Tendo City
Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover (/showthread.php?tid=1017)

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 5th September 2003

... or something....

From ign:

Quote:September 05, 2003 - It looks as though another publisher is set to end support for Nintendo's GameCube console. Publisher Eidos Interactive yesterday revealed that due to a decrease in profitability it would not continue to develop for Nintendo's system.
The company's chief executive Mike McGarvey said that versions of big games would continue to be released for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

"The GameCube is a declining business," said McGarvey, who added that traditionally Eidos has not invested heavily in Nintendo systems. "If other companies follow us, [Nintendo] will have a hard battle to fight."

Eidos recently released a port of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin for GameCube.

Source: The Times

Thankfully Eidos will not be publishing the next Time Splitters game, so it's all good. They were never planning to release any big titles to begin with, so ah well.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - A Black Falcon - 5th September 2003

Ooh, Eidos, how horrible!

*remembers that he owns exactly zero games published by Eidos for any platform*

I do have one Domark game, though...

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 5th September 2003

But...but now we'll never get a Tomb Raider game on the GC! The horror!! The horror!! THE HORROR!!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - A Black Falcon - 5th September 2003

I mention Domark because once apon a time Eidos was known as Domark. That one Domark game I own, Shadowlands for the PC, is incedentally still in the shrinkwrap...

Other than that... the only Eidos games I wished I owned are the two Theif games. And they are for PC.

Conclusion? We should care?

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 6th September 2003

Only if they are going to release Timesplitters 3 which they are not, so, no.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - EdenMaster - 6th September 2003

I did buy Hitman 2, and it's not bad, but if I don't have to wade through piles of Tomb Raider crap in the GameCube aisle, then it's more than worth it. Sayanora, Eidos!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Darunia - 6th September 2003

I can't so easily shrug it off. Even if they never had anything even remotely good destined for the GC, the fact is that this is bad publicity for Nintendo. I fear that they won't be the last rat to leave...and the way they worded it, I don't think they'll be back for the next Nintendo system either.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2003

But... we're better off without Eidos...

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2003

I think they've only released about 2 GC games, one was a PC port and the other was pretty good [Timesplitters 2], but we'll still be seeing it since it's being published by another company.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 7th September 2003

Just "pretty good"? TS2 was the best console FPS since... Perfect Dark, really.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2003

I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, as in "Compared to a chunk of rotten garbage this meatloaf is pretty good!". But, yeah, it probably should be listed in higher terms like "awesome" or "really cool". :)

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 7th September 2003

:kiss:

Shazbot!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 2nd September 2004

Fhoot!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2004

Gwanzai!!!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - EdenMaster - 2nd September 2004

SEMNAT!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 2nd September 2004

Bojacksome!

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Private Hudson - 2nd September 2004

Transdermal..... mutation!..

..?.

... I'm sorry. :(

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - OB1 - 3rd September 2004

You better be.

Aaaand another crappy publisher runs away from the Gamecube like an ashamed lover - Great Rumbler - 3rd September 2004

Oh, you'll be sorry all right!! Wait...did you say that you WERE sorry? Ah...my bad.

Dirigible!!