Tendo City
Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

Pages: 1 2 3

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - A Black Falcon - 24th September 2003

Oh come on, Darunia, that's a ridiculous question...

And anyway, startrek.com has episode summaries of every Trek episode ever...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - OB1 - 24th September 2003

Like ABF said before, Star Trek is on at the same time as it has been on for the past decade or so.

I didn't really like tonight's episode much. Cool to see LeVar Burton direct, though.

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - A Black Falcon - 24th September 2003

I missed the first half, but I think I can guess what happened... :)

The aliens (containment guys) seemed somewhat stereotypically violent, but at least the reason was okay.

It wasn't a great ep of Trek, but it was fine... and Archer wasn't himself so he wasn't there to be annoying! Always a plus...

Oh, and did you know that in the original American version of 'The Weakest Link' (when Anne Robinson was the host) the highest total ever reached was the one where some Star Trek actors were on it? LeVar Burton won, I believe...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - Darunia - 25th September 2003

Alright...last night...I've narrowed it down to being on Wednesday evenings some time.

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - A Black Falcon - 25th September 2003

ITS ONLY BEEN IN THE SAME EXACT TIMESLOT FOR TEN STRAIGHT YEARS!!!

Plus, we've only said it two or three times now... nope, I have no clue...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - OB1 - 25th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
I missed the first half, but I think I can guess what happened... :)

The aliens (containment guys) seemed somewhat stereotypically violent, but at least the reason was okay.

It wasn't a great ep of Trek, but it was fine... and Archer wasn't himself so he wasn't there to be annoying! Always a plus...

Oh, and did you know that in the original American version of 'The Weakest Link' (when Anne Robinson was the host) the highest total ever reached was the one where some Star Trek actors were on it? LeVar Burton won, I believe...

It was actually about an extinct alien race that created a virus which turned other creatures into their species in a way to preserve their race. You know what happened a the end.

Yeah, I knew that... there is the dead race that made the virus and the alive one that is going to extreme measures to try to stop it...

I thought the episode sucked. Too Voyager-ish in its lameness.

Yeah, it did feel somewhat Voyager-ish... that's probably why I liked it. :)

You're so weird. :stupid:

*Declares Formal State of War on ABF*

Smartass...it hasn't been in the EXACT same spot for 10 years; it's on UPN now.

Same time slot.

....which IS...???!?

Wednesday evenings!

Uhh, Darunia... you are stupid.

UPN.

This is Trek's tenth season on UPN.

So ten years is completely accurate.

Remember... seven of Voyager, now three of Enterprise, all in the same timeslot...

8 pm (EST), Wednesday, on UPN. For the tenth straight season.

And OB1, there's nothing wrong with liking Voyager's style. :)

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - OB1 - 26th September 2003

*in Bones' voice*

Like hell there isn't!

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - A Black Falcon - 26th September 2003

Enterprise won't be as good as Voyager, because Voyager's first few years were actually pretty good, but it could improve a lot if it keeps on track with decent eps like that one...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - OB1 - 26th September 2003

It's like you live in some sort of bizarro world where everything's the opposite of this world.

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - Darunia - 26th September 2003

Voyager sucks, ABF, get used to it! Maybe it was just that they had a woman captain who was an annoying bitch, or that they never did anything particularly exciting...well, nothing above-averagely exciting anyway. Waste of a Trek franchise.

You hated Janeway, I liked her... that's just an opinion you know and is hardly something that objectively makes it bad any more than my hating Archer makes Enterprise bad...

And as for 'nothing exciting', that makes no sense... they did just as much as any other series, except DS9 of course... for 'excitement' that war takes the cake I'd have to say, though not really in a good way...

You hated Janeway, I liked her... that's just an opinion you know and is hardly something that objectively makes it bad any more than my hating Archer makes Enterprise bad...

And as for 'nothing exciting', that makes no sense... they did just as much as any other series, except DS9 of course... for 'excitement' that war takes the cake I'd have to say, though not really in a good way (for the characters)...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - Darunia - 27th September 2003

Rolleyes

Is there an echo in here.

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - A Black Falcon - 1st October 2003

So how about this week's episode? I actually watched the whole thing this week... :)

It was alright, but not that great. Typical Enterprise...

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - Darunia - 2nd October 2003

I forgot to watch it...goddamit; I'll hafta make a point of watching it next week.

Favorite Even-Numbered Trek Movie? - alien space marine - 2nd October 2003

I skiped the last two weeks out of no interest.

Ive been watching stargate SG-1 reruns which are more interesting then recycled startrek plots we have seen many times over.

Extinction is a rip off a TNG episode were Geordi is turned into a alien,The sex slave on the last episode waisnt sexy.

Why cant the writers stick to "founding of the federation" and its untold story,why do they need to use tried plots and then squeeze them into enterpise.

The best ENT shows so far are the ones that didnt go way out but tackled interesting issues like the Andorian and Vulcan conflict.
Stupid episodes like shuttle pod 1 and unexpected were more fun then shoot it up garbage like Shockwave or Exspanse.