Tendo City
Happy New Year - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Happy New Year (/showthread.php?tid=1436)

Happy New Year - Lord Shockwave - 31st December 2003

Happy new year everyone, now leave me alone so I can go play some games and have Jack Daniels over for company! :D

Happy New Year - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2003

You know that if you don't watch the ball drop, the new year never comes?

Happy New Year - Weltall - 31st December 2003

Really?

I missed it last year, and I can't remember watching it before the age of 8.

Happy 1995 everyone!

Happy New Year - A Black Falcon - 31st December 2003

1995... good year...

Happy New Year - Weltall - 31st December 2003

Not for me. Life didn't begin to get interesting until at least 1997.

Happy New Year - Great Rumbler - 1st January 2004

I didn't get to see the ball drop either, stupid Central Time Zone TV stations.

Happy New Year - Dark Jaguar - 1st January 2004

Not sure what the point is. That's New York's tradition, not ours. Of course, New York is the ONLY place in the whole frickin' country that HAS a tradition for New Year's, except the countdown, so everyone else uses their's in the absence of their own.

Myself, I watched Adult Swim. Oddly enough, the very start of Futurama actually had the countdown perfectly timed with my watch, so I could count down to that. Much more interesting :D.

Wait, now that I think about it, some places have fireworks festivals of their own instead of watching New York's big light covered ball thing.

(Heh, and yes, watching the ball drop when you're in a different time zone is just a tad silly. Though, the major networks will replay it when central's new year starts around here. But that's just retarded. :D)

Happy New Year - Laser Link - 2nd January 2004

Heh, I watched the Twilight Zone marathon on the SciFi channel with my dad.

Happy New Year - OB1 - 2nd January 2004

I went to a party at a friend's house... then when I got back home at 3:30 I watched Adult Swim. :D

Happy New Year - Weltall - 2nd January 2004

I became kissing cousins with a bottle of Stoli.

Happy New Year - big guy - 3rd January 2004

i drank guiness instead of champagne and then downed a 40 of mgd to make things more interesting. then i went to another party and had a labatt blue light before coitus and sleep.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year - Fittisize - 3rd January 2004

I uh...drank about 8 beer and had a bunch of hard shit...I can't really remember how much, plus I had a full tin of Skoal, too. :D (I've never liked chew, but it's New Year's, you gotta do shit like that). Added to people throwing thier fireworks in the fire at 11:30 made it an extremely fun New Year's.

Happy New Year - OB1 - 3rd January 2004

I.. I drank some sprite.

Happy New Year - A Black Falcon - 3rd January 2004

I had seltzer. Or water. Probably both.

Happy New Year - Weltall - 3rd January 2004

Seltzer!? Alone? Without liquor or indigestion?

No wonder you're so wierd.

I love seltzer! Flavored seltzer... lemon, lime, etc... I don't mean like tonic water or something, but seltzer. Water that is bubbly and with some flavor. I love the stuff. I drink it a lot... of course the fact that we never have soda at home affects that -- it's the only bubbly thing we usually have. But even so, I think I'd drink it anyway... it is good.

I also love mineral water. That's of course because we had almost as much mineral water as regular water in our house in Croatia, but I really like it. :D

I remember in Slovenia in a lot of restaurants if you asked for "water" you'd get bottled mineral water... which may surprise you when you get the bill...

Haha, they probably did that to you since you were a foreigner.

Happy New Year - Weltall - 3rd January 2004

...Seltzer is for heartburn... or Gin Fizzies...

Happy New Year - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2004

Or drinking when you don't want boring water. :)

Happy New Year - OB1 - 8th January 2004

People in Europe drink mineral water like they would coke or something. It's not so strange.

Happy New Year - A Black Falcon - 8th January 2004

Yeah.

Happy New Year - Great Rumbler - 8th January 2004

Water is too boring, it just isn't exciting at all.

Happy New Year - big guy - 12th January 2004

but what about all these new fangled fancy waters? they excite me tremendously...oooooh yeah! Samurai