Tendo City
Favourite Movie Trilogies - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Den of the Philociraptor (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Favourite Movie Trilogies (/showthread.php?tid=1249)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Favourite Movie Trilogies - alien space marine - 5th November 2003

Thankfully scripts change.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - OB1 - 5th November 2003

Sure, but certain details stay the same. Wanna know what happens at the end? :)

Favourite Movie Trilogies - alien space marine - 5th November 2003

You dont need to tell me , I think I already have a an idea.
If you do spoil it, I will spoil matrix 3.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Dark Jaguar - 5th November 2003

Uh oh, better put this under my big list o' "threads not to visit again".

Favourite Movie Trilogies - OB1 - 5th November 2003

I won't spoil anything if you don't want me to. And besides, it's not like you have to highlight spoiler tags.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Fittisize - 5th November 2003

Matrix Revelations started today....and I couldn't find a way to get to the big city of Edmonton to see it. Oh well, maybe I'll go on Friday.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Geno - 6th November 2003

I'm the only one who voted for Back to the Future. This isn't a sign that I have bad taste is it?

...nah. Everyone here likes BttF, I'm sure, but most people prefer the original Star Wars trilogy (before the new crap) and Lord of the Rings.

Thank God no one voted for Star Wars I-III. Sure, III isn't out yet, but the odds of it being good are worse than the odds of.............. perhaps........... the sky turning green and the clouds precipitating cheeseballs. Yeah, cheeseballs. :)

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Laser Link - 6th November 2003

Quote:Uh oh, better put this under my big list o' "threads not to visit again".

Is that because you are afraid of spoilers or just generally sick of the arguing? At least ABD and OB1 aren't going at each other this time.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - A Black Falcon - 6th November 2003

Its because DJ is paranoid of spoilers, for some reason...

And Geno, Star Wars 1-3 are still better than everything on that list except for Star Wars 4-6 and LotR. :)

Favourite Movie Trilogies - OB1 - 6th November 2003

Geez, why does everyone here assume that we're arguing whenever we use quotes? Why don't you people bother reading out posts?!

Yeah, its pretty strange... there isn't an arguement in this thread, really!

And anyway, if you want to call it one, me and OB1 are on the same side in this one. :)

Well, almost. I prefer both SW trilogies to LotR. I love those 'rings movies, but not quite as much as some other people here.

Both of those trilogies are great, but I would rate LotR above the Prequel Trilogy... I love both, certainly, but I think LOTR is a bit better.

And that is your opinion.

Yes. :)

But either way is okay. Its bashing the prequel series that I can't stand...

I know, it's gotten so old...

I mean yes we know how popular it is to bash the prequels, but nobody cares anymore! Yeesh.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Great Rumbler - 6th November 2003

I think LOTR might be just a bit better than the prequels, that may change with the last movies in the trilogies, however.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Fittisize - 6th November 2003

Yeah...well both of the two Matrix and Lord of the Rings have been better than the Star Wars prequels...and I think that Revelations and Return of the King will oust whatever the next Star Wars is. So it's a battle between Revelations and Return of the King, then! And Revelations is already out and RotK is coming out before the end of the year!! Damn it's a good time to watch movies...

I heard that Revolutions sucks.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Fittisize - 6th November 2003

I heard that Ep. III is gonna suck. From a very reliable source mind you.

Rolleyes

A movie that won't be finished until May 2005, right. I know a good deal about Episode III's plot and it looks like it could very well be as good as ESB. It'll certainly be much more emotional and darker than any of the other episodes, that I can assure you of.

I wasn't saying that about The Matrix to insult you, it's just that it's been getting some really bad reviews. I'm going to see it this friday and I'm hoping that I'll like it.

Yeah, all word says that Revolutions is underwhelming and not really a satisfactory conclusion to the series... too bad.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - alien space marine - 6th November 2003

What made the new matrix movies suck, Was agent smith.
He should have stayed dead , revolutions is better then reloaded but god it feels to close to dragon ball Z at the end.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Dark Jaguar - 6th November 2003

You mean Neo turns into Super Neo and he and the main villian stand floating over a dessimated city (that Neo partly caused) talking to each other for half an hour about how MUCH they are going to hurt the other person and how there's only 5 minutes left before the Matrix crashes or something and then they start fighting with way too much power and it keeps cutting out to cheesy jokes about talking frogs and "booyakas" from Morpheus?

Favourite Movie Trilogies - alien space marine - 7th November 2003

I hate mr smith, He also that prick elf in lord of the rings.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - OB1 - 7th November 2003

Haha, not really DJ. The big battle is actually really cool despite some rubbery CG.

I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty good, and I was satisfied with the ending. A lot is left unexplained but nothing that really destroys the movie. The ending is especially satisfying if you saw the 'Second Renaissance" Animatrix shorts.

As a stand-alone movie Revolutions isn't very good, but that's not what it is. It's really just the second half of Reloaded, and it's kind of difficult to get into it if Reloaded isn't fresh in your memory. It's just one five hour long movie that had a six month pause in the middle of it. So just imagine watching a movie in May and then taking a six month break right at the middle point and finishing it off in November.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Fittisize - 7th November 2003

I own The Animatrix on DVD.

Boo-ya.

I still haven't seen it yet, and I probably wont' be able to see it this weekend or anytime next week.

DAMN.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Dark Jaguar - 7th November 2003

That's stupid! YOU'RE stupid! :D

And WHAT are you talking about? Elrond is VERY cool! He's portrayed badly in the movies, but he's a LOT cooler in the books!

Uh uh, Hugo Weavin's character in LotR AND The Matrix is awesome. Wouldn't be the same without him.

Favourite Movie Trilogies - A Black Falcon - 7th November 2003

I liked how they did Elrond in the movies...

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Great Rumbler - 7th November 2003

I have to wait till Revolutions comes out on DVD to see it. *is only 16*

I thought you only need to be 16 to get into an 'R' movie...

Can't you go with someone older than you? Go visit DJ (she lives in the same state, right?) and see the flick together.

You have to be 17.

Quote:Can't you go with someone older than you?

My brother's going to see it on the IMax, but he's going with all his friends and they're going all the way to Dallas.

Why not see it with DJ? LL lives pretty far away from me but I went to see AotC in IMAX with him.

I told you this before, but, anyway, DJ lives in Tulsa and I live in extreme southern Oklahoma. That's about a 5 or 6 hour drive both ways.

That definitely is a bit farther than is logical to go. :)

Like I cared so much about where you two live that I remembered exactly how far away you are from each other. Rolleyes

I'm only 15, and I can pretty much go see any movie or rent any movie that I like...

Darn lax Canada... :)

Ha, well in movies, for the one time they asked me about my age (last year):

How old are you?
Do you have any ID?
No, none on me.
Ok.

And I went in and enjoyed the movie. It's not a big deal anyways, most everybody I know does it.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Like I cared so much about where you two live that I remembered exactly how far away you are from each other. Rolleyes

Well, we've both told you where we live so from that it shouldn't be too hard to figure out that we live a long ways [comparatively] away from each.

You both told me that you live in Oklahoma. Expect me to remember the details? Pfft.

But I remembered it...

That's because you have nothing better to think about. :shakeit:

I didn't expect you to remember, you forget details all the time...

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2003

Oooohh, zinged!!

Favourite Movie Trilogies - A Black Falcon - 8th November 2003

And its true, too! :)

Favourite Movie Trilogies - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2003

:D

Favourite Movie Trilogies - OB1 - 10th November 2003

Well sooo-rrrrry for not remembering stupid, boring details of your lives! Perhaps I should get a PDA to remember which stupid town you live in and what kind of stupid jelly bean you like the most!! BECAUSE IT'S SO FRIGGIN' IMPORTANT FOR ME TO REMEMBER THAT!!!!!!*

*that was sarcasm, in case you didn't notice