Tendo City
GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 (/showthread.php?tid=1080)

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - The Former DMiller - 22nd September 2003

Some of our inside sources at N-Philes have found out that the GameCube will definitely be dropping in price to $99 before the end of the year. Okay, our inside source isn't anything special, but we're pretty confident in it. No word yet on the GBA SP or the Mario Kart bundle rumor.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - A Black Falcon - 22nd September 2003

Ooh, super-secret inside sources and information you shouldn't have revealed... does Nintendo have black helicopters? :)

Anyway, that's good news... the other consoles dropped in price, so Nintendo needs to do that too. The price advantage is the one one they have and right now they don't have much of one...

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - The Former DMiller - 22nd September 2003

Haha, well our inside source is actually someone who works at Toys R Us on our staff. They received info about the price drop, but not when it is going to go into affect.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - OB1 - 23rd September 2003

Not to sound like Mapel, but this is old news. :D Well, before it was just a rumor. Thanks for the confirmation.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Great Rumbler - 23rd September 2003

They'll probably put it into affect around the end of the year, in possibly in late October, to boost holiday sales.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd September 2003

Quote:Not to sound like Mapel, but this is old news.

Yeah, when I first read the title, I thought, "...I thought they were already $99 by now...?"

I guess that shows how involved I am... :S

Hahaha! No, they're still $150, but you do get some free stuff so it's almost like they're only $99.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - demon - 23rd September 2003

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QEFD/qid=1064357571/sr=1-12/ref=sr_1_12/104-2821578-3815163?v=glance&s=toys Amazon already did the price drop.

Quote:This item is currently out of stock.

Eek

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - OB1 - 23rd September 2003

More surprising than that is that demon posted!

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - demon - 23rd September 2003

Not completely out of stock. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005QEFD/qid=1064376139/br=1-3/ref=br_lf_t_rz_3//104-2821578-3815163?v=glance&n=1061372&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - A Black Falcon - 23rd September 2003

Wow, demon posted... rare event.

Oh, and its great that the price already dropped. :)

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - The Former DMiller - 24th September 2003

Wow, welcome back demon. Anyway, it seems that the Mario Kart rumor is true as well, but that won't take place until closer to Christmas. Nintendo will be bundling the game with GameCubes sometime in November. No idea if it will be for $99 or more than that.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - demon - 24th September 2003

I've never left, just been lurking and busy.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Dark Jaguar - 24th September 2003

Yeah, just checking the "currently visiting" thingy shows that this place is home to MANY lurkers.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - A Black Falcon - 24th September 2003

Well they should post then. :)

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Great Rumbler - 24th September 2003

Those darn lurkers! I guess I'll just have to teach them a lesson!! *sets up several seige tanks*

Lurkers are cool because you can actually use them for offense instead of defense if you take a team of them and send them in after the main strike force. Amazing how quickly they can shred a base.

Not in a base defended by carriers and observers, they won't!

:D, that's right! In those cases, either have enough cash to ALSO send in a bunch of devourers, or just come up with a new strat since that'll take a lot of resources and time.

Scourge.

Your puny Zerg armies are no match for my patented Base O' Death!! Seriously, if you ever got into a game with me and didn't defeat me in the first 30 minutes you'd have to wait till my resources ran out before you could take my base!

Base O' Death:

-Bunkers and seige tanks at enterance.
-As many missle sites as possible around outer edge of base.
-Set up small fighters and command ships around base.
-Upgrade like crazy.
-Leave several SCVs free to handle repairs.

Blow away missile turrets with other siege tanks, or some other distance units, then a standard method of taking on the rest.

A good strategy, but one I could counter. While your seige tanks are attack my missle sights my siege tanks are attacking yours and while that is going my SCVs are repairing the damaged turrets and I'm already sending out my fighters and command ships to take down your tanks.

BTW, it's really best used against Zerg, but I think it could work against the other races if used properly.

GR... that sounds like my strategy 95% of the time I'm Terran.

Lets just say ... it doesn't win games very often ... especially against agressive opponents. :D

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - big guy - 25th September 2003

my terran strategy is this...

try really hard not to die in the first 10 seconds of the game while yelling "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT!!!" because i know that i'm about to die.

actually, that's my strategy for all the races in SC.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - A Black Falcon - 25th September 2003

So we're all bad at SC? :)

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Dark Jaguar - 25th September 2003

It would seem so :D.

My zerg strat:

Make a bunch of hydralisks at what I think is a fast pace but what is really far too slow while trying to upgrade at what I think is fast but is actually slow while the enemy has already claimed every expansion before I'm smart enough to realize I'm ready to expand, then die.

ABF and Mapel beat me up badly, while Biggah makes a carpet out of my zerg hide.

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Great Rumbler - 25th September 2003

Quote:So we're all bad at SC?

Yeah pretty much.

And now for some excessive force!!

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - Dark Jaguar - 25th September 2003

Acckkk, is that the best you can doou? *falls over dead REALLY fast*

GameCube Price Will Go Down To $99 - A Black Falcon - 25th September 2003

DJ... me and Mapel aren't especially good at SC. You are just really bad... :)

I'm a LOT better at WC3, though. I'm not good, but I can at least win a decent percentage of my games...

Yup, despite the fact that I'm lucky to win one in ten games of SC and have never been much better than that I think its the best game ever made. Funny, huh?