Tendo City
Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Yeah! It's technically Christmas! (/showthread.php?tid=1420)

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Dark Jaguar - 24th December 2003

Except that I'll have to sleep and wake up first :D.

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - A Black Falcon - 25th December 2003

So if you stay awake most of the night when does Santa have time to come?

... oh wait, I did too...

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - buckey_lasek - 25th December 2003

lucky you guys that you probally don't have to work all day on christmas.

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Great Rumbler - 25th December 2003

I slept a total of three hours last night...

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Dark Jaguar - 25th December 2003

Younger siblings sure can drain any and all chances of SLEEP from one can't they?

Anyway, after eventually rousing myself, I find myself enjoying Christmas!

The haul:

A DVD rewriting drive.

Prince of Persia (Sands of Time, not a used SNES game :D) (Oh, I'll need to exchange it for the XBox version.)

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword (finally found out the official subtitle)

F-Zero GX

Final Fantasy X-2

Sword of Mana

Neverwinter Nights: Hordes O' The Underdark thingy

A frickin' gyro! Now I can destroy the fabric of reality all over again!

A sleepy time Garfield pez dispenser! The look is exactly what I had when I was woken up WITH NO SUN.

Dilbert Gives You The Business

TINY DOMINOS... OF BIG O (um, not of Big O as it turns out)!

About a metric TRILLION starburst.

GIFT CERTIFICATES! (Actually, I'd much rather get cash than a gift certificate, but this one can be used in enough places that it's all good.)

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Fittisize - 25th December 2003

Holy shit, that is a lot of fricken games. I only got one game, Mario Kart Double Dash. Oh, and Wolverines Revenge for the PC. That came as a total shock, I didn't even ask for it.Eek And uh, clothes and whatnot, a ping pong table (for the family, of course) 2 DVD's, hockey equipment...yep that's about it.

I single spaced it to make it look bigger :D.

Ask next week, by then I'll have gotten the rest of my presents... my sister was sick this week so she didn't get me anything, and my parents always keep some things back to give me when we visit our relatives (this weekend). And I got less than usual. So all I got today was three books and $50.

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - OB1 - 25th December 2003

Hey, look at me! I'm responding to DJ's post! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:p

Here's what I got:

2001 Chevy Prism [as I mentioned in the other Christmas thread.

Fire Emblem

Final Fantasy Tactics

Dai-Guard Volumes 3-5 [DVD]

Burnout 2 [Xbox]

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness [PS2]

Patlabor the Movie 1

Boktai [GBA]

TI 83 Calculator

Harry Potter Book 5

The Elder Gods [Book]

Wheel of Time Book 10

Simcity 4

Some clothes

Some candy [Thin mints!!!]

You sure got a whole lotta shit.

And you only just now got the fifth Harry Potter book? I would have thought you would have asked your parents for that ages ago.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add a book I got. 'Dude, Where's My Country?', a Michael Moore book.

Holy crap, you got a car? Damn, I wish I had rich relatives! :p

Quote:I would have thought you would have asked your parents for that ages ago.

Rolleyes

Quote:Damn, I wish I had rich relatives!

Rich? No. Really, really nice [and cool]? Yes! :D

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Weltall - 25th December 2003

TI-83s are straight dope. I had so many games on mine that I never got anything done.

I have a TI-83... though I only got it when I went to college and only ever had a few games on it, so I didn't use it that much. It got messed up or something and the games were erased, though.

A frickin' CAR? Wow! Yes, your parents ARE rich if they could actually buy you a new car as a GIFT!

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Weltall - 25th December 2003

I programmed a dozen RPGs, along with countless racing, bowling, paper-football, and other assorted action games on that sucker. My high school actually had an unofficial community of TI-83 programmers, about 25 people, and if I can take pride of nothing else from my high school experience, that I was the most talented and prolific of that small sub-culture is one that I can. Between being the only one to successfully create a realtime RPG fighting engine, a drawing tool and a multiplayer game, I was undisputed king of those nerds. And other people liked us because there were a lot of TI-83 owners and games were in pretty high demand. It's all supreme diddlyshit now, but six years ago it was pretty important to me. :D

I fell way out of practice though. The last time I tried tinkering with programming it again I had no idea what the hell I was doing. And that was years ago. Link

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
A frickin' CAR? Wow! Yes, your parents ARE rich if they could actually buy you a new car as a GIFT!

You said it!

He should at LEAST pay for all the insurance, as well as gas, or else that just ain't right.

Not saying it's WRONG, just saying it's obviuos his parents have more money than most to be able to afford something like that is all. I feel sorry for whoever's gift had to FOLLOW that though. Only a small moon could 1-up that, and it would have to be pre-terraformed at that.

Well I'm happy for GR. I hope you have fun with your new ride, Johnny!

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Great Rumbler - 26th December 2003

If by rich you guys mean really, really great parents who buy things for their children simply because that the kind of people they are, but if by rich you mean money at the wazoo, living in a three story house with servants rich, then you'd be very far off. Not to say that my parents are somehow poor or anything like that because that would be far off too, but certaintly not rich like you guys are thinking.

Quote:buy you a new car as a GIFT!

It's not new!! It's 2001! Besides it wasn't THAT expensive...well expensive enough and it was certaintly more than I ever expected to get for Christmas [or any other occasion for that matter] ever.

Quote:TI-83s are straight dope. I had so many games on mine that I never got anything done.

Yes, it is very cool! Now I'm ready to take the ACT.

Quote:Well I'm happy for GR. I hope you have fun with your new ride, Johnny!

Finally someone who isn't hating!! :)

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - OB1 - 26th December 2003

I'm only happy because I plan on stealing your car...

Oops, I shouldn't have said that!

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Dark Jaguar - 26th December 2003

I'm not "hatin'" as you put it, but you must admit your parents are rich! Not millionairs, as though that's how much money one must have to be considered rich, but more than most.

And I mean new as in not used. Most people buy used cars.

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - Great Rumbler - 26th December 2003

40,000 a year is rich? :hmm:

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - EdenMaster - 26th December 2003

Well, I'd like to say I got games for Christmas but alas, I suffer from the inability to control my spending. Thus, any game I really want I buy myself, leaving people who buy for me difficult shopping.

However. When I get my Christmas money from my relatives and the gift certificate for the mall I got from work, I intend to go and get Mario and Luigi, as well as Beyond Good & Evil.

I did get a new car stereo, a new jacket, the latest Sims expansion pack, and lots of junk food :). I still have more relatives to see on Sunday, so my stash isn't over yet.

Yeah! It's technically Christmas! - big guy - 26th December 2003

i got clothes, MS office, beyond good and evil (which f'n rocks...i voted it best game overall at IGN) and a fat check from my dad.

my mom isn't rich, but i'm beginning to think my dad is. he gave me a fat check after dropping 650 bones to get my car fixed. and he pays my insurance (i pay gas) and pays for my college education. though i think he knows if he didn't front for my college, i wouldn't either, and thus, i wouldn't be in college. so i think he scrapes together to make sure i go.

anyway, buying a recent model car is rather expensive, and quite generous, but it doesn't mean his parents are loaded...just that they are more willing to spend what they do have than say, my parents. though i got a car for free from my dad (only because he already owned it and had since purchased another vehicle and it had 300,000 miles on it and wasn't worth anything).

anyway, no sense in making GR feel guilty for getting a sweet gift.

hope you all had good x-mas's.