Tendo City
NHL All-Time Scorers - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: NHL All-Time Scorers (/showthread.php?tid=1148)

NHL All-Time Scorers - Fittisize - 8th October 2003

Wow, a LOT of players still playing in the NHL can move up a couple places this season, I noticed. Let's look:

Mark Messier is only 6 points behind Gordie Howe from becoming #2 on the all-time list. He currently sits back 1013 points of number one Wayne Gretzky.

Ron Francis is only 13 points behind Marcel Dionne from becoming #4 on the alltime list. He currently sits back 1099 points from number one Wayne Gretzky.

Only 22 points separate #6 Mario Lemiuex and #7 Steve Yzerman. They are 1165 points and 1187 points from number one Wayne Gretzky.

Gretzky has 2857 points!Eek

Interestingly enough, this season will be the last season for four of those players (except for maybe Mario Lemiuex, who can probably climb the ladder a bit more), I am pretty sure. That's pretty cool for the 2 hockey fans on this board.

EDIT-All of the top ten all-time point scorers are Canadian, but that will change in a few years time when Jarmior Jagr jumps in (he's played 12 seasons and has about 1, 230 points).

Here's the list, too!

GOALS ASSISTS POINTS
----- ------- ------
1. Wayne Gretzky 894 1963 2857
2. Gordie Howe 801 1049 1850
3. MARK MESSIER 676 1168 1844
4. Marcel Dionne 731 1040 1771
5. RON FRANCIS 534 1222 1756
6. MARIO LEMIEUX 682 1011 1692
7. STEVE YZERMAN 660 1010 1670
8. Phil Esposito 717 873 1590
9. Ray Bourque 410 1169 1579
10. Paul Coffey 396 1135 1531

(players in CAPS are still currently playing)

Just thought that everybody should know this. :love:
:love: :love:

NHL All-Time Scorers - A Black Falcon - 8th October 2003

Because we all care oh so much? :)

NHL All-Time Scorers - Laser Link - 8th October 2003

I've never liked Messier, so I hope he somehow doesn't pass Gordie Howe. It is interesting that there are so many good scorers ending their careers soon and it will be fun to see where they all end up on the points list. The most amazing thing is that Gretzky has almost twice as many points as Howe.

In other news, I found out today that Jarome Iginla is black. His name sounded French-Canadian, so I figured he was white like about 99.999999% of NHL players..

NHL All-Time Scorers - A Black Falcon - 9th October 2003

The Red Sox broke the 1927 Yankees' all-time team slugging record this year. :)

NHL All-Time Scorers - N-Man - 9th October 2003

Jarome Iginla sounds about as French as Ahmad Faisal sounds Oklahoman.

I wonder if anyone'll ever beat Gretzky. A thousand point lead really is quite stunning. Would've thought Lemieux was higher up on the list, but at any rate he'll surely reach 4th place (at least) before the end of his career.

NHL All-Time Scorers - Fittisize - 9th October 2003

Lemiuex could be a lot higher up. But remember, he has never once played a full season (only five times has he even played over 70 games in a season) and missed three full seasons when he 'retired' in 1997. So that's pretty amazing in itself.

...Not on par with Gretzky, though. :)

Quote:I've never liked Messier, so I hope he somehow doesn't pass Gordie Howe.

No way, then one and two would be linemates, the greatest duo ever, possibly! (even though I don't think that Messier's numbers would have been as high if he hadn't had played with Gretzky...he still would have been in the top ten but not at number two where he is going to finish).

NHL All-Time Scorers - Fittisize - 6th November 2003

Whoa...we got ourselves a new number two now! Messier scored two goals a couple days ago...to put himself ahead of Gordie Howe and sole posession of number 2 on the all-time list. His first goal was nice, but his second was dumb. It was on an empty-net with the goalie pulled, and he scored from the red line. Oh well, I guess those goals count too.

Do you think he'll finally retire now? He's the same age as Gretzky and he retired like four years ago.