Tendo City
The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! (/showthread.php?tid=1022)

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Weltall - 7th September 2003

I can't believe it took this long for this thread to appear, but better late than never of course...

Been liking week 1 so far... Steelers kicked ass of course, everyone else in A-North lost, that's as good a start as any.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2003

It's very unlikely that the Cowboy will even make it to the playoffs, but I'm rooting for them anyway!!

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - The Former DMiller - 7th September 2003

The Bears are going to suck this year. They have no offensive line to speak of. They'd be better off with members of Tendo City as the big men up front. Luckily the Cubs and White Sox are doing awesome.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Laser Link - 7th September 2003

The Chargers whooped up on the Chiefs!

Well, in the second half of the game. That means they split the series, right? If only this were baseball...

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2003

If it were baseball, it'd be worth watching... :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2003

Quote:Sorry, couldn't resist...

Usually you can't, or so it appears.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2003

My problem really isn't that I hate football, its that the only sport I love is baseball so when it ends there's nothing to watch... :(

You could watch cartoons...

Yeah, what cartoons? My choices are quite limited given how I don't have cable (we have our cable company's cheap $8 option that gets you the networks... and NESN, Disney, and Fox Sports which come in anyway for some reason...), you know, and am not exactly up in the morning much to see those ones... so I'm mostly stuck with The WB's afternoon ones and the stupid stuff on Disney Channel.

Uh...you could watch paint dry. I hear that's pretty awesome stuff.

Or I could spend two or three more hours a night staring bored at some websites...

I know, I know, I have literally hundreds of quality games (including emulation of course) I could be playing, but for some reason I spend most of my time on the net... unless I have something I really like and find addictive, like a new console game that I am actually playing and not ... putting off .., like I do with so many games...

As of now that's mostly Skies of Arcadia... I'm at over 20 hours now and just got my own ship and escaped from Valua again. :)

Oh, I'd watch TV, but its almost all boring! Most of the stuff sort of worth watching is on cable...

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Weltall - 8th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by DMiller
The Bears are going to suck this year. They have no offensive line to speak of. They'd be better off with members of Tendo City as the big men up front. Luckily the Cubs and White Sox are doing awesome.

KORDELL STEWART IS THE SAVIOR!!!!!!!!! Chuckle

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - OB1 - 8th September 2003

Hey I have a crazy thought, ABF! Maybe you could--.... *drum roll*... go outside!

*everyone gasps in shock*

Seriously! Outside can be nice sometimes!

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - The Former DMiller - 8th September 2003

Weltall, I just noticed the quote in your sig from As Good As It Gets. I actually used that quote for my sig a while ago. I think it was before I started working at Nintensity. I just thought that was kind of weird since it's a pretty random quote.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - A Black Falcon - 8th September 2003

"Outside"... uhh... I'd rather not. Not unless I have to... :)

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - OB1 - 8th September 2003

Playing baseball yourself is a million times more fun than simply watching other people play it.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Great Rumbler - 8th September 2003

ABF doesn't like going outside? What's up with that?

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - The Former DMiller - 8th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Playing baseball yourself is a million times more fun than simply watching other people play it.

I totally agree. Too bad no one plays baseball anymore. I'd love to play a full 9-on-9 baseball game, but the best I can do is playing homerun derby with a few friends every once in a while.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - A Black Falcon - 8th September 2003

Yeah, I liked playing baseball... I played it in our town rec league until 7th grade. (I also played rec soccer, until 8th grade) :)

But I definitely love watching it on TV. Well... if it's my team, anyway...

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Weltall - 9th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by DMiller
Weltall, I just noticed the quote in your sig from As Good As It Gets. I actually used that quote for my sig a while ago. I think it was before I started working at Nintensity. I just thought that was kind of weird since it's a pretty random quote.

Favorite quote from one of my all-time favorite movies. :D

So anyway, who's backing up Slash?

And what the FUCK happened to Philly last night? Confused

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - The Former DMiller - 9th September 2003

Backing up Slash is fragile Chris Chandler. After that is our draft pick Rex Grossman. I don't really want to see them throw in Grossman, though, because he could be scarred for his career if he has to play behind that offensive line.

The Quasi-official Tendo City NFL 2003 season thread! - Laser Link - 9th September 2003

Yeah, I think it's best to give rookie QBs some time to adjust. You can go the Steve McNair route, and have him sit for his rookie year and give you many ultra-productive season later, or the Ryan Leaf route. No more explanation needed.