Tendo City
Who Are You? Ad - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Who Are You? Ad (/showthread.php?tid=1211)

Who Are You? Ad - The Former DMiller - 14th October 2003

You can check out a movie of the first Who Are You? ad here. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. It's the first Nintendo commercial that has made me laugh in quite a while without it being sarcastic "man that sucked" laughter.

Who Are You? Ad - Dark Jaguar - 14th October 2003

I didn't really find it all that funny... am I a nazi?

I did like the music though.

Who Are You? Ad - OB1 - 14th October 2003

Yes, you're a nazi.

Very funny commercial.

Who Are You? Ad - Sacred Jellybean - 14th October 2003

Quote:I didn't really find it all that funny... am I a nazi?

I did like the music though.

Who Are You? Ad - A Black Falcon - 14th October 2003

Is this the one you sent me, OB1? If so, its really funny...

Yeah that's the one I sent you.

I thought it was great.

Yeah DJ is crazy. :p

You say that about everyone who disagrees with you... :)

Haha, and it works so wonderfully.

Who Are You? Ad - EdenMaster - 14th October 2003

Best.

Nintendo ad.

Ever.

That was great! It was funny in so many different ways! Bravo, Nintendo!

Who Are You? Ad - Great Rumbler - 14th October 2003

That's an awesome commercial. Now I have to go to the theatre and see it there!

*watches again*

Hmm, the funniest part was the guy getting hit by the bus and just shrugging it off. But, it just wasn't all that amusing... Plus, that part at the end with everyone wearing those masks was just kinda... cheesy...

The ending was great! Really funny... the rest wasn't so much funny as it was cool, though. Definitely the best Nintendo ad I've ever seen...

I don't know, the Metroid Prime commercial was pretty cool too.

I don't remember it... though yes, Nintendo has the very occasional good ad. But most are bad.

Anyone remember the Kirby 64 ads? Those were funny... :D

Quote:Anyone remember the Kirby 64 ads? Those were funny...

I don't think I ever saw those.

Huh... there was this pet adoption place, and it had a dog in a basket, cat, etc... and then Kirby. They were funny... anyone else remember them?

Yeah, but it wasn't THAT funny. The funniest I believe they ever made was that Super Smash Bros one.

Nah, this one is funnier. The SSB commercial was funny but a little too Nick-ish, I thought. The MP commercial was cool but didn't show off enough of the game so it felt more like a mini-movie than a game advertisement.

Quote:Yeah, but it wasn't THAT funny. The funniest I believe they ever made was that Super Smash Bros one.

Again, agreed.

Oh, so you quoted me above essentially to be lazy and not actually post your own opinion because mine was pretty much spot on what yours was? I figured, but OB1's response showed a somewhat different interpretation...

Eh, oh well.

So then, aside from commercials ABOUT the products we love, what else we have to talk about?

Quote:Oh, so you quoted me above essentially to be lazy and not actually post your own opinion because mine was pretty much spot on what yours was?

Yep.

Don't you mean, "what else have we to talk about"? Looks like you got a little mixed up on your word choice. Don't mind me, I'm just incredibly anal about stuff like that.

And the answer is: nothing. That's what I figure, at least, being too lazy to think up something new to talk about.

If you're going to be anal about it, I won't hold back on you either. Besides, I put it that way for a slight level of comedic value. You know, that weird funny way of talking, where people say things like "You want I should such and such?" with that weird voice? Yeah, that joke's played out, but I hear people still talking like that sometimes so someone must still find it funny.

How about that full-length Perfect Dark ad?

Oh, and the Kirby ads weren't super funny, but they were funny. I remember them because there are so few funnier ones out there... and this is one of them. :)

Who Are You? Ad - Weltall - 14th October 2003

I was expecting to hear some of The Who in that commercial. That I didn't makes me not like it.

For those poor saps here who don't know their classic rock, I refer to the classic "Who Are You" which also happens to be CSI's theme song.

Who Are You? Ad - EdenMaster - 15th October 2003

Come on, Ryan. You cannot honestly tell me that you wouldn't find that in the least bit cheesy. Cheese is what Nintendo is attempting to avoid. Using that song would have been a bad choice.

Nothing against the The Who, though, or that particular song.

Who Are You? Ad - Weltall - 15th October 2003

It could have piped in at the end... :(

I really don't care about it so much being there as I would like to see a little more exposure of a classic band to the rap-numbed troglodytes that make up many of my peers.

:love:

Who Are You? Ad - EdenMaster - 15th October 2003

Can't disagree with you there, what passes for music on the pop stations these days makes me want to vomit.