Tendo City
Something for Weltall: - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Something for Weltall: (/showthread.php?tid=1267)

Pages: 1 2

Something for Weltall: - Undertow - 3rd November 2003

Ann Coulter action figure!

http://www.thbookservice.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=c6230

Something for Weltall: - A Black Falcon - 3rd November 2003

People like Ann Coulter... I just don't get it. Sickening.

Something for Weltall: - Great Rumbler - 3rd November 2003

Yeah, Weltall would want one of those. :D

Something for Weltall: - OB1 - 3rd November 2003

Hahaha, I shudder at the thought of how he'd play with it.

Something for Weltall: - Great Rumbler - 3rd November 2003

Yipes

Something for Weltall: - Weltall - 3rd November 2003

I am so fucking buying this...

...what's your mailing address, ABF? :D

Something for Weltall: - A Black Falcon - 3rd November 2003

Sorry, but I don't want one... :)

Something for Weltall: - Dark Jaguar - 3rd November 2003

Yeesh, some of those quotes offended ME.

Something for Weltall: - A Black Falcon - 4th November 2003

Those people I mentioned (Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, et al)... awful human beings. They make a living by being incredibly offensive and shocking... its despicable. How they, or anyone else, can believe hate speech as extreme as that... I just don't get it.

Something for Weltall: - Undertow - 4th November 2003

Her views are inconsequential to you unless you listen to them, or go out of your way to hear them.

I just wish her doll came with Karate Chop action, glowing eyes, or at least ultra conservative Jesus powers©.

Something for Weltall: - OB1 - 4th November 2003

Which quotes in particular, DJ?

Something for Weltall: - Great Rumbler - 4th November 2003

I found what I want!!

[Image: c6231_full.jpg]

“We have done so much in the last two years, and it doesn’t happen by standing around with your finger in your ear hoping everyone thinks that that’s nice.”

:D

Something for Weltall: - Weltall - 4th November 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Those people I mentioned (Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, et al)... awful human beings. They make a living by being incredibly offensive and shocking... its despicable. How they, or anyone else, can believe hate speech as extreme as that... I just don't get it.

This from the same group of people who openly support the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Palestinian Terrorists, and baby murderers (listing those two in sequence is pretty redundant, but whatever), the same people who openly make racist statements about black people who aren't liberal (Clarence Thomas, anyone?), whose presidential candidates are platforming on a personal war against Bush and who in colleges preach hate speech about our own nation?

Spare me your indulgence, please. The wackos of the left are at the very least as hateful as anyone on the right.

Quote: Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan, Palestinian Terrorists, and baby murderers (listing those two in sequence is pretty redundant, but whatever), the same people who openly make racist statements about black people who aren't liberal (Clarence Thomas, anyone?), whose presidential candidates are platforming on a personal war against Bush and who in colleges preach hate speech about our own nation?

That's all either completely false or so twisted that trying to set it straight is pointless...

Well, except for the fact that we definitely hate Bush, a lot, and REALLY want to beat him... and the candidates know that, so they're doing exactly what they should to be elected. :)

Al Sharpton? Most Democrats most certainly do not see him as a viable presidential candidate... he's made too many questionable positions to be one. Jesse Jackson? What has he done that's so horrible, except for standing up against discrimination... oh, sure, some things he's done I've disagreed with, but there is nothing wrong with wanting equality. Taking it a bit too far like they do sometimes can be a problem, but nowhere near as big a one as discrimination...

Democrats don't support terrorists. That much is obvious to anyone sane.

Abortion is a important right our country has and defending it against radical hate-mongering is an important thing that Democrats have to do... I also think that there should be much harsher punishments for violent anti-abortion groups. They really are terrorists, of course...

As for preaching hate speech against ourselves, that's just nuts too. Its called trying to look at our country in a "fair and balanced (:D) way... most Republicans have proven completely incapable of that, so someone's got to do it. Saying ways that this great nation could be doing better isn't 'hating the USA'... and neither is disliking policies we hate.

Why is it that when its a Democrat who's doing things Republicans hate its fine to detest him and hate him and hate all of his policies and vocally say so but when its the other way around we are anti-American hatemongering terrorist-helpers? Morons...

Something for Weltall: - Dark Jaguar - 4th November 2003

Just to let you know, I perfectly agree that those who bomb buildings and such in the name of anti-abortion are just evil terrorists. Just because one has an ideal, no matter how noble, doesn't mean they can go around killing people, and innocent people at that. Yes, that IS terrorism ABF, I agree. Don't judge the ideal of eliminating giving people the choice to murder someone who's an inconvinience by the actions of people who murder for no good reason.

Quote:Just because one has an ideal, no matter how noble, doesn't mean they can go around killing people, and innocent people at that. Yes, that IS terrorism ABF, I agree. Don't judge the ideal of eliminating giving people the choice to murder someone who's an inconvinience by the actions of people who murder for no good reason.

I completely agree with that.

As do I!

yeah.

WHAT?! OB1 and DJ actually agree on something?! Sweet merciful karp!!

Quote:Just to let you know, I perfectly agree that those who bomb buildings and such in the name of anti-abortion are just evil terrorists. Just because one has an ideal, no matter how noble, doesn't mean they can go around killing people, and innocent people at that. Yes, that IS terrorism ABF, I agree. Don't judge the ideal of eliminating giving people the choice to murder someone who's an inconvinience by the actions of people who murder for no good reason.

Umm... That last sentence confuses me... could you explain it? :)

That's all either completely false or so twisted that trying to set it straight is pointless...

Well, except for the fact that we definitely hate Bush, a lot, and REALLY want to beat him... and the candidates know that, so they're doing exactly what they should to be elected. :)

Al Sharpton? Most Democrats most certainly do not see him as a viable presidential candidate... he's made too many questionable positions to be one. Jesse Jackson? What has he done that's so horrible, except for standing up against discrimination... oh, sure, some things he's done I've disagreed with, but there is nothing wrong with wanting equality. Taking it a bit too far like they do sometimes can be a problem, but nowhere near as big a one as discrimination...

Democrats don't support terrorists. That much is obvious to anyone sane.

Abortion is a important right our country has and defending it against radical hate-mongering is an important thing that Democrats have to do... I also think that there should be much harsher punishments for violent anti-abortion groups. They really are terrorists, of course...

As for preaching hate speech against ourselves, that's just nuts too. Its called trying to look at our country in a "fair and balanced (:D) way... most Republicans have proven completely incapable of that, so someone's got to do it. Saying ways that this great nation could be doing better isn't 'hating the USA'... and neither is disliking policies we hate.

Why is it that when its a Democrat who's doing things Republicans hate its fine to detest him and hate him and hate all of his policies and vocally say so but when its the other way around we are anti-American hatemongering terrorist-helpers? Morons...

You are so utterly deluded I almost want to laugh :)

People like you getting real political power... very, very scary idea. Bush is awful, but even he's not on the level of viscious attack dogs like Coulter...

And Weltall, left-wing people just don't do the kind of stuff right-wingers do. Do you see people on the left declaring that all conservatives are evil people who are anti-American or some lunacy like that? No, that kind of extremism, thankfully, seems mostly restricted to the far right...

Umm... That last sentence confuses me... could you explain it? :)

Yeah, it was a horribly worded sentence. It basically meant "Don't judge an entire ideal by a few crazies. Give life a chance!"

Quote:And Weltall, left-wing people just don't do the kind of stuff right-wingers do. Do you see people on the left declaring that all conservatives are evil people who are anti-American or some lunacy like that?

People like you getting real political power... very, very scary idea. Bush is awful, but even he's not on the level of viscious attack dogs like Coulter...

And Weltall, left-wing people just don't do the kind of stuff right-wingers do. Do you see people on the left declaring that all conservatives are evil people who are anti-American or some lunacy like that? No, that kind of extremism, thankfully, seems mostly restricted to the far right...

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/935756/posts
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/org/phoenix/1997/1997-04-25/black-racism-shows-liber.html
http://www.freecongress.org/commentaries/2002/021213dj.asp

To say nothing of your party having a KKK congressman.

:love:

Yeah, I kinda screwed that up... completely... I ended up rewording it about 3 times because I wanted the irony to really sink in, but eventually just gave up and left it after the 3rd time.

Well, KARP is now common place (because after all, magikarp is worth exactly that pile you stepped in). Now then, all of you start saying BOOYAKA!

FINE!

Well then thanks for explaining what you meant, DJ! Rolleyes

Weltall... racism against anyone not Hawaiian in Hawaii? Yeah, I know about that and of course its bad... all racism is... and yes, black people too are often racist against whites. Of course that's also a problem... its just not a problem with nearly as many far-reaching effects as the racism of whites against blacks is.

And while these days there is certainly less racism towards non-whites than there ever has been before... trying to deny that there is a long and brutal history of it, and that some of it still exists today (against blacks, Native Americans, Hawaiians, etc...) is utter insanity. In Hawaii... we came in, took over, overthrew the government... and why? Because we wanted to exploit the islands for their strategic location and resources, of course! Business and coal-fueling stations... what better reasons are there to take over a country...

So yes they have something to complain about. Now is racism, today, acceptable? Of course not. Its not okay to transliterate old problems to today... that is, unless there is actually still someone accountable for it around... which now mostly isn't the case.

And as I said... whites have almost all the power so their racism has far greater impact on the other group than the minorities' does... that hardly makes it okay, but it does make it a bigger issue.

When we have true equality and the minorities don't have legitimate issues to complain about it'll be a bigger issue. But now? They most certainly do. Blacks definitely have all kinds of disadvantages when compared to whites... denying that is denying the facts...

As for compensation for slavery... I don't know. If there were people who had been slaves still alive, obviously yes. But now, so much later? I really don't know...

Though, of course, you can make a good arguement that until the 1950s there was something pretty close to slavery existing in the south.

Something for Weltall: - Fittisize - 4th November 2003

Quote:Abortion is a important right our country has and defending it against radical hate-mongering is an important thing that Democrats have to do... I also think that there should be much harsher punishments for violent anti-abortion groups. They really are terrorists, of course...

Yes...they're terrorists for sure...but as for the right to abortion? I dunno...women have the right to do whatever to their bodies and all but as far as abortion goes...well only if the woman does it herself then I'll agree. :)

Quote:"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like Liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."
I'm a liberal...I don't hate America (per se...), I dunno, I semi-agree with abortion, I'm a Catholic and I don't hate any religions.
Good God is Anne Coulter stupid....and a racist. Taking shots at the Islams....

As for that religions rant...godamn why have Conservatives taken God to be on their side?? Jesus Christ, I'm sure he'd take the side that DISCRIMINATES and tries to make everything less equal.

ABF, saying "whites have all the power" suggests that there are a bunch of white people who are actually organized in a group based on that controlling things. That's the only way that could be viewed as a correct statement.

Also, GR explained what I meant so I didn't think I had to repeat it.

Hardly. What that suggests is that white people dominate in the positions of power, and in the upper levels of pay and society... and that is a fact.

Now, is part of the blame on blacks as well? I'd say yes... Hip-hop/rap culture seems to perpetuate some of the issues that have plagued American black society for a long time, for the greater ill of their society now and in the future. They should be acting to help better their group, not just make glorious their problems... but still, since whites do have most of the power they should be doing more.

Ah... so that's what you meant. I thought it might be that, but really couldn't tell... and as I'm sure you know there are all kinds of reasons other than the existence of the violent radicals that abortion is an important right that needs to be protected. But we've had several huge, pointless arguements about that, including one not too long ago... I REALLY don't want to go through that again.

Maybe I could just like link that thread, and we could post all those old posts again... it'd get just as far...

Something for Weltall: - Fittisize - 4th November 2003

Those Stupid White Men.

Hardly. What that suggests is that white people dominate in the positions of power, and in the upper levels of pay and society... and that is a fact.

Now, is part of the blame on blacks as well? I'd say yes... Hip-hop/rap culture seems to perpetuate some of the issues that have plagued American black society for a long time, for the greater ill of their society now and in the future. They should be acting to help better their group, not just make glorious their problems... but still, since whites do have most of the power they should be doing more.

Ah... so that's what you meant. I thought it might be that, but really couldn't tell... and as I'm sure you know there are all kinds of reasons other than the existence of the violent radicals that abortion is an important right that needs to be protected. But we've had several huge, pointless arguements about that, including one not too long ago... I REALLY don't want to go through that again.

Maybe I could just like link that thread, and we could post all those old posts again... it'd get just as far...

It's partially due to black hiphop culture being so backwards and twisted that I feel I don't owe them anything. It's also that while people that share my skin color have oppressed them in the past, that doesn't mean I owe them anything in return for it. To blame the entire white race for the oppression of blacks is not only stupid, but it's a racist generalization, as you'll probably note that a great deal of immigrants, my own family included, came to this country long after slavery was abolished. It is simply moronic to lay it on the conscience of every white person, or to do as the 'black leaders' do and simply blame whites for everything bad, when there are many groups of white people in America that faced discrimination and segregation that was just as bad as African American post-slavery blues were. It was a pity but I feel no shame about any of it, it's ancient history and frankly we all need to get the fuck over it and move on, because being trapped in the past hasn't done shit for us in relation to race.

That said, I am against equality for everyone because not everyone is equal and not everyone deserves to be. Some people are naturally superior to others, and thus deserve natural favoritism. Note that before you start calling me a nazi or whichever colorful anti-conservative invective you choose to employ, I do not believe skin color has anything to do with that.

Quote:That said, I am against equality for everyone because not everyone is equal and not everyone deserves to be. Some people are naturally superior to others, and thus deserve natural favoritism. Note that before you start calling me a nazi or whichever colorful anti-conservative invective you choose to employ, I do not believe skin color has anything to do with that.

It's very telling that you had to say that you're not a nazi before anyone had a chance to respond to your comments.

So please tell us, Weltall, who are the people that you believe are superior to all others?

Weltall... its kind of hard for them to forgive and forget when so many people are hypocritically saying "racism is gone" while (subconciously or no) helping to continue that racism... you say that they should forgive and forget but we shouldn't have to change anything we do! That is crazy, because plenty of thing white people do negatively affect blacks... now is it wrong for black leaders to blame many (they don't blame it all, but they do blame more than is probably true) their ills on whites ? Yes, that is. White people aren't to blame for everything that is wrong. However, on many specific issues they have good points... and its positions like yours that help continue those problems and make them if not worse no better.

Affirmative action, for example? Without it attempts to help improve the education of those minorities would be set back many, many years...

"its a shame and let's move on" just isn't appropriate when so many of their complaints are quite valid.

And yes... what, exactly, are these groups that are naturally superior to others?

Something for Weltall: - Dark Jaguar - 5th November 2003

I was with you Weltall in total agreement until that natural superiority thing... Could you elaborate on that? Do you mean some people are ACTUALLY born superior to others, or are you talking moral superiority here? The word "naturally" kinda leads me to the former interpretation, but maybe it was a mistaken interpretation...

Something for Weltall: - Weltall - 5th November 2003

I mean that some people are smarter than others. Some people are faster than others. Some people are better mathematicians, engineers, scholars, writers, than others. Some people are born with greater athletic ability than others. It's called natural aptitude. No single group of people has this, it's completely individual. And while natural aptitude exists, there will always be inequality. Is it fair? Of course not, but the only thing anyone can do about it is to try to overcome their lacking by working extra hard, and the truth is that some people will have to work harder than others to achieve equality in any field.

Is it fair? No.

But as mom always told us, life isn't fair, so either cry about it or do your best to overcome it.

Something for Weltall: - A Black Falcon - 5th November 2003

Well sure some people are naturally smarter, or faster, or whatever... but really, that supports my side more than yours. See, lots of people in disadvantaged groups who have that natural ability to become something much better than they are can't because of their situation and only have a chance if we give them the help they need...

Something for Weltall: - OB1 - 5th November 2003

So then I suppose you believe that people with downs syndrome are less equal then you and I because they're not as smart or fast as us. They're lesser humans, in other words, and therefor deserve less in life.

That's rich, Weltall.

Actually I'd expect Weltall to think something moronic like that... it'd be just like him.

Ah, that's cleared up then. You don't ACTUALLY think people with greater natural abilities are superior, EXCEPT in that particular area where they have the natural aptitude. Now that's of course true. The only problem is creating some caste system where people are born into a certain job and society says "you're not good at anything else naturally so just do this". The OPPOSITE end is giving people who have a harder time all manner of help, possibly to the point where they didn't even have to do any work to "succeed". Neither one is good, but rather, BAD.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
So then I suppose you believe that people with downs syndrome are less equal then you and I because they're not as smart or fast as us. They're lesser humans, in other words, and therefor deserve less in life.

That's rich, Weltall.

Dur. Okay, obviously you're not getting it. Down's Syndrome sufferers, and all other such maladies are unavoidable, and make those who suffer from them completely unable to perform on the level of normal people. It's not their fault, and they deserve every bit of help they can get. However, they do not have equal opportunity to achieve things, and they never can. It's not fair but there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

I was referring to the idea that the class Valedictorian, who usually is someone who is smart and hard-working, and the class dummy, who ususally is not very smart and/or a slacker, are not equal. They deserve equal opportunities to achieve whatever goal they pursue, but the valedictorian is obviously mroe likely to achieve greater things because that person is mentally superior to the lazy moron. However, that lazy moron has the opportunity to bust his ass, turn himself around and equal or best the valedictorian. He will, however, have to work several times as hard as the valedictorian to achieve the same result. And that is how it should be. That's what builds character and makes a person strong.

Now, have I made my meaning clear, or are you going to just go with the invective again and either force me to make an even simpler explanation or just ignore you and shake my head?

Quote:The OPPOSITE end is giving people who have a harder time all manner of help, possibly to the point where they didn't even have to do any work to "succeed".

This is EXACTLY what affirmative action does, and why I hate it so much. It makes a 'success' pretty much effortlessly, and while this does help deserving people, it also improperly elevates people who do not have the aptitude or motivation to deserve the success they have been given. That sort of success is a given success, not an earned success, and all it does is weaken the people it is supposed to help, all the while causing resentment among everyone else. It's this nearsighted ignorance of long-term damage that is the evil of AA.

That just isn't true at all! So everyone who grows up in a disadvantaged situation and realizes that because of how they grew up they can't be what they wanted to be is a lazy bum with no motivation? That is just lunacy... look, its a proven fact that blacks, and especially lower-income blacks, do worse on standardized tests than white people. Why? No one's really sure, but their economic position, and the racism that still exists in this nation today under the surface, probably is a big part of it. Is it a poor person's fault that because they cannot afford a SAT tutor or class, they won't do as well on the test and colleges will say they aren't as smart as they actually are? Of course not! That idea is insane, yet its what anti-AA people say... it helps disadvantaged people who otherwise most probably wouldn't ever be able to get in no matter how hard they tried. I just don't see how you can say that that isn't true... but you have bizarre ideas about why people are poor (its NOT their fault! Not in 99% of cases, anyway... there's always that one person who goes from rags to riches, but that's so rare that the main thing it does is help keep the poor down and keeps them from realizing how bad their situation actually is (see: lotteries)...

That just isn't true at all! So everyone who grows up in a disadvantaged situation and realizes that because of how they grew up they can't be what they wanted to be is a lazy bum with no motivation? That is just lunacy... look, its a proven fact that blacks, and especially lower-income blacks, do worse on standardized tests than white people. Why? No one's really sure, but their economic position, and the racism that still exists in this nation today under the surface, probably is a big part of it. Is it a poor person's fault that because they cannot afford a SAT tutor or class, they won't do as well on the test and colleges will say they aren't as smart as they actually are? Of course not! That idea is insane, yet its what anti-AA people say... it helps disadvantaged people who otherwise most probably wouldn't ever be able to get in no matter how hard they tried. I just don't see how you can say that that isn't true... but you have bizarre ideas about why people are poor (its NOT their fault! Not in 99% of cases, anyway... there's always that one person who goes from rags to riches, but that's so rare that the main thing it does is help keep the poor down and keeps them from realizing how bad their situation actually is (see: lotteries)...

The poor and the disadvantaged must strive harder. It's not fair, but that's life.

Of course, if someone even poor or disadvantaged really wanted to make an effort to climb above, they would do so. Need a class or tutor for the SAT? Get a part-time job and save your money. They aren't incredibly expensive.

The problem is, people like you see that these people are poor and instead of doing anything at all to help them better themselves, you give them successes.

As I always do in this case, I point out Asian-Americans, who have, just as blacks, been victims of discrimination and were a slave race in America in all but name. Yet, this minority prospers incredibly, without help. Those people overcame their disadvantages and setbacks, and as a whole are successful. Why is it that Asians succeed where blacks fail? Racism? No, as I said, Asians got that just as bad. Slavery? Again, they were virtual slaves in the western expansion boom. The reason they are succesful is they were given nothing, and had to work and sweat for what they now have. Asians probably aren't smarter as a race than any other, yet they consistently top all other races in grades and test scores. Why is this?

WORK ETHIC.

Meanwhile, forty years of Affirmative Action has solved absolutely jack shit. Blacks, for the most part, are still poor and underachieve. This is obviously due to the destructive effects of endless handouts. Yet, white racism is still blamed.

The only thing white people can be blamed for in that aspect is the perpetration of handout successes. And as long as it continues, black people will never become more than they are now, and if the last ten years is any indication, their culture will continue it's sad regression.

And it's mainly the fault of those silly, misguided good intentions that pave the road to hell.

Of course, it might not be a stretch to say that this is actually a planned thing by liberals; blacks are one of their most solid power bases, and what better way to keep them in the fold then by keeping them disadvantaged and supplying them with an easy source of blame? After all, if blacks were wealthy and successful, they'd have no need for the Democratic party.

Paranoid? I wonder.

The handicapped never will be able to compete equally eh? Not according to the latest scientific breakthroughs! Years from now, if one's OWN brain isn't sufficient, they can get it upgraded! Oh don't give me this "they aren't doing it on their own" thing. They didn't EARN that brain, it was a gift! I can compete on equal grounds thanks to my glasses which I consider a detacheble body part thank you.

Look, most everyone is disabled in some way. Does that mean that in some ways they are limited? Yes. But does that limit what they can accomplish in their life? Not really. Everyone has some strength and will try for it if properly motivated... you seem to be implying that because they are impaired in some way they are inferior and not worthy of your help. You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Oh yeah, and often they can't just help themselves as its part of the disability... you need assistance and prodding to do that. Your bizarre idea that anyone who doesn't do everything possible beyond reasonable expectations is a lazy bum is one of the craziest I can think of.

Oh yeah, and Asian-Americans prosper because 1) there aren't that many of them, unlike the less advantaged groups 2) the ones here came here for the express purpose of advancing themselves -- the less motivated ones aren't here in nearly as large numbers. Blacks of course have a totally different experience... and as for Hispanics, they just are coming in such huge numbers that its a wide cross-section of their various societies. Also, many Asian societies have a very long history of having a good work ethic... and we really only get the most motivated ones to immigrate here. You simply cannot with any sanity expect blacks or hispanics, with their vastly different heritages, to be like that... and of course also Asian-Americans are mostly middle to upper class while most blacks and Hispanics are poor. That is quite possibly the most important factor, actually... poverty. You understate its impact so greatly... as I said its extremely hard for most people to actually get out of poverty. Hard work just isn't enough for most all people... they often work two, three jobs and its not enough. You simply cannot always better yourself by yourself! When you have to work all the time just to feed your family doing much of anything about making more money is so hard that for most its just not possible... unless you're either really smart or a good athlete and get a full scholarship. Otherwise... you're stuck. And that is exactly where you abandon them with idiotic calls that they are slackers...

Two things about what you said there ABF.

Number one, you suggest that just because one is part of those two groups, they inherit bad work ethic! That's not right!

Number two, you suggest that having poor work ethic is some kind of disability that must therefor be cause to help that person out. I couldn't disagree more. IF someone has poor work ethic, that's certainly a disability of SORTS, but it's their OWN fault. They just need to totally change the way they live their life.

One... yeah, I thought of that while I was writing it. That's why I said that poverty is the most important factor... maybe I should have gone back and edited it too, but I'm too lazy. :)

Two... poor work ethic a disability? Well, sorta... more or less so depending on situation. In most it is indeed self-inflicted... but did you miss how I said that in the poor classes Weltall is discussing in many cases work ethic is irrelevant as either way you won't be going anywhere? In that kind of helpless situation its very easy to see how people give up, and I can't blame them too much...

Something for Weltall: - Weltall - 6th November 2003

One... yeah, I thought of that while I was writing it. That's why I said that poverty is the most important factor... maybe I should have gone back and edited it too, but I'm too lazy. :)

Two... poor work ethic a disability? Well, sorta... more or less so depending on situation. In most it is indeed self-inflicted... but did you miss how I said that in the poor classes Weltall is discussing in many cases work ethic is irrelevant as either way you won't be going anywhere? In that kind of helpless situation its very easy to see how people give up, and I can't blame them too much...

And therein lies the root of the problem, you tell these people that there's no point in even trying, and then you give them handouts. Whatever incentive might have been there before is erased. Why should a poor person try to better themselves through hard work and study when the liberals will give them enough to scratch out a meager existence?

If anything, being destitute should be the GREATEST inspiration to achieve. And it's not nearly as impossible as you make it out to be. It's your system of giving people endless handouts that destroys any will to achieve. I mean, why work when you can get it for nothing? Why go to school for four years and get a degree when I can have three babies and get enough from the government to buy a few extra cases of beer?

No, not everyone will be rich if they bust their ass. But, anyone can raise their standard of living with effort. But again, it's people like you that kill whatever drive there might be.

And you call us racist.

Something for Weltall: - A Black Falcon - 6th November 2003

Oh yeah, the idea that poor people who want to can and will improve themselves will and all the others are bums has held SO true and worked SO well over the many thousands of years of human civilization...

Oh wait, its pretty much the opposite...

All you are trying to do is justify the ancient idea that the rich should prosper while the poor suffer. That idea just isn't okay anymore!

Something for Weltall: - Weltall - 6th November 2003

Oh yeah, the idea that poor people who want to can and will improve themselves will and all the others are bums has held SO true and worked SO well over the many thousands of years of human civilization...

Oh wait, its pretty much the opposite...

All you are trying to do is justify the ancient idea that the rich should prosper while the poor suffer. That idea just isn't okay anymore!

For thousands of years it hasn't been that way. Obviously, we now live in a world that is extremely different from the prior 99% of human civilization. Using that excuse is extraordinarily pathetic, even for yourself. In today's society, at least in America, it's exponentially easier than ever before to raise your station in life.

But you obviously don't see that, and explaining just how and why that works is wasting valuable movements of my fingers.

All YOU are doing is making excuses for the crashing liberal social failures. You liberals have sapped so many people of a work ethic, thus dooming them to a pitiful existence, and now you're trying to justify yourself like a petulant little child who broke something and is being yelled at for it, and in an era of prosperity and opportunity absolutely unrivaled in human history, that is inexcusable.

Something for Weltall: - Dark Jaguar - 6th November 2003

Yeah, it really is a pitiful existance to go day in day out for the rest of one's life to a job they hate without feeling any real satisfaction except maybe the small joy in "the big game" or "that new movie everyone says is pretty good".