quote:unless the game guides me there.

Hahaha, you're totally never going to beat the game playing like that. :p

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 3rd January 2004

I wouldn't say ABF sucks. I WOULD say he's going about the game all wrong. According to you ABF, you are playing it in small doses, thinking it best, but it's very apparent that it's not really best, even for you. So long in between, you forget everything that happened last time you played, and you end up playing catch up with your memory.

I'd say your best bet is to find a time when you have a weekend free (at least) and really want to play a nice adventure game. THEN I'd start it up and just play it non-stop. In fact, when this situation occurs, I'd just start up a brand new game. This game really isn't meant for small doses.

But I get stuck somewhere, get frusterated, and can't keep playing it then... and anyway this game gets a bit boring when I play it for too long at once. I know it's great, but it's just not fun to play for long amounts of time... but the 'getting stuck' thing is the bigger reason. It's a hard game!

Quote:Hahaha, you're totally never going to beat the game playing like that.

How so? It's worked just fine so far... I just head in the direction of whatever the next place it tells me to go is, and I progress through the game...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Fittisize - 3rd January 2004

What system is this on?

I got as far as the Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime, then I started to suck so I'm restarting now, using a guide, because I figure I missed some powerups or energy tanks along the way.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 3rd January 2004

Quote:How so? It's worked just fine so far... I just head in the direction of whatever the next place it tells me to go is, and I progress through the game...

Because most of the health and missle upgrades are in hide to find areas that require you to do some searching, the game isn't going to tell you where they are, and taking into consideration how hard you think the game is no the bosses that actually are hard will tear you apart. Believe me I've got almost all the health upgrades and the last boss still has killed me several times.

Fittsy, Zero Mission is a GBA title.

It's not like I don't look for anything... that's obvious since I have 25 missiles and 3 e-tanks... I just don't backtrack. As I'm going along I will look to see which doors I can reach, etc... but I know I will never get all the upgrades, whether I look for them or not, so I don't see a point in spending a lot of time for little gain.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Fittisize - 3rd January 2004

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Fittsy, Zero Mission is a GBA title.

Ah. Then I won't buy it, seeing as I don't have a GBA (I have a bunch of games though!).

You should try to get a GBA Player.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 12th January 2004

Finally some (gorgeous) new screens and Nintendo's first-ever movies! From Nintendo's Zero Mission mini-site:

[Image: 3cef0e47-f162-4d95-a3ca-86b300a8c015.jpg]
[Image: 237f7a22-4166-45dd-9dc7-9e8d7b9a473d.jpg]
[Image: a69437c7-cebd-4486-880a-cb978cc28eb8.jpg]
[Image: 5f3b197f-630e-44f0-b80d-b3a5162d8e4e.jpg]
[Image: a1b1d033-4706-4628-b3f8-d0446cf6fd7c.jpg]
[Image: b1206b92-efe5-48a9-860f-c09940b06249.jpg]
[Image: eb58dae4-ae33-40cf-8c57-a581ff9c5e88.jpg]
[Image: 2b948b62-3d27-4ec6-b410-f11589b0a707.jpg]
[Image: a9c9f7e8-a7e7-4ebc-88f0-f06e3928f3f7.jpg]
[Image: 35f1ae4d-3151-441e-a622-ece1afb9821c.jpg]
[Image: 20f3c32b-8683-4772-afa7-c630cbf3c5c2.jpg]
[Image: 2b7d5453-c77b-468e-a737-96a90e3326ff.jpg]
[Image: 8ab6858f-e5c1-419c-b5e7-9160184b4fc7.jpg]
[Image: f26fea61-b4c1-4e0b-b1fa-d936c1668571.jpg]
[Image: 1e9c9e7c-4152-47ce-a464-9f0f881db0e0.jpg]
[Image: 462008f8-d84c-4a9a-a41a-96e8d405eda5.jpg]

Awesome!

28 Days Left!!!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Dark Jaguar - 12th January 2004

I saw a pic like that last pic but in a different area. Those look just like the Chozo statues in Metroid Prime! I love it!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - OB1 - 14th January 2004

26 days left!!!

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 14th January 2004

Zero Mission looks awesome not unlike the awesomeness seen throughout the entirety of things that are truly awesome.

Well said.

So am I the only one here that's planning on buying it as soon as it's out? And yes ABF, I know that you're not getting it immediately.

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - A Black Falcon - 14th January 2004

My next GBA game will probably be Fire Emblem.

You can't go wrong with an Intelligent Systems game.

No, you can't...

The Metroid Zero Mission Countdown Thread - Great Rumbler - 14th January 2004

I don't think I'll be able to get it as soon as it comes out.

I always try to get Nintendo GBA games on the day they come out at Best Buy because they're almost always on sale. $25 at the most, and with the $5 coupon I get them for no more than $20 each. I got all of the Mario and Sonic GBA games for around $18 each.

But all the big stores seem to sell those things for $35...

Not Best Buy. Or Circuit City. And the only two GBA games I've ever seen over $35 at either two stores were FFTA and Boktai. Everything else is $30 and below. Remember, big GBA games are super cheap the week they come out.

Huh. And then you use your super-special coupons... Rolleyes

No, I'm totally lying about all of this because I'm actually the president of Best Buy and want people to buy games at their store. Whatever

Hey if you don't like to save money then I don't give a damn.