Tendo City
Good news about Enterprise - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Good news about Enterprise (/showthread.php?tid=1039)

Pages: 1 2 3

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 9th September 2003

They put the 'Star Trek' back in the title and, most importantly, they changed the theme song!! YAY!!!!!

I've also been reading some good reviews of the season premiere, so make sure you all watch it!

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 9th September 2003

Yes! Two badly needed changes... the theme song is so awful! They need to change it before we start to sort of get used to it... :)

Good news about Enterprise - Dark Lord Neo - 9th September 2003

Thank god
It just wasn't Star Trek without the Star Trek in the title
It also needed a new theme

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 10th September 2003

I have some bad news. Apparently the new song is even worse than the old one, but I suppose I should reserve judgement until I watch it tonight.

Don't forget to watch it, people!

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 10th September 2003

Worse? Its humanly possible?

It's actually the same song but shortened and with a different singer, I think.

Oh, great... why can't they take a hint and get rid of the vocals?

Because Rick Berman and Brannon Braga hate the fans.

Well yeah, that is very clear...

Specifically you and me. They're really out to get us.

From Trekweb.com:

Quote:Producer/co-creator Brannon Braga is on the horn again today, in new interviews with several newspapers around the country. Speaking with the Baltimore Sun, Braga reiterates remarks made all summer long that putting Earth in jeopardy--like STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME--should lead to success.

"We're making very dramatic, and hopefully, effective changes to the show because they are creatively stimulating and because we're trying, of course we're trying, to generate viewer interest," Braga told the Sun. "A lot of people are like, 'Are you doing this because of the ratings?' Well yeah! What television show in the history of television doesn't try to get better ratings?"

The director of the cited top-grossing TREK pic, Leonard Nimoy told the Sun he's not sure if the formula is so simple.

"It just doesn't seem to me to start out on a premise that if Earth is in trouble we'll have a success," Nimoy says. "I just don't get it. We had an enormous number of wonderful episodes in the original classic series where Earth was not in danger. I thought the episodes worked very well."

Braga continues with the Salt Lake Tribune: "The challenge we face is ourselves. But, you know, it doesn't mean that we're not still having fun and feeling very creative about the show. And we believe very strongly that 'Star Trek' is still a very viable franchise."

I'm with Nimoy on this one. The two guys in charge of Trek right now (especially Braga, the worse of the two) are complete morons who don't have a single creative bone in them. Their formula for getting better ratings for 'Enterprise'? Copy the whole "earth in trouble" part from Star Trek IV since that movie made a lot of money!

*sigh*

Seriously, I just don't understand how these two people have stayed in charge of Star Trek for so long. Star Trek is extremely unpopular nowadays and Paramount is doing a terrible job of managing the franchise. Until Paramount gets some new people to take over Trek I can't see it regaining its former glory. It's very depressing.

Good news about Enterprise - Dark Jaguar - 10th September 2003

They quoted The Sun? The SUN? It's a frickin' tabloid with no shame whatsoever!

This isn't new news, so the Sun didn't make it up. Braga's has been saying the very same thing for months now.

I just finished watching the season premiere, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't very entertaining but it was a good set-up for the new arc. Let's just hope that the show picks up speed soon. This new direction has a lot of potential, but whether or not it lives up to that potential is the big question mark.

Oh and the new title theme sucks! It's just the old theme but with some extra instruments in the background, which actually manages to make it worse than before. I agree with ign's opinion on the new theme:

Quote:Added to the music are some new flourishes that would only sound good to Billy Murray's old lounge singer character from Saturday Night Live. I half expected to see someone in a puffy shirt brandishing some maracas to come out and cha-cha to the theme. I screamed at my television screen as the "new" theme droned on in all of its Dolby surround sound glory. I think a little piece of me died as I listened to that music. I found myself wishing for the previous version. Or the original Trek theme on a kazoo, any freaking thing but this.

Especially that maracas part.

The new theme was supposed to reflect the more serious, urgent tone of the show, yet it's ten times cheerier than the previous theme.

Ugh.

Berman and Braga have made some great Trek episodes! Its just when they were given control of the franchise that they began to fall apart...

Oh, and it is truly amazing that they made the themesong worse. Didn't think it was possible...

And Berman's 'reasons' that it will improve in ratings are not likely.

What's the crime in making a song hopeful? Just because things are all gloomy doesn't mean a hopeful song has no place. Hope ALWAYS exists in EVERY situation after all. Haven't heard the new song though, and won't for a while, as I will be gone during every single airing of this new season.

Shut up, DJ. You're so predictable.

There's nothing hopeful about the song. It's just really annoying.

Yeah, its just incredibly annoying, that's for sure...

Check it out for yourself! http://www.treknews.de/treknews/newspro-treknews/static/106319151128252.php

I just listened to it again and couldn't help but crack up. I think there's a tambourine in the background. A friggin' tambourine!

You'll either laugh or cry at it. Probably laugh and then cry.

ugh...

*that wasn't to the song*

I wasn't being serious. I just don't like adding smilies at the end of my sentences.

Good news about Enterprise - Dark Jaguar - 11th September 2003

Hmm, hard to tell with you, unlike me, where there's NEVER been ANY question as to whether or not I was joking.

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2003

Riiight, DJ, of course... Rolleyes

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 11th September 2003

So did you listen to the new song yet, ABF?

Yes, I did... hmm, not sure. It might be a little bit better, but its still totally wrong for Star Trek... idiots...

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 11th September 2003

Did you like the tambourines?

Hmm, the instruments... not sure. It probably was better without them...

Good news about Enterprise - Great Rumbler - 11th September 2003

Well, I listened to the theme and I thought that it was an okay song, but definitely not suited for a Star Trek theme song. Bring back instrumental music!!

Yeah... it is sort of an okay song, but Star Trek? It makes no sense at all... it just doesn't fit in any way.

Good news about Enterprise - alien space marine - 12th September 2003

the theme song was fine the way it was before, There was no need to turn into a country music video.

The premier episode was crap.

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 29th January 2004

Not so good news about Enterprise.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270355&obj_id=40707
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/4318.html

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 30th January 2004

Well at least they didn't move it to fridays. Smallville and everything else was just beating the crap out of it in that timeslot. An hour later is no biggie.

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 30th January 2004

True, moving it to Friday would be a death sentence and everyone would know it, but would getting rid of Berman really be a good move? I mean, he is pretty bad, but it depends if his replacement was someone good or if it was just a 'get rid of him and finish it off' thing...

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 30th January 2004

Woah, they're getting rid of him (no I didn't click on those links)?? Berman and Bragga??? I just heard about the timeslot change!! This is terrific news!! You really can't go worse than Berman and Bragga.

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2004

Click the links. The first one for sure.

The second one says that Trek is going to Wed. 9pm at least for the rest of this season (starting at some point, not sure if its yet or not), BTW. You don't really need to click that one... it says that and then says that it might go back afterwards... we'll see...

And I'm not sure about Berman and Braga. This article just talks about Berman, not Braga.

... You won't will you, just TOO hard to click a link... oh poor you...

Quote: As we first reported last week, a scooper contacted us with what they claimed was inside information about the mood of the crew on the set of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE. The UPN series, the fifth in the TREK franchise, has had a number of rumors circling it like dark clouds, some of which were confirmed and others dismissed by Paramount and ENTERPRISE brass.

After we ran our first scoop about ENTERPRISE, and after the weekend of the Television Press tour, the same person contacted us again with what they claimed was more inside information about the production. We will present what they told us with the caveat that the following report is unconfirmed and should be treated as gossip right now, for reasons that will become clear in a moment:

"It would seem the lackluster support of ENTERPRISE by Les Moonves and Dawn Ostroff at this weekend's UPN press junket has gotten the attention of Garry Hart, President of Paramount Television Productions. Quiet for some time regarding the dismal performance of his division's most important moneymaker, it has been rumored that Hart may be planning as early as March to make concessions to UPN to help keep ENTERPRISE on the air. From an insider in John Wentworth's office at Paramount Television's Marketing and Media Relations Department, a memo has been spotted suggesting Hart may be waiting until after ENTERPRISE's February sweeps performance to announce the possible replacement of some of the show's production staff, to possibly include longtime TREK Executive Producer Rick Berman. There is no word at this time of any possible replacements."

As you can see, the information our scooper sent to us is riveting but also extremely next to impossible to verify -- and that is why we are stressing that it should be taken as speculatory at this stage.

Hours before the annoucement of this week's shuffling of ENTERPRISE to its 9 PM timeslot (beginning in March), we were sent another message from the same scooper. Again, we present what they had to say to us as they sent it:

"The mood at ENTERPRISE, however, is mixed. Some fearing a dreaded Friday time slot are relieved the change is minor. Others, however, are less than optimistic considering the lead in shows of GAME OVER and THE MULLETS and think this may be a setup for disaster.

And as I reported earlier, the set is still awash with concern that within a month or two, there may be a new 'captain' in the Executive Producer's chair. There is concern that Rick Berman's future with the beloved TREK franchise may be coming to an end, making less certain than before the future of ENTERPRISE and a possible fourth season."

The reason we are choosing to now publish the scooper's two reports, even though we cannot confirm if this is truly the mood on the set of ENTERPRISE, is the mention of the timeslot change slightly ahead of the time the news broke online. Whether there are definitive plans for Paramount to remove producer Rick Berman from the STAR TREK franchise or a "memo" circulating in their offices remains unknown, but we still felt that it was necessary to print what was being told to us at this time. Fans reading this article are again stressed to keep this in mind; these are rumors right now and not known facts, and until our scooper chooses to show us hard proof of their claims or we discover another means to confirm what they are telling us, an open mind should be kept.

It may simply take time to determine if what we are being told is an accurate portrayal of events happening to ENTERPRISE or some individual crying wolf. With February around the corner and sweeps imminent, the final answer to these speculative questions should be known soon.

[Anonymous]

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 31st January 2004

I'm also not going to read that news article you posted, just to spite you.

You need help.

Good news about Enterprise - Weltall - 31st January 2004

That's not a bad theme. It just completely doesn't belong as a Star Trek theme.

Anyway, far from the diehard Trekkie I used to be, I've still not seen a single Enterprise episode.

That's too bad, because it's definitely had some pretty good ones...

Good news about Enterprise - Darunia - 31st January 2004

I hope they do something. The show needs to be less of a soap opera and more of an adventure show. Classic Trek was great because it was gritty science fiction adventure; fantasy. Today's incarnation is a soap opera, with thin elements of science in there somewhere.

I really started losing interest in the series when Next Gen was canceled. The series has been on a gradual downward spiral ever since, really because they ran out of ideas quite awhile back.

And my God, I can't believe it's been ten whole years since that happened. Incredible. Yipes I'm getting old. :(

Erm, Next Generation ended, I'm pretty sure, and wasn't cancelled... the only Trek to be cancelled is the original. Next Generation, Voyager, and Deep Space Nine all finished their 7-year runs.

And anyway, Voyager and DS9 are great shows and Enterprise is becoming a good one...

You know what I mean.

Ran out of ideas? Yeah, that is kind of true, Voyager and Enterprise really are doing similar stuff to TNG, but still, it's still good... well, mostly. The franchise definitely would be better off without Braga and Berman.

Good news about Enterprise - OB1 - 1st February 2004

Voyager was horrendous, but we've only been over this a few thousand times already.

Enterprise has had some really solid episodes these past two seasons. Similitude was very good.

Good news about Enterprise - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2004

Enterprise is a copy of Voyager is a copy of The Next Generation, but with different crews...

No, Enterprise has tried some new things.

Every series does, but Enterprise has stuck pretty closely to the formula.

Not as much as Voyager did. Voyager did nothing original. It just took ideas from TNG, and if you were lucky they would expand upon those ideas (like 7 of 9).

If you say so, if you say so.