Tendo City
Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith (/showthread.php?tid=2806)

Pages: 1 2 3

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - OB1 - 7th May 2005

I know, I can't believe it's coming out so soon.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - lazyfatbum - 7th May 2005

I cant handle e3 and Star Wars at the same time

I need heavy drugs

Same here, bubba. The final Star Wars movie, the one to complete the entire saga, the one I've been waiting to see since I was a very small child... and just a few days before that the biggest E3s in years.

I'm going to go insane.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - alien space marine - 7th May 2005

After seeing the Trailers, Somthing I wonderd and thought about is? What if the original trilogy had not been made first?

If Episode III turns out to be the incredible spectacular event we have long waited for, Wouldnt Episode IV A New Hope now seem dated and taime in comparison to todays standards? No offense while Episode IV was a major leap in the cinema in the 70's! Its now almost on the same level as your average low budget weekday Sci fi show, Its last still remaining appeal now is of course those beloved characters we still cherish as our child hood heroes or the Uber stylish villains like Darth Vader.

I will admit the character I look forward most in seeing in Episode III is Darth Vader ,I guess since episode III borders on the edge of the OT its becomes the one in the PT that offers the most connection and familiarity as it aproaches closer too our old fond nostalgia.

I guess if the Saga had not skiped ahead like it did rather then do it the traditional way, Such things as the shock value of "Luke I am your father" would not have been as powerful to the audience and that wouldnt have been a major pop culture phenomenon like it is now had things been different.

I am glad Lucas finally got his act together ,Atleast I hope!

But I doubt many sworn detractors and bashers "apostate fans" will ever reverse course at this point since so many now already refuse to see it and even say it "sucks or is a failure" before its even out.

Sure I am not gonna deny that both episode I and II had some notable blemishes , But I will say despite that both were quite enjoyable films.If it waisnt I wouldnt be saying that , I dont cheer somthing just for the sake of loyalty despite my long time fandom of trek I spared Enterprise no single drop of critism the first 3 years untill it finally improved substancially this season.
I hope like Enterprise episode III is gonna be the same and we can finally have a movie thats not Uncool to enjoy and gush over.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - Great Rumbler - 7th May 2005

Quote:I cant handle e3 and Star Wars at the same time

It's an overload of awesomeness...

BTW, here's the best trailer I've seen yet: http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_tragedy2_480_dl.mov

That's music from the soundtrack btw, track eight.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - Great Rumbler - 8th May 2005

My brother got the soundtrack. It's got some pretty awesome music on it.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - A Black Falcon - 8th May 2005

Quote:Same here, bubba. The final Star Wars movie, the one to complete the entire saga, the one I've been waiting to see since I was a very small child... and just a few days before that the biggest E3s in years.

Actually, it's during E3... E3 is May 18-20, with the announcement speech things starting on around the 16th, I believe.

And yes, it's too much at once... E3 AND Star Wars? .... how do we cope...

I'll cope by concentrating on studying for my college finals and finishing up my English term paper.

Haha, yeah right. I think I'll just watch some anime instead.

Early Episode III review from Kevin Smith - A Black Falcon - 8th May 2005

We finished Friday. :)

I finish college this week and high school next week.