Tendo City
North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation (/showthread.php?tid=1346)

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Great Rumbler - 1st December 2003

Quote:Pyongyang, November 29 (KCNA) -- The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland and the National Reunification Institute made public a memorandum on November 28 after making a joint comprehensive survey of the human and material damage caused by the U.S. imperialists to the south Korean people since it occupied south Korea on September 8, 1945 and estimating its total amount. The memorandum said:
The U.S. imperialists killed in cold blood at least 2,240,000 civilians and patriots or 10 percent of the population of south Korea right after their occupation of south Korea (September 1945-May 1950) and during the Korean war of aggression (June 1950-July 1953). At least 83,000 innocent people were killed by the U.S. imperialists' firing, violence, terrorism, robbery, rape, arson, deliberate traffic incident, spread of contagious diseases and spray of defoliant in the postwar period (August 1953-present).
According to compiled data, a total of over 2,323,000 people were killed and 6,520,000 wounded.
The amount of damage inflicted by the U.S. imperialists upon the south Korean people runs into astronomical figures. If the victims are considered to be still alive and the income to be earned by them during their lifetime plus its interest and the changed value of U.S. dollar, etc. are estimated by the calculation method according to the international usage, the amount of damage caused to the dead is estimated to be 9,343,020,050,000 U.S. dollars, the amount of damage to the wounded 13,105,728,120,000 U.S. dollars, bringing the total amount of human damage to 22,448,748,170,000 U.S. dollars.
If a total amount of damage including the confiscation of "enemy property," the levy of taxes, extortion of grains is estimated at the present price, it amounts to 4,281,665,880,000 U.S. dollars.
A total amount of damage caused by destruction runs into 5,145,398,340,000 U.S. dollars when estimated at the present price, and the amount of damage resulting from "aid" totals 2,341,469,900,000 U.S. dollars and the amount of damage incurred by trade and the market opening totals 1,413,903,760,000 U.S. dollars.
If the amount of damage caused by the infiltration of U.S. monopoly capital plus its interest is estimated at the present price, it comes to 4,233,270,160,000 U.S. dollars.
This means, in the final analysis, the U.S. imperialists have inflicted upon south Korea material and economic losses worth 17,415,708,040,000 U.S. dollars through plunder, destruction, "aid," trade and the market opening and the infiltration of capital since their occupation of south Korea.
Meanwhile, the loss south Korea has suffered due to the U.S. military bases totals 127,792,170,000 U.S. dollars and the loss incurred by its payment of the expenses for the upkeep of the U.S. troops in south Korea is estimated at 705,395,760,000 U.S. dollars.
South Korea's loss caused by the forced purchase of war equipment totals 1,083,633,580,000 U.S. dollars when its interest and the changed value of a U.S. dollar are taken into account.
The U.S. imperialists have staged a total of 13,700 war exercises of various forms in south Korea, counting only those made public. The amount of damage caused by them is estimated to be 577,742,910,000 U.S. dollars.
If the amount of damage caused to the land, forests and rivers and streams by environmental pollution and destruction is estimated on the basis of the expenses for restoring them to their original state, it totals 780 billion U.S. dollars.
A total amount of military damage the U.S. imperialists have inflicted upon south Korea totals 3,274,564,420,000 U.S. dollars.
They have vandalized and looted at least 38,100 cultural treasures since their occupation of south Korea. They are valued at hundreds of billions of U.S. dollars.
They have smuggled drug worth 12 billion U.S. dollars into south Korea during their presence in south Korea, rendering the people mentally and physically deranged.
They have brutally violated many south Korean women and reduced them to sexual slaves, producing hundreds of thousands of foreigners' whores and mixed-bloods.
The sexual damage caused by the U.S. imperialist aggressor troops to south Korea amounts to more than a hundred billion U.S. dollars even when it is calculated according to the standard of compensation to be made for the sexual slavery for the Imperial Japanese Army.
The above-said estimates are based on a scientific review of various data quoted by statistical yearbooks officially released by the south Korean authorities, publications printed in south Korea and abroad, testimonies of individuals, information available from political, financial, academic, press and various other circles of south Korea and reports of the U.S., Japanese and other foreign media.
The damage was surveyed according to the international usage and in conformity with the specific conditions of south Korea.
The amount of damage was estimated according to the formula commonly used worldwide.
The total amount of human and material damage the U.S. imperialists have inflicted upon the south Korean people for nearly 60 years since their occupation of south Korea runs into 43,139,020,630,000 U.S. dollars.

Oh my, truly one the funniest things I've read in some time. :D

Fark

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - A Black Falcon - 1st December 2003

North Korea lives in its own little world...

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Dark Jaguar - 1st December 2003

Um, abf.... Fark = Onion

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - The Former DMiller - 1st December 2003

I thought that was real too until I saw where it came from. Pretty funny.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Weltall - 1st December 2003

What's funny about that is how likely it is that North Korea could make such a demand... :D

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - A Black Falcon - 1st December 2003

Fark isn't a humor site like The Onion, it's a site that just links stories from other sites. So it's stupid to use it as your source, use the article that they *linked*... honestly, do any of you actually go to Fark? If you did much you'd know what kind of site it is...

The question is now if you trust that the site is legit. It sure looks it to me. I mean, that sounds EXACTLY like something that the North Koreans would write.

If you click the first link you'll get the main page... go to the "news". It's all press releases from the North Korean propaganda ministry... truly hilarious... :D

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm
http://www.kcna.co.jp/item/2003/200312/news12/01.htm#16

I guess we better start gathering that $43 quadrillion to pay the poor supressed people in that American slave colony of South Korea, then, right?

As I said, North Korean propaganda is in its own little world straight out of 1984...

*edit*

Hey, look what I found in the Fark responses thread for this article! Good read. Click.

http://1stopkorea.com/?nk-trip1.htm~mainframe

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Dark Jaguar - 1st December 2003

I went there for a few seconds and read the headlines. Seemed too funny to actually be news stories. I have a hard time believing anyone would seriously write a news story about how some sports team sucks. If that sort of thing is real, it's certainly not an "unbiased" news source I'll say. If it's not fake, then The Onion deserves some credit for managing to perfectly capture what's wrong with the news media today.

I'll link this again. It's a fairly long read, but worth it...

http://1stopkorea.com/?nk-trip1.htm~mainframe

And again, DJ. Fark doesn't write ANYTHING! It just LINKS from other sites. It also has an icon in front of the link saying what category it's in, and a link to the original article. Fark has a mix of serious and humorous stuff in it. This article is from what appears to be a English version of a Korean website that posts North Korean press releases... there is no reason for me not to believe that it is completely serious. Just go to the link I have in the last post and see the website for yourself...

And as for sports teams, maybe you don't get it at all, but believe me: LOTS pf people write and read and believe competely serious stories about how bad sports teams are... it's kind of hard to believe that you don't know that...

I always turn the channel when sports stuff comes on, every single time. It holds no interest to me, so how could I know that news completely tosses out any sense of unbiased reporting when it comes to something that's barely news worthy? So um, do they go around reffering to other teams as "evil"? I'd have to systematically fire bomb every stadium on the face of the planet if that were true...

Like I said, I only went there for a few seconds. I was telling you why I thought it was a joke news site, not why it MUST be joke news site.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - A Black Falcon - 2nd December 2003

You hate sports. I get it. I don't. I happen to *like* reading articles about how the Yankees are evil...

And as for sports reporting, it of course depends on your location -- generally it'll be biased towards your local teams.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Great Rumbler - 2nd December 2003

Yeah, Fark only posts links to other news sites, not make their news articles like The Onion. Anyway, North Korea is crazy.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - A Black Falcon - 2nd December 2003

Totally insane.

Quote:Meeting against Evil Laws Held in S. Korea

Pyongyang, December 1 (KCNA) -- A meeting was reportedly held in Youido, Seoul on Nov. 27 to "pass the death sentence on the law on combating terrorism and the law on rally and demonstration," with at least 70 civic organizations including the National People's Solidarity participating. The declaration read at the meeting denounced the scheme of the "government" to enact "a law on combating terrorism" designed to enhance the power of the "Intelligence Service" and retrogressively revise "the law on rally and demonstration."
This is an act to turn back the wheel of history and go back to the days of military dictatorship, it noted.
What must be quickly checked and controlled are the excessive power of the intelligence machine and violence of the police, it said, and added:
The "government" deserves sharp denunciation for its scheme to frame up evil laws in a bid to suppress people with power and strength, remaining deaf to the demand of the people.
Declaring the evil laws death, we people would fight to the bitter end for human rights and democracy, the declaration said.
Earlier, the organizations held an urgent forum on the theme "Revision of the law on rally and demonstration and crisis of democracy" to discuss a program of action to prevent the passage of the bill on its revision at the "national assembly".

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Great Rumbler - 2nd December 2003

Why can't WE have government-run media? :(

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Weltall - 2nd December 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Why can't WE have government-run media? :(

We do. It's called PBS. It's just that no one ever watches it.

PBS isn't propaganda. Anyway, PBS only has a couple of shows that are about politics... the Newshour, that newsmagazine show, maybe another one... but most of their stuff is children's programs, documentaries, science shows, etc...

They also have British sitcoms.

Red Dwarf!!

And Canadian ones -- Red Green... :)

As well, of course, to a whole lot of shows that are specific to your state's PBS network...

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Darunia - 2nd December 2003

Lol, North Korea, when will they ever learn! That'd be so funny if it were authentic; I almost wish that it were.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Great Rumbler - 3rd December 2003

Quote:That'd be so funny if it were authentic; I almost wish that it were.

Huh?

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - A Black Falcon - 3rd December 2003

He seems to not have bothered to read this thread.

North Korea urges U.S. to repay South Korea for damages caused by occupation - Great Rumbler - 3rd December 2003

Seems that way.