Tendo City
That cold white fluffy stuff - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: That cold white fluffy stuff (/showthread.php?tid=1255)

That cold white fluffy stuff - Laser Link - 30th October 2003

Has it snowed where you live yet? Colorado has this wierd thing where every year it snows a little before Halloween, and then is dry until February. The mountains get a lot of snow before then, but down lower it is pretty dry for the rest of the year. And yes, it did already snow here a couple days ago (how about you OB1?). Discuss. Or don't.

That cold white fluffy stuff - Great Rumbler - 30th October 2003

We usually don't get snow here in southern Oklahoma till about early January. So, to answer the question, no it hasn't snowed here yet.

That cold white fluffy stuff - OB1 - 30th October 2003

Yeah it's sort of snowing now. Sort of. It's just really freezing drizzle, so everything gets covered with ice.

In was 75 degrees yesterday and now it's in the late 20's or 30's. Colorado is so weird. But this time it's a good thing, since it might help stop some of the fires in Colorado.

That cold white fluffy stuff - Fittisize - 30th October 2003

It snowed for a couple of days here near the beginning of Semptember...and that was pretty bad but it long melted and only three days ago it was 18 celsius out! However the next day it snowed, and hasn't stopped since so we got a crapload of snow and it's about -16 celsius (daily low).

That cold white fluffy stuff - Dark Jaguar - 30th October 2003

It almost never snows before Halloween around here. Generally the first snow is in November, though it varies VERY widely as I've said before. It could snow RIGHT NOW (actually, yesterday's weather would have made it snow had there been any clouds, but today is actually hot so no chance today). Also, sometimes we only have ONE small snow, and other years we have constant snow.

That cold white fluffy stuff - Weltall - 30th October 2003

Absolutely not. We just had our first frost this week. Snow is several months away.

That cold white fluffy stuff - The Former DMiller - 30th October 2003

Surprisingly it was 75 degrees today and is supposed to be 70 tomorrow. Although the way Chicago weather goes it will probably be 30 degrees over the weekend.

That cold white fluffy stuff - Dark Jaguar - 30th October 2003

Odd, so you need to gradually slope INTO a snowy state Weltall? No chance of snow even if you had freezing tempuratures to make frost? Hmm, certainly different, but I've come to expect that. Snow comes whenever it wants to. As I've said, in the past week the tempurature dropped to freezing, then next day it shot up to extremely hot. Certainly not a fun way to come home when the heater was on... It could easily dive back down into freezing again and snow at any time.

Here's something to know. Global warming causes global freezing.

That cold white fluffy stuff - alien space marine - 30th October 2003

Global warming tosses the climates out of whack ,The thing I hate about snow besides shoveling is the fact I have to stay inside like a little beaver for months without being abled to go on a decent walk.

But the + is snowman and snowball =Snow boarding and winter sports.

That cold white fluffy stuff - -_____- - 30th October 2003

snow? *looks out window* Oh wait, I'm in south florida! We have two seasons. Summer part 1 and Summer part 2, seperated by about 3 days where the temps get near 50 during the day!!!!!! Eek *gets ready for the onslaught of the cold*

That cold white fluffy stuff - A Black Falcon - 30th October 2003

Yeah, global warming means both hotter summers and colder winters -- it really means more extreme weather, not just warm.

Snow yet? No. We almost never have snow in October... I heard a few weeks ago that much of far Northern Maine got snow, but here on the coast we haven't gotten anything. We usually don't until at least mid to late November... then it melts in mid December and comes back after Christmas. Or at least it seems that way, too often... but in mid December for some reason it does often seem to melt. Then of course it snows again and we don't see the ground for months. :)

It was a surprisingly warm 50-something degrees today, but that won't last. It'll go back into the mid to low 40's soon again.

That cold white fluffy stuff - Fittisize - 30th October 2003

Most years the snow comes down about a week before Halloween and sticks around until about March...although one winter a couple years ago we had one snowfall in November then it all melted and we didn't have snow again until February. It was a pretty ugly site; brown fields and no leaves on the trees, with no snow and ass biting -20 degree weather. Most years we get the first snowfall sometime in September (before Fall) and it melts then it all comes down and sticks a month later. I would feel sorry for all the kids out trick-or-treating for Halloween, but screw it, I never complained whenever I went out. :p

That cold white fluffy stuff - A Black Falcon - 30th October 2003

I like snow. It is nice. I like winter. Cold weather is nice too. Its one of my favorite times of year... :)

That cold white fluffy stuff - Dark Lord Neo - 3rd November 2003

We get four seasons, Winter, Still Winter, Summer and Almost Winter.
It snowed here last Tuesday.
I had my road test last Tuesday when it was snowing really hard.

That cold white fluffy stuff - A Black Falcon - 3rd November 2003

Winter, Mud (for three weeks between winter and summer), Summer, Fall... the four seasons. :)

That cold white fluffy stuff - alien space marine - 4th November 2003

I got snow now!

That cold white fluffy stuff - Weltall - 4th November 2003

It's been in the 70's all week :)

That cold white fluffy stuff - A Black Falcon - 4th November 2003

Today it was in the low 30's and snowed in the northern 2/3rds of the state... nothing here yet, though.