Tendo City
Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? (/showthread.php?tid=2849)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - Great Rumbler - 15th May 2005

The models in PD0 simply don't hold a candle to the ones in Gears of War and Unreal Tournament 2007. They jus don't.

Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - Paco - 15th May 2005

OB1 Wrote:There is absolutely nothing impressive about the PD0 animations! Nothing! If you're really such an expert on animation though, please, articulate your opinion!

It doesn't take an industry insider to spot good animation. If the characters move convincingly then that's all it takes.

Quote:And the models are the worst part! 5,000 polys! 5,000! And it shows, oh man does it show. Leon in RE4 is comprised of 10,000 polys, in comparison.

Who cares how many poly's it takes to make a character model? I've seen as impressive models made from 5,000 polys as I have with 10,000 polys. Granted the 5,000 poly characters were normal mapped but none the less impressive.

I'm impressed, and despite what seems to be your best effort you haven't been able to convince me otherwise. Your arguement for what should be next gen is poor at best, and there's absolutely no ground for you to stand on when it comes to validating my opinion.

Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - OB1 - 15th May 2005

Quote:It doesn't take an industry insider to spot good animation. If the characters move convincingly then that's all it takes.

I'm not an "industry insider". I'm an aspiring game designer, and I spend a good chunk of my free time making art for games. So I know a thing or two about model and animation quality.

Quote:Who cares how many poly's it takes to make a character model? I've seen as impressive models made from 5,000 polys as I have with 10,000 polys. Granted the 5,000 poly characters were normal mapped but none the less impressive.

I'm impressed, and despite what seems to be your best effort you haven't been able to convince me otherwise. Your arguement for what should be next gen is poor at best, and there's absolutely no ground for you to stand on when it comes to validating my opinion.

Yes, a 5,000 poly character can look pretty good with normal mapping, like Doom 3. But without? Crapola, as seen in PD0.

Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - Smoke - 16th May 2005

Maybe PDZ needs normal mapping. And bloom lighting, lots of bloom lighting. ;)

Dead or Alive 4... for the XB360? - lazyfatbum - 16th May 2005

Bloom lighting is teh revolutionary

All I want is super fast multiplayer where I can litteraly become perfect..... *loads Falcon with silencer*

Hey do you think the cheese will be there? I remember spending hours upon hours trying to find all the cheese.