Tendo City
The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread (/showthread.php?tid=2924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 20th June 2005

Quote:secret billing clauses in contracts

*ahem*

Quote:All billing plans are recurring, meaning you will continue to be billed at the appropriate interval, until you cancel your subscription. Note that purchasers of the full game will receive their free month of game play after supplying valid billing information. If you cancel your subscription during the free month, no charges will be made to your credit card.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Accounts%20Billing%20Changing%20Subscription%20Plans

:)

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - A Black Falcon - 20th June 2005

MMORPG, Massively Multiplayer Role-Playing Game obviously... 'MMORPGs' is a plural. :)

Illegal? That's a bit harsh... it is somewhat unethical, but illegal? I don't know...

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 20th June 2005

Read my post, ABF.

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Darunia - 20th June 2005

I'm willing to bet you a cookie that it's a slim minority of all subscribers who actually go through the trouble to look up the billing practices. I just clicked "ONE FUCKING MONTH" @ whatever it was... and, well... now George Lucas has a week's hard-earned pay out of me. I just hope he spends it better than I did, since I didn't even play the last 4 months I "subscribed" for.

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Dark Jaguar - 20th June 2005

A week? You need a better job...

But yeah, to say it's illegal would open a can of worms we really don't want to. For someone who has issues with overzelous law making at times I'm surprised you would suggest that. There are potential problems there. That is, any such law can be taken out of context to the point where a person may be sued using that very law in a situation it was never intended for, namely, an idiotic situation that by all rights is immoral to be tried. I suppose maybe they might sue a company that produces food because the listing of ingrediants wasn't prominent enough on the packeging.

My suggestion? Take a stand the only way you can that ONLY targets bastards like this.

Remember, let the buyer beware.

Now then, a certain something about this strikes me as pointing out a bit of naiveté on your part. Now you are intelligent enough (though sometimes you say things largely offensive), so when I say that I mean that you likely don't have a lot of experience regarding just exactly how much stuff that really SHOULD be illegal US companies can get away with in the market.

I suggest taking a casual reading of a certain James Randi's newsletters to really see the karp actively being sold when it's not just obvious the product does not work (enough to warrent sueing them at least to get the money back), but obvious that the company actually is fully aware the product doesn't work and really is trying to scam you. Sadly, the antiscience garbage they sell seems largely untouched by the law. It may be that, thanks to how it's advertised, the people succeptible to buying it are also the sort that might blame themselves for the malfunctioning products.

http://www.randi.org/

There's a link to that site...

Quote:I'm willing to bet you a cookie that it's a slim minority of all subscribers who actually go through the trouble to look up the billing practices. I just clicked "ONE FUCKING MONTH" @ whatever it was... and, well... now George Lucas has a week's hard-earned pay out of me.

It's not his fault you didn't read what was plain as day at the website.

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Darunia - 22nd June 2005

Tendocity: We support quasi-criminal billing practices! We take the side of the evil billionaire who fucks children while they sleep!

Darunia: Join me, my friends, in my stand against this villainy!

Tendocity: Nay! We say nay! For while we admit it is wrong, we still find the fault with you~~for being naive enough to trust a corporation! You bought something online without doing hours of research, so the fault is with you!!

Darunia: (sigh) All right, so I'm alone on this. *Picks up Biggoron sword, Hyrulian shield, and two bottled fairies.*

*Sets off on the quest later to be called The Legend of Zelda: Darunia's Crusade Against Evil Corporate Practices*

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 22nd June 2005

So you'd sign a contract without reading it because the person who made it should tell you what it says?

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - A Black Falcon - 22nd June 2005

Actually, no, GR. He's not blaming the person who made it... that's Sony. He's blaming Lucas, whose only involvement in the project, probably, was saying "sure, make an MMORPG, here's my signature"...

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Darunia - 22nd June 2005

*Declares formal state of war on GR, ABF*

It's been so long since I did that!! Chuckle

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - A Black Falcon - 23rd June 2005

Should I be scared now?

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 23rd June 2005

I think I know where this is going!

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Darunia - 28th June 2005

*Darunia marches the 2nd Imperial Army to TC (45,000 infantry, 5,500 cavalry) and demands that the following... demands... are met:

1.) That Darunia be allowed to open a successful chain of fastfood restaurants, Goron Burger, within Tendo City's walls.

2.) That George Lucas return to Darunia the approximate $100 dollars in immorally-collected money that is owed, and $5.1 million in emotional damages.

3.) That an OB1 Remembrance Day be held on the third Wednesday of every October, annually. It will be composed of ritualistic nude dancing, the burning of incense, and a great feast of hotdog pie.

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 28th June 2005

Sorry, but the health inspectors say that they can't open a fastfood chain because your ideas violate too many health codes. :(

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - UltraMarioMan - 8th October 2005

Crap a TC war were declared 4 months ago and I missed it!

The Episode III spoiler-filled reviews and impressions thread - Great Rumbler - 8th October 2005

Yes, you did!