Tendo City
Denis Dyack interview - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Denis Dyack interview (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Denis Dyack interview - OB1 - 5th September 2003

I don't think it's an insider article, so click on the link and read! Then discuss...

From ign:

So when it Nintendo going to release some screenshots from the latest built of the game? I'm sick of these crappy placeholder texture screenshots that they've released. I don't understand Nintendo's logic behind only releasing screenshots from an early build of a game that's supposed to come out in just a few months. Wouldn't it make sense to release the good screenshots? I think that's how some companies raise interest in a game. Dunno

I have to say though, that after reading all of these Denis Dyack interviews Silicon Knights has become the developer I'd most want to work with when I get out of game design school. Yes, even more than Retro. SK works more closely with Miyamoto than any other second-party, I believe, and my dream is to one day work with Miyamoto. Now of course, I'll probably be lucky just to get a job as an intern at a game design studio when I graduate, but it doesn't hurt to dream, now does it?

Denis Dyack interview - A Black Falcon - 5th September 2003

Long article... the game is sounding pretty good, much more than just a straight remake.

Denis Dyack interview - Nintendarse - 5th September 2003

Sadly, people might misjudge this game and think it's just an updated port. It wouldn't really be their faults, as Nintendo has released no evidence that Twin Snakes is more than an updated port.

Interestingly, Denis seemed less confident that he'd finish in time for a holiday release, which leads me to believe that Twin Snakes might be pushed into early 2004. I wouldn't really mind this (considering I have 6 games on my MUST BUY list in he last four months of the year), but Twin Snake's chances of selling well in a non-holiday timeframe is slim. It'd be a shame if all this optimistic talk of collaboration fell apart because the relationship were not profitable.

Denis Dyack interview - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2003

Dennis Dyack is the coolest...aside from Miyamoto that is.

I had a copy of MGS on the PS1, but now I can't find it, so I'll definitely be getting this. Although I probably would have gotten anyway.

It sounds like it's going to turn out really great, I hope everything turns out good for Dennis and his team.

I really hope that Twin Snakes makes it out this year. If that's gone then Nintendo has only one big holiday title: Mario Kart.

Nintendo has finally released some new screens of the game and they look a lot better than the version previously shown. IGN has also posted some new details on the game:

Quote:September 05, 2003 - Earlier today in San Francisco Konami Entertainment held a press event/BBQ to spotlight a portion of its forthcoming lineup. Silicon Knights' president Denis Dyack was on hand for the affair to answer questions and to present a slim, but intriguing new video of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes in motion. The new footage showed off much more of the title than we've ever seen before and really spotlighted the impressive cinematography additions for in-game cut-scenes. In the video, Twin Snakes appeared to be running smoother and looking better than it did when we saw it at the Electronics Entertainment Expo 2003 and ECTS 2003 after that.

Unfortunately, a newer version of the game was not playable. (Konami featured the same playable demo from E3 2003 instead.) However, we did chat with Denis Dyack one more time and walked away with a few more bits of information in addition to those we gathered in our recent interview.

Here they are:

* MGS: The Twin Snakes will come on two discs
* Dyack said he didn't look to Capcom's Resident Evil remake for inspiration when making Twin Snakes
* He also said that as far as he's concerned nobody makes survival horror games better than Capcom
* In Twin Snakes boss fights, players can now shoot foes in first-person mode
* When asked about future collaborations between Nintendo, Konami and Silicon Knights, Dyack said that these were highly likely: "There's nothing I can say officially. But this is meant to be more than a one-shot deal."
* All of the voice work in the game has been completely re-recorded, every piece of dialogue - and by the same actors from the original game
* No VR missions; Dyack said that SK would have liked to include these, but that there simply isn't enough time

We have a wealth of impressive new screenshots in our media section. We also have high-resolution US box art. Download. Download right this very instant.

And the screens:

[Image: mgstwin_090503_x24.jpg]

[Image: mgstwin_090503_x23.jpg]

[Image: mgstwin_090503_x19.jpg]

[Image: mgstwin_090503_x26.jpg]

Now it finally looks better than MGS2!

Denis Dyack interview - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2003

I'd say the graphics don't look that much better and definitely don't look as good as MGS2 on the PS2...if I was stupid, that is!! This really is a huge improvement, and it looks as good as MGS2, although it's a bit hard to tell with just a few pics.

The textures are miles ahead of MGS2's.

Denis Dyack interview - A Black Falcon - 5th September 2003

The graphics are looking quite nice... :)

Oh, and yeah, from his answers a 2003 release is looking unlikely. Oh well... we should know not to expect this kind of game on time anyway...