Tendo City
Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=1339)

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - EdenMaster - 27th November 2003

You didn't read that wrong. The Ye Olde Melee Tournaments were fun and a good time was had by all. However, now Soul Calibur II has taken the reigns of the best fighter on GameCube. As such, the tournament shall now consist of Soul Calibur II battles, instead of Melee.

On to the rules. All you must do is pick a character, the weapon you want to fight with (a description will do if you don't know the name, and if none is picked, you'll use that characters default weapon), and what skin you want to use (default skin will be used if nothing is picked). You can pick ony one of the 25 available characters. As for console-specific characters, since I own the GameCube version, you can fight with Link, but not Heihachi or Spawn. Don't worry if someone else has picked your favorite character, more than one person can be the same character.

When we have enough for a tournament, I'll hold a tree of one-on-one battles in the Battle Theater. One by one the fighters will be eliminated, until only one remains.

Oh, and all battles will bebest 2 out of 3, and be held in the Mansion Library.

CURRENT ENTRANTS

EdenMaster - Cervantes - Falchion
Dark Jaguar - Link - Great Fairy Sword
Great Rumbler - Nightmare - Soul Calibur
A Black Falcon - Cassandra - Omega Sword and Nemea Shield (Green Costume)
big buy - Link - Master Sword
Nick Burns - Mitsurugi - Damascus Sword
Sacred Jellybean - Sophitia - Omega Sword and Elk Shield

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Dark Jaguar - 27th November 2003

Okay then...

Hmm, I have two best characters....

Oh well, I won't actually be playing as them.

Link - Great Fairy Sword

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Great Rumbler - 27th November 2003

Curse you and your swift fingers, Dark Jaguar! I wanted Link!

Oh well, GreatRumbler - Nightmare - Nightmare's ultimate weapon [whatever it's called].

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - EdenMaster - 27th November 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Curse you and your swift fingers, Dark Jaguar! I wanted Link!

Oh well, GreatRumbler - Nightmare - Nightmare's ultimate weapon [whatever it's called].

...You can be Link too, you know. I suppoe I should have mentioned that in the rules...

If you DO still want Nightmare, did you mean his Soul Edge or Soul Calibur?

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Great Rumbler - 27th November 2003

I'll keep Nightmare.

Quote:did you mean his Soul Edge or Soul Calibur?

Soul Calibur.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - A Black Falcon - 27th November 2003

I've only played the demo... so Cassandra, preferably in the alternate green costume. :)

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - big guy - 1st December 2003

ummm...i only played the Xbox version...so...i'm gonna pick Link. aside from that i don't really care.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Nick Burns - 11th December 2003

Mitsurugi - Damascus Sword

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - EdenMaster - 11th December 2003

Come on guys! We need more than just six! Even just two more!

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Sacred Jellybean - 11th December 2003

Put me in as Sophie, assuming that she's in the game. If not, put me in as that skinny guy with the kinky mask and tight body jumpsuit and the Freddy Kreuger-esque knifes on his hands.

I have no idea what weapons either of them use, having never played this game before, so I'll leave that up to you. :)

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Dark Jaguar - 11th December 2003

They aren't ON his hands. They are held with handles and are apart from his hands, and they are more like Wolverine's claws anyway! Freddy sucks. If he ever went into my head, I'd activate the anti-virus program I have installed there. Information CAN be utterly destroyed.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - EdenMaster - 12th December 2003

Yep, Sophitias in the game (and she's pretty good, too). I'll give you Sophitia with her original weapon.

The other one you mentioned is Voldo, and he uses katars as his weapons.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - A Black Falcon - 12th December 2003

This has been successful. Rolleyes

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Great Rumbler - 12th December 2003

Why do we always hurt the ones we love?! Why, Banjo?! Banjo?! Banjooooo!

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - A Black Falcon - 12th December 2003

Because no one cares? I mean, more than seven people here have been here in the last few weeks...

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - EdenMaster - 12th December 2003

Pessimist :(

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Sacred Jellybean - 12th December 2003

Sophita is hot, too...

DJ: Freddy rocks! He could beat the crap out of you in your mind while you dream! He really proved himself the fighter in Freddy Vs. Jason. He was bitchslapping Jason all over the place! If it weren't for Jason's lame and uninmaginitive cheesy horror movies serial killer superpower of mundane immortality, he would have won! Jason's boring, anyway. At least Freddy comes up with interesting ways to kill his victims! He's a lot scarier than Jason! Jason's a lurching fatass that any idiot could easily outrun! Then, you just put the fucker in a cage and lower him into the ocean, where he'll sink to the ground and live in misery for all eternity! Yes! That's what anyone could do and easily beat him. Freddy's better!

He is! Eek

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Dark Jaguar - 12th December 2003

Um, wow... I'll say this. Those movies were always hilarious. I love a good comedy of errors.

Besides, Freddy is easy to beat. Don't fear him, remember? Since he's SO weak as to be rendered a weakling just by not being afraid, he's nothing to be afraid of. He's never killed a single Vulcan, not one, because of that. Just ask them. Besides, Mewtwo killed him the other day.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - A Black Falcon - 13th December 2003

Voldo is weird.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Dark Jaguar - 13th December 2003

That's one way to describe him. Another way is to describe him is surprisingly brave in the face of his own broken slave mind.

He has annoying moves, too... slithering around and spinning and stuff...

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Dark Jaguar - 13th December 2003

Plus with his being blind and all, attacking from behind is as dangerous as attacking him from the front.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Great Rumbler - 13th December 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Because no one cares? I mean, more than seven people here have been here in the last few weeks...

Erm

Well there have been!

For one OB1 hasn't entered.

Ye Olde Soul Calibur II Tournament - Great Rumbler - 13th December 2003

No.