Tendo City
Favourite Songs/Bands - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Favourite Songs/Bands (/showthread.php?tid=1116)

Favourite Songs/Bands - Fittisize - 29th September 2003

Just 'cause I'm a music listening kind of guy.

System of a Down-Chop Suey, Aerials
Metallica-Unforgiven II (a spectacular song, with similarities to Zep's STH)
Puddle of Mudd-Blurry, Drift and Die
Korn-Make Me Bad, Freak on a Leash
Rage Against the Machine-Calm Like a Bomb
Nelly Furtado-On The Radio
Green Day-Waiting, Good Riddance
Sam Roberts-Brother Down
Coldplay-Clocks
finger eleven-Thousand Mile Wish

Those are most of my fav. tracks.

Favourite Songs/Bands - EdenMaster - 30th September 2003

You have good taste in music, Fittisize...for the most part.

Bad Religion - New America, Modern Man, Walk Away
Green Day - Minority, Walking Contradiction, Basket Case
Reggie and the Full Effect - Apocalypse WOW!
Dead Kennedys - Terminal Preppie
Less Than Jake - Surrender, Look What Happened
System of a Down - Chop Suey!, A-E-A-I-A-I-O (I think that's how it goes...)
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

I'm sure there's more, but this is a good compilation of some of my favorite songs.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Great Rumbler - 30th September 2003

I don't really have a lot of favorite singular songs, so I'll just list my favorite artists.

Ray Lynch
Tsuneo Imahori [Trigun]
The Pillows [Fooly Cooly!!]
Noriyuki Iwadare [Grandia, Lunar, ect]
Tosihiko Sakashi [Big O]

Favourite Songs/Bands - Darunia - 30th September 2003

--Jimmy Eat World-----------In the Middle
--No Doubt--------------------Start the Fire
--All American Rejects-------Swing, Swing
--Come on Eileen------------Dexy's Midnight Runners
--Carry on Wayward Son---Kansas
--Foreplay/Longtime---------Boston
--DJ Samy----------------------Heaven
--Madonna---------------------Like A Prayer
--Vanessa Carlton------------Ordinary Day

Current Favorite Bands: Boston, No Doubt

Favourite Songs/Bands - Dark Lord Neo - 30th September 2003

Metallica -Four Whom The Bell Tolls, The Four Horsemen, One, Sanitarium, Master of Puppets
Rolling Stones -Paint it Black, Sympathy for the Devil, Jumping Jack Flash
Bad Religion -American Jesus, Skyscraper, I Want To Conqure The World
Headstones -Tweeter and the Monkeyman, Tiny Teddy
Tom Petty -Last Dance With Mary Jane, Free Fallin'
Bob Dylan -All Along the Watchtower, The Times Are A Changin', Rainy Day Woman #12 & 35
Beatles -As My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Tragically Hip -New Orleans is Sinking, Scared, Fireworks (has any non-Canadian member even heard of them? The Scary thing is that in Canada their combined album sales are higher than the Beatles or Rolling Stones)
Rush -The Trees, Spirit of Radio, Working Man, Time Stands Still

Favourite Songs/Bands - Fittisize - 30th September 2003

Quote:has any non-Canadian member even heard of them? The Scary thing is that in Canada their combined album sales are higher than the Beatles or Rolling Stones

I wouldn't doubt it...I bet few people outside of Canada have heard of Swollen Members or Matt Good.

Shit, I forgot two songs.

Matthew Good Band-Hello Time Bomb, Apparitions
finger eleven-One Thing (and not 'cause it's the new single, it was one of my favourites when I bought the album I just forgot to post it).

Favourite Songs/Bands - N-Man - 30th September 2003

Motley Crüe - Kickstart My Heart
Poison - Ride the Wind
Def Leppard - Animal
Dio - Last In Line / We Rock / Rainbow in the Dark / Holy Diver
Queensrÿche - Queen of the Reich / I Don't Believe In Love / Operation Mindcrime
Skid Row - Big Guns / Youth Gone Wild
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Dokken - Dream Warriors / Paris Is Burning
Winger - Seventeen
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

To be honest, that's what I like right now and the list'll prolly be totally different in some time... but I'm enjoying this hair metal stuff a lot right now, so there y'have it.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Weltall - 30th September 2003

The Beatles - Mrs. Robinson, Hey Jude, Sgt. Pepper
Pink Floyd - Money, Dark Side of the Moon, On the Turning Away
Led Zeppelin - Heartbreaker, Stairway to Heaven, Immigrant Song
The Who - Baba O'Reilly, The Kids Are All Right, Bargain
Van Halen - Can't Stop Loving You, Jump, Panama
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird, Gimme Three Steps, The Ballad of Curtis Lowe
Rolling Stones - Shattered, Sympathy for the Devil, Get Off of My Cloud
Steve Miller Band - Fandango, Nothing Lasts, Deliverance
Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady, Hey Joe, Purple Haze

Favourite Songs/Bands - Dark Lord Neo - 30th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
I wouldn't doubt it...I bet few people outside of Canada have heard of Swollen Members or Matt Good.

Shit, I forgot two songs.

Matthew Good Band-Hello Time Bomb, Apparitions
finger eleven-One Thing (and not 'cause it's the new single, it was one of my favourites when I bought the album I just forgot to post it).

I remember going on on Cloud Chaser's Audio forum and they were talking about Matt Good's first album, only it really was like his fourth, it was just his first on released in the US.

The Hip apparently are also huge in Australia, the UK and the Netherlands.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Undertow - 30th September 2003

Tool
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Faith No More
Tomahawk
GSYBE
A Perfect Circle
Tom Petty
Live
Candlebox

And so on, and so forth.

(As you can see, I'm big on the early 90s era bands)

Favourite Songs/Bands - LukeIsTerrified - 30th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
Puddle of Mudd-Blurry, Drift and Die
Nelly Furtado-On The Radio

What

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
--All American Rejects-------Swing, Swing
--Madonna---------------------Like A Prayer
--Vanessa Carlton------------Ordinary Day

the

Quote:Originally posted by Undertow
Live
Candlebox

fuck.

Quote:Originally posted by LukeIsTerrified
What

the

fuck.

Before you bitch about other peoples' taste in music, might want to share your own? As far as I know Candlebox and Live both have more talent on each of their finger tips than your whole body.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Silent Drone - 30th September 2003

But, look at his name. He is worried. He's terrified!

... That, or he's simply an idiot who doesn't understand what an 'opinion' is....

Yeah, definately the latter.

Oh, and to add something to the topic...

Pearl Jam - Anysong really.

The Beatles - Blackbird, Eleanor Rigby, Day Tripper, Yesterday, Michelle, ... The list goes on. Only beatles song I hate is Yellow Submarine. Why? Because its not one of there best, but its the onlyone every single person knows.

Nirvana: A good chunk of their songs in general.

Ben Folds - Gone, The Luckiest, Carryin' Cathy, Zak and Sara.
A lot of his stuff in general.

Other then that? Not a lot comes to mind. A handful of the bands Undertow listed though.

Before you bitch about other peoples' taste in music, might want to share your own?

Not really as fun, but okay.

MY FAVOURITE 25 SONGS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD:

25. David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
24. My Bloody Valentine - Come in Alone
23. Iggy Pop - The Passenger
22. The Stone Roses - I am the Resurrection
21. Pulp - Common People
20. Bjork - Bachelorette
19. Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
18. Radiohead - The Bends
17. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
16. Liz Phair - Stratford-on-Guy
15. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
14. Beta Band - Dry the Rain
13. Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
12. The Cure - Close to Me (Staring at the Sea version)
11. Sparklehorse - Chaos of the Galaxy/Happy Man
10. Velvet Underground - Heroin
9. Joy Division - Love Will Tear us Apart
8. The Smiths - What Difference Does it Make?
7. Aesop Rock - Daylight
6. 12 Rods - Gaymo
5. Archers of Loaf - Web in Front
4. The Replacements - I Will Dare
3. Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot
2. Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
1. Bob Dylan - Tangled up in Blue

As far as I know Candlebox and Live both have more talent on each of their finger tips than your whole body.

Talent is so passé.

Quote:Originally posted by Silent Drone
But, look at his name. He is worried. He's terrified!

Look at his name! He's silent and oh wait no he's not. Shut up.

Quote:Originally posted by Silent Drone
... That, or he's simply an idiot who doesn't understand what an 'opinion' is....

But I do know what a "countering opinion" is!

Talent is so passé.

Indeed.

Quote:Look at his name! He's silent and oh wait no he's not. Shut up.

If I wanted to hear an asshole, I'd fart.

Quote:But I do know what a "countering opinion" is!

Touche. But I'm sure both of us know how much of a tool you are now, also. You learn something new everyday.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Silent Drone - 30th September 2003

Countering opinion? You mean opinions can be argued?

You have rather excellent taste in music, it would appear.

As for silence? I registered months ago and i'm only at about 25 posts. I'm about as silent as silent bob, [Popular Kevin Smith Fanboy Catchphrase HERE]

Favourite Songs/Bands - ApocX - 30th September 2003

Hey, I am registered.

But anyway.

Heretofore what plagues may fall upon this vile land of seed so intertwined and betwixt of repugnancy that not even the great Teiresias may be beheld unto its putrid splendor in its entirety.

And I'm still reeling from the first guy.

(OBLIGATORY LUKE AND APOCX WTF WTF. COMMENT.)

But I'm sure both of us know how much of a tool you are now, also. You learn something new everyday.

This is something you just learned? It must have been a while since my last post here.

This is something you just learned? It must have been a while since my last post here.

No, I couldn't be bothered to read your posts in the past.

That's too bad, man. You're missing some good stuff. I might even venture to suggest running a little search for my past posts and catching up. You'd only have to go through 46 posts and, after this one, you've already read four!

On topic: "Sister Savior" by The Rapture is the song of the year.

Favourite Songs/Bands - ApocX - 30th September 2003

Quote:You mean opinions can be argued?

I never get this arguement. Opinions are often wrong. Actually, almost all of our opinions are wrong and fundamentally flawed when examined close enough.

A long time ago this group called the everybody in the world was of the opinion that the universe revolved around the earth. Then some other dude was like, "No," and he was right.

A better example is a color blind person looking at a green shirt and thinking it's blue. It's reflecting pure green light. Everyone else sees green. By the definition of color itself, it is green, scientifically and logically. But they see the color blue, because their head is messed up. In their mind, the green is blue, and sure, from their perspective, the existence of blue is real. But it's not (using normality in comparison)! I'd like to see you convince them otherwise, though, if they were an unwitting deviation.

Thus, opinions are wrong.

By association, this topic is very wrong, as stated in my previous post.

Favourite Songs/Bands - A Black Falcon - 30th September 2003

ApocX? Haven't you been gone for a long time?

And of course opinions can be argued! As you say, just because you think something doesn't mean that its empirically right, or that someone who disagrees doesn't have a point too...

That's too bad, man. You're missing some good stuff. I might even venture to suggest running a little search for my past posts and catching up. You'd only have to go through 46 posts and, after this one, you've already read four!

I'll pass. I've found a really interesting article on the time frame of a browning apple core, I think I'll read that. (You might find it very interesting, too! You'd be amazed by the rate of oxidization of the apple core! Very cool.)

Favourite Songs/Bands - Private Hudson - 1st October 2003

Top 5 favorite songs:

How to Disappear Completely: Radiohead
Pushit [Live - Salival]: Tool
Lateralus: Tool
Reflection: Tool
The Tourist: Radiohead

On topic: "Sister Savior" by The Rapture is the song of the year.

Naww...

Pet by A Perfect Circle is the song of the year.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Undertow - 1st October 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Private Hudson

Pet by A Perfect Circle is the song of the year.

This man has a point. The Package is also a very fine track.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Private Hudson - 1st October 2003

They all are.

The Noose, Stranger, Blue, The Outsider are all contenders, too. :p

Pet just gets you going that much more. :)

Favourite Songs/Bands - Laser Link - 1st October 2003

Nobody has heard of the bands I like. They are essentially blocked from ever recieving the attention they deserve because of their lyrics and the fact they won't sell out to become popular. They are labeled and pushed into a little box and ignored by all but a few. Occasionally one of the average bands gets out of this box- and receives tons of fame and attention. It makes me wonder what would happen if some of the really good bands ever got some attention... But for now they are ignored, and it's too bad, because they rock.

Favourite Songs/Bands - -iLluSiON- - 1st October 2003

In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Menhir, Dissection, Emperor, Opeth, Marduk, Mithotyn, Skyfire, Bal Sagoth, Blind Guardian, etc. You guys don't know this music so there's no point.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Darunia - 2nd October 2003

You and your crazy Scandinavian death metal. Rolleyes

Favourite Songs/Bands - alien space marine - 2nd October 2003

Sabbath and ACDC rule!

Favourite Songs/Bands - Undertow - 2nd October 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
Nobody has heard of the bands I like.

Enlighten us.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Private Hudson - 2nd October 2003

Quote:Originally posted by -iLluSiON-
In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Menhir, Dissection, Emperor, Opeth, Marduk, Mithotyn, Skyfire, Bal Sagoth, Blind Guardian, etc. You guys don't know this music so there's no point.

Some of us do..

Favourite Songs/Bands - Weltall - 2nd October 2003

Nobody has heard of the bands I like. They are essentially blocked from ever recieving the attention they deserve because of their lyrics and the fact they won't sell out to become popular. They are labeled and pushed into a little box and ignored by all but a few. Occasionally one of the average bands gets out of this box- and receives tons of fame and attention. It makes me wonder what would happen if some of the really good bands ever got some attention... But for now they are ignored, and it's too bad, because they rock.

I know some of your bands. I also know Bal Sagoth and Blind Guardian, to a limited extent.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Laser Link - 2nd October 2003

Psssst. Weltall, you quoted the wrong guy. :) I've never heard of Bal Sagoth or Blind Guardian.

Well I'm talking about groups like Switchfoot, Bleach, All Star United, Relient K, Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, Skillet, Ace Troubleshooter, dc Talk, MxPx. You might have heard of some of them, and if you have then you probably know what I am talking about. Most of the guys here have heard me talk about this a bunch already, so they are all ignoring me. But I think they do that anyway. :)

Switchfoot's newest cd "Beautiful Letdown" is unbelievable. Every single song is great. It easily surpasses their earlier stuff, and that's saying a lot. Weezer reminds me a lot of Bleach and All Star United, but Bleach rocks a lot more. Weezer is probably more catchy, but a lot of the time too poppy for me. dc Talk practically invented rapcore over 10 years ago, but everybody thinks they just jumped on the bandwagon. Rolleyes I love MxPx, and "Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo" is how I define punk music (but it seems that every single person in the world has their own definition, so whatever). Their newest album "Before, Everything and After" definently lost a lot of the punk style and at times sounds kinda like Good Charlotte (who it seems everyone hates), but it's still fantastic. And I don't really care if it's called punk, pop-punk, pop, or anything else. It's good.

At least things are beginning to change. These groups get a lot more respect than they did a few years ago, and that will only continue as more and more people start to realize they are missing out on a lot of really great music.

Favourite Songs/Bands - N-Man - 2nd October 2003

LL: You so emo, LL. Everybody knows MxPx, although I must admit the others are a bit more obscure. I downloaded a few dcTalk songs some months back and it's pretty enjoyable, albeit extremely lightweight. There's one song whose title I can't for the life of me remember, starts off with 'Solomon once wrote... better is open rebuke, than hidden love... etc.' which I liked quite a bit, and also Jesus Freak and Mind's Eye.

illusion: I'd listen to Dimmu Borgir and Emperor if I wasn't having scattered headaches and thus not afraid of my brain exploding. Blind Guardian's a bit too epic for my liking, though I can appreciate what little I've heard of them (Ashes to Ashes, aand... A Dark Passage I think it was?).

Skyfire has an awesome song which I believe is called By God Forsaken, worth getting just for the intro synth-trumpets and accompanying primal scream.

(/annoying music geek mode)

Favourite Songs/Bands - Laser Link - 2nd October 2003

Yeah, I do go off on this subject, but it just bugs me to no end. Sorry for ranting. Again.

The song you are talking about is "Say the Words" from Free at Last. They also re-made it for their greatest hits cd, now called "Say the Words Now". The new one is an upbeat poppy song, and the old is the classic dc Talk hip hop stuff. And I agree that it is lightweight compared to what I listen to now, but these songs are old! Free at Last is 11 years old now, and a lot has changed since then.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Darunia - 4th October 2003

This thread is pointless, we all know that the best music is from the 80's, period.

Favourite Songs/Bands - bomberman - 4th October 2003

Well I'm talking about groups like Switchfoot, Bleach, All Star United, Relient K, Five Iron Frenzy, Brave Saint Saturn, Skillet, Ace Troubleshooter, dc Talk, MxPx. You might have heard of some of them, and if you have then you probably know what I am talking about. Most of the guys here have heard me talk about this a bunch already, so they are all ignoring me. But I think they do that anyway.

Holy crap Laser Link, I listen to most of those same bands. I also like Project 86, Blindside, and Embodyment. I've seen FiveIronFrenzy and Relient K in concert years ago, and it was a pretty awsome show.

Favourite Songs/Bands - Laser Link - 4th October 2003

I'm not a big fan of the harder stuff, but most of my friends are. And they love Project 86 and Blindside. Pillar too. Good stuff. I'm looking forward to FIF's last show in Denver. I'm sure it will be amazing as FIF is always great, and this is the last time they will ever perform together. Throw in Bleach and a "surprise" showing by Relient K, and I can't wait. :D

Favourite Songs/Bands - bomberman - 4th October 2003

You lucky sonofagun, I wish I could see their last show. The closest show to me is in Salem, OR, which I may or may not see depending on how things work out. You need to smuggle in one of those videocameras they use for police stings and tape the whole show for old bomberman.

Favourite Songs/Bands - buckey_lasek - 5th October 2003

as many others i have way too many favourite songs, here asre some of my favourite bands:

<b>new found glory</b>
tiger army
something corporate
distillers
rancid
good charlotte
transplants
dropkick murphys
the ataris
linkin park

Favourite Songs/Bands - Great Rumbler - 5th October 2003

Here are some of my favorite songs:

Ozric Tentacles - Sploosh
Ozric Tentacles - Neurochasm
Ozric Tentacles - Sunhair
Ozric Tentacles - Strangeitude
John Williams - Star Wars Theme
Beethoven - Symphony 9 - Ode to Joy
Dire Straits - I Want My MTV
DJ Jean - Get Ready For The Launch
Eagles - Journey of the Sorcerer
Greig - Hall of the Mountain King
Happatai - Yatta!
Photek - Solaris
Ray Lynch - Break of Day
Ray Lynch - Celestial Sodapop
Ray Lynch - No Blue Thing
Ray Lynch - Tiny Geometries
Safri Duo - Samb-Adagio
Safri Duo - Played-A-Live
They Might Be Giants - Particle Man
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London

Favourite Songs/Bands - Laser Link - 8th October 2003

I wish I had a camera to sneak in. That would be great. I also wish FIF would record this show and sell it on DVD or something It would sell like crazy!

So, do you by any chance listen to Air1? They have a lot of stations in Oregon. If so, I get to be very jealous of you. I would love to listen to a radio station that plays good music like Air1 or Radio U. I guess internet streaming audio has to work for now.

And read this article about Relient K.