Tendo City
Cloud vs. Link - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Cloud vs. Link (/showthread.php?tid=1006)

Cloud vs. Link - Dark Lord Neo - 1st September 2003

Over at gamefaqs.com's character battle Cloud is currently beating Link

Cloud vs. Link - Darunia - 1st September 2003

wh--WHAT! How can that be, Cloud isn't half the character that Link is!

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 1st September 2003

Fools... notice how Sephiroth beat Mario? :o

Cloud vs. Link - OB1 - 1st September 2003

A very sad day indeed. I hate those Squaresoft brooding characters. Zidane was such a nice change of pace, even if he did look like a complete ass.

Cloud vs. Link - Private Hudson - 1st September 2003

Cloud > Link.

Cloud vs. Link - The Former DMiller - 1st September 2003

I loved FF7, but I hated Cloud. It was one of the few times where I hated the main character of a game, but still really liked the game.

Cloud vs. Link - Great Rumbler - 1st September 2003

Link is way cooler than Cloud! Just play Soul Calibur 2 for five minutes and you'll know what I am saying is the truth!!

Cloud vs. Link - EdenMaster - 1st September 2003

If this final comes down to Cloud and Sephiroth, I'm gonna be MAD!

Mega Man! Now is your time to show the Squaresoft fanboys what's what!

Really, thats what it's coming down to. All the Squaresoft fanboys are voting against Link en masse. Well, Mario came back to win it at the last second, perhaps Link shall prevail as well.

Cloud > Link

That's crazy talk! Link's the legendary hero!!

Come on people, come to your senses and vote "Link"!!

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 1st September 2003

I did... but that site has a disturbingly high number of people voting for those Square characters... :(

Cloud vs. Link - Dark Jaguar - 1st September 2003

Penny Arcade abandoned all hope for this popularity contest LAST year when Scorpion somehow managed to beat Pacman. Oh well, it's just a poll after all.

Link lost to Cloud.

Well, that's it. I officially don't care what happens in the poll anymore.

Sephiroth is beating Mega Man

*shrugs*

Cloud vs. Link - Private Hudson - 1st September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
If this final comes down to Cloud and Sephiroth, I'm gonna be MAD!

Mega Man! Now is your time to show the Squaresoft fanboys what's what!

Really, thats what it's coming down to. All the Squaresoft fanboys are voting against Link en masse. Well, Mario came back to win it at the last second, perhaps Link shall prevail as well.

Chuckle

What the hell do you think happened last year, when all the Nintendo fanboys voted "en masse" to get an all Nintendo final? Do you forget how Planet GameCube posted on their news page telling everyone to quickly go vote for Link and Mario because they were losing?

This year the better characters WILL win, and it comes down to two of the most popular character of all time, who were in one of the greatest personal rivalries of all time, in one of the most popular games of all time. Get over it. :)

Cloud vs. Link - OB1 - 1st September 2003

We should do our own battle of the game characters thing.

Cloud vs. Link - Dark Jaguar - 1st September 2003

It's not even a battle though, it's a popularity contest. It's not about who would win in a fight. Also, I've actually found there's a divide and two communities at GameFAQs. There's the large number of people who ONLY go there for the guides and are barely even aware the polls exist on any level, and then the people who use the message boards too. We all know the average intelligence of the people who post there. I do believe it's the people who post who vote in the polls far more often than the former. I myself tend to ignore most of the polls, though I have posted in the boards before, mainly to find out something (tried several times, each time my question was ignored or answered with a comment that is both completely ignorant and intended to insult me, so I gave up posting there).

Last year's votes were stupid. This year's votes ARE stupid. And people who comment on the "fairness" of it, like a bunch of people voting out who they don't like, or something stupid like "but they are SUPPOSED to win because I'd like to see those guys going at it in the final round, even though this isn't actually a battle so it's more like they would both be sitting in some room quietly waiting for the votes to come in for class president".

Stop acknowledging this thing, and for the love of Ghazpork DON'T make one here!

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 2nd September 2003

I usually only go there for FAQs... I have posted on several forums a few times, but I don't go there often except when I want a FAQ. And I certainly don't vote on the polls every day... why don't they make them a more sensible length, like a week or something?

Cloud vs. Link - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2003

Quote:This year the better characters WILL win, and it comes down to two of the most popular character of all time, who were in one of the greatest personal rivalries of all time, in one of the most popular games of all time. Get over it.

Hahaha...no.

Cloud vs. Link - Dark Jaguar - 4th September 2003

Okay, the ONE GameFAQs vote I actually want everyone to participate in! Everyone vote "No, and never speak of it again!"!

Cloud vs. Link - Great Rumbler - 4th September 2003

I'm definitely voting for that.

Cloud vs. Link - EdenMaster - 4th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Private Hudson
it comes down to two of the most popular character of all time

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking. You must be, look, I'm laughing.

Rofl

Two of the most popular characters of all time? No, no, no, no, no. They might be on a list of notable video game characters, NEAR THE END if at all. I think not. There are a lot more popular characters out there than the antagonist and protagonist of ONE GAME.

The reason, I think, that they won was because a lot more people probably go to GameFAQs for help on games that are longer, have tougher puzzles, and need strategies to complete. Final Fantasy and many other Sony-only adventures cover all of these, so I think more people visit GameFAQs for help on those types of games, rather than Nintendo games.

That's my couple of pennies. Now I'm going to throw them at you because I don't think you were joking.

*plink*

*plink*

Cloud vs. Link - Private Hudson - 4th September 2003

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking. You must be, look, I'm laughing.

You're saying that they aren't very popular, despite the fact that they just won a POPULARITY contest which was voted on by over 120,000 people? (unless multiple votes count).

Quote:Two of the most popular characters of all time? No, no, no, no, no. They might be on a list of notable video game characters, NEAR THE END if at all. I think not. There are a lot more popular characters out there than the antagonist and protagonist of ONE GAME.

How much time do you spend outside of Nintendo based forums/websites? If you did you would notice that whenever a "favorite character in a videogame" thread is started, there's bound to be dozens of people nominating Cloud and Sephiroth. How the fuck you can get off saying that these characters aren't that popular is beyond me.

Quote:The reason, I think, that they won was because a lot more people probably go to GameFAQs for help on games that are longer, have tougher puzzles, and need strategies to complete. Final Fantasy and many other Sony-only adventures cover all of these, so I think more people visit GameFAQs for help on those types of games, rather than Nintendo games.

Rolleyes

You're in denial.

Cloud vs. Link - EdenMaster - 5th September 2003

You're saying that they aren't very popular, despite the fact that they just won a POPULARITY contest which was voted on by over 120,000 people? (unless multiple votes count).

I didn't say they weren't popular, I'm just saying it's a stretch to say they are two of the MOST popular. Link won last year, and you think Cloud and Sephy here are better, so how do you take such stock of the poll results, when a character you (inexplicably) find inferior won last year?

How much time do you spend outside of Nintendo based forums/websites? If you did you would notice that whenever a "favorite character in a videogame" thread is started, there's bound to be dozens of people nominating Cloud and Sephiroth. How the fuck you can get off saying that these characters aren't that popular is beyond me.

They've been in one game. A good game, but one game. They simply don't belong in the same ranks as long-standing characters with great games, such as Mario, Link, and Samus. As big a fan of FFXs Auron as I am, I never really expected him to win because he's just not that popular when he goes up against the big boys of gaming.

You're in denial.

And you're a fanboy :D.

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 5th September 2003

Popularity is overrated.

Anyway... I know there are lots of Square fans, so those guys winning isn't that surprising...

Cloud vs. Link - Private Hudson - 6th September 2003

I didn't say they weren't popular, I'm just saying it's a stretch to say they are two of the MOST popular. Link won last year, and you think Cloud and Sephy here are better, so how do you take such stock of the poll results, when a character you (inexplicably) find inferior won last year?

Why do you think I said two OF the most popular?

Quote:They've been in one game. A good game, but one game.

Wrong, they've been in quite a few. Such is their popularity. ;)

Quote:They simply don't belong in the same ranks as long-standing characters with great games, such as Mario, Link, and Samus.

Apparently they do.

Quote:As big a fan of FFXs Auron as I am, I never really expected him to win because he's just not that popular when he goes up against the big boys of gaming.

But if there were so many Square fanboys voting all of Squares characters through, why didn't he?

Oh, so Cloud and Sepghiroth are two of the "big boys"? Yah, they are. :)

Quote:And you're a fanboy :D.

You notta so smart. :)

Cloud vs. Link - Great Rumbler - 6th September 2003

Quote:Wrong, they've been in quite a few.

Sephiroth has only been in one game that I can think of and Cloud has only been in four that I can think of and only one as a main character; the other three were as a non-playable guest appearance [Kingdom Hears], a super-secret hard-to-get playable character [Final Fantasy Tactics], and the other was in Ergheiz.

Cloud vs. Link - EdenMaster - 6th September 2003

But if there were so many Square fanboys voting all of Squares characters through, why didn't he? [/B]

Well, I can answer that one. Auron beat Tails, people were NOT happy about it. Looking through the GameFAQs forums, people screamed blood. All the people who'd voted for Tails now voted for Cloud. Don't believe me? Go look though the forums. That's what they did.

Cloud vs. Link - Dark Lord Neo - 6th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Sephiroth has only been in one game that I can think of and Cloud has only been in four that I can think of and only one as a main character; the other three were as a non-playable guest appearance [Kingdom Hears], a super-secret hard-to-get playable character [Final Fantasy Tactics], and the other was in Ergheiz.

I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is also in Ergheiz, and you can fight him in Kingdom Hearts

Cloud vs. Link - Private Hudson - 6th September 2003

Well, I can answer that one. Auron beat Tails, people were NOT happy about it. Looking through the GameFAQs forums, people screamed blood. All the people who'd voted for Tails now voted for Cloud. Don't believe me? Go look though the forums. That's what they did.

OR... Cloud (and Seph) are much more popular characters among non-Square fan(boy)s.

Quote:I'm pretty sure Sephiroth is also in Ergheiz, and you can fight him in Kingdom Hearts

And wasn't he in Tactics as well? But by the time you could get him, the rest of your party is much more powerful than he is, so he is pretty redundant.

Well, that's what I heard, the stupid game was never released here Mad.

Cloud vs. Link - EdenMaster - 7th September 2003

Ugh, this could go on a while, why don't we just agree that they're all equally kickass characters?

Deal?

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2003

Oh I think you know that that's unrealistic... :)

Cloud vs. Link - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2003

Actually, it's only unrealistic when you, OB1, or Darunia are involved and with this such is not the case. :love:

Cloud vs. Link - A Black Falcon - 7th September 2003

Oh, without us it well might end sooner, but it sure doesn't look like they'll just agree that they are all equally good. :)