Tendo City
IM DRUNK - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: IM DRUNK (/showthread.php?tid=982)

Pages: 1 2

IM DRUNK - OB1 - 25th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
Let me reiterate for the deaf and hard of hearing:

[b] Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim...

I only wanted a pic from the same series they showed on Adult Swim. To have a pic of a different show, would be like wanting a picture of Indiana Jones but settling for one of Han Solo. Same guy underneath, different façade. [/B]

Uh... Indiana Jones and Han Solo are two completely different characters. Lupin is the same guy throughout all of the seasons and the movie.

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 25th August 2003

The point was that HARRISON FORD is the same person regardless of his starring role, as LUPIN is the same character regardless of what show it is or how he's drawn.

Ok ok, here are some seriously good ones:

[Image: image.php?picloc=MTAxNS9EVkQwMjE1XzAwMDE...ion=getpic]

[Image: image.php?picloc=MjIxOC8yMjE4XzNlZmJjOGM...ion=getpic]

And then this one, which is perfect for an avatar. It's from the second season of the show (the one you saw). I cleaned it up a bit and resized it, so you better use it as your avatar. I'm sick of looking at that blurry avatar of yours.

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 25th August 2003

Yes those are good, and ok I'll change it...but you have to admit I was right; they are hard to come by.

I got the last one from the official site.

Wait, why aren't you using that last one? The pic you're using now is from one of the OVA's, not the second season.

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 26th August 2003

Perhaps, but it looks so snazzy...he's in ponderance in the one I used; perhaps he's pondering...why I didn't use the smaller, more refines one you sent me.

IM DRUNK - Moiraine - 26th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
I don't think anyone here hates Darunia, we're just annoyed by him.

I think you said that wrong... It should be

"I don't think anyone here hates OB1, we're just annoyed by him."

:shakeit:

IM DRUNK - OB1 - 26th August 2003

Wow, that's two attempts at insulting me! She used the incredible "take what you said about someone else and just turn it around on you" tactic!!

*Applauds Moiraine*

Am I making you angry? Am I? Gosh darn now that's got to stop! Haha

Alright Miss "I speak out against drug use but then use a pro-pot avatar because it's just so cool to like weed", I'll give you one more shot at trying to insult me. Make the most of it this time! Ask some friends for help, consult your dog, whatever! But try to be creative this time.

I have not been tryin to insult you and I can HAVE a pro weed avatar if I want to because I have tried weed before and I have nothing against it. I just don't like tryin to converse with people who are messed up that is why I said in the annoying things thread that I hate people who do drugs...
Your just mad because ABF and Darunia and I have proved you wrong and you are an arrogant coochie snortcher that refuses to admit when they are wrong. Unlike Daruni however I am not mad I find all this arguing quite comical and it keeps the forums interesting. I think it you sir, who is takin this thing way too seriously... I think you need to take a lil vacation away from the forums and get something called a LIFE.. :evilha:

"coochie snortcher"??? Haha

You don't know me very well if you think I'm taking this seriously. You are the one who is trying (very poorly, I might add) to insult me, by calling me such inventive names like "ass monkey" and "coochie snorter". It's obvious that I've made you angry since you're actually quoting me in your sig. You see, nothing you have said or done means anything to me, which is why I don't have to resort to petty name-calling.

ABF and Darunia proved nothing, but I do not need to explain that to you since you haven't proven yourself to be more than a troll.

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
"coochie snortcher"??? Haha

You don't know me very well if you think I'm taking this seriously. You are the one who is trying (very poorly, I might add) to insult me, by calling me such inventive names like "ass monkey" and "coochie snorter". It's obvious that I've made you angry since you're actually quoting me in your sig. You see, nothing you have said or done means anything to me, which is why I don't have to resort to petty name-calling.

ABF and Darunia proved nothing, but I do not need to explain that to you since you haven't proven yourself to be more than a troll.

I call you those names for fun a term you apparently no nothing about..
And I think I am a lil more than a "troll." You just mad because you're WRONG and MORE THAN ONE PERSON CAN SEE IT. Actually I did not intentionally quote you. I was mainly quoting ABF but it made more sense to put your posts in there as well. So by all means don't feel speacial...:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

Oh yes, I am just SO wrong because you applauded one of ABF's posts. Rolleyes

If that was the way to determine who is wrong and who is right then everyone would have their own pack of ignorant cheerleaders by their side. And believe me, I doubt ABF feels too good about having support from you and Darunia. It actually hurts his case. Chuckle

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 26th August 2003

Oh silly OB1. What are you doing taking her seriously? You SAY you don't actually get insulted, and I bet you don't, but the very act of explaining that shows you must actually think she's serious about it. Calm down child!

Calm down? I'm not raising my "voice", I'm not name-calling. I'm acting very calm, really.

Have I ever told you that you have a real problem with distinguishing between different emotions? When I joke you think I'm serious, when I'm relaxed you think I'm edgy. You're weird, DJ.

You do the SAME thing. And for the love of pete stop being so meloncholy!

What the---

never mind. Rolleyes

I had one of those, but it turned out to be an eyelash.

IM DRUNK - A Black Falcon - 26th August 2003

Its not just that he refuses absolutely to admit when he is either wrong or makes no sense... its the way he says it too that is so, so annoying...

You annoy me, I annoy you. Like how you use your big CAP letters WHENEVER you're trying to MAKE a POINT.

I know they annoy you... :)

Which is why I try to ANNOY you WHENEVER I can.

How nice of you.. :love:

IM DRUNK - -_____- - 26th August 2003

Yeah...so uh....Drunk

IM DRUNK - Great Rumbler - 26th August 2003

...Teflon?

IM DRUNK - Dark Lord Neo - 26th August 2003

I think it's more fun to go to a party and just watch the drunk people

And then steal their wallets when they're not looking?

*looks at GR and neo by his side*

No? Pfft. Fine then!

IM DRUNK - Moiraine - 27th August 2003

Bah -_____- is right Drunk

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 27th August 2003

Seems as though Moiraine, ABF and I are always against OB1, yet he is defiant. Now doesn't logic serve that the majority (us) is probably right on whatever matter it might be, as opposed to the ignorant, self-righteous few (OB1)?

IM DRUNK - OB1 - 27th August 2003

You guys should make a club. How about the "We're Really Dumb... But TOGETHER" club ?

Hahaha! I'm so clever. Chuckle

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 27th August 2003

No. Majority sharing an opinion does not logically mean it's got a greater chance of being true. An opinion could be held by none and still be correct, though nonexistant since it's now an extinct memetic lifeform. Whether information has a large number of copies has no bearing on it's accuracy at all.

I see what you're saying, but if a group of sentient beings share an opinion on something, it's being true is more likely if more than one person concede to it. If 5,000 people think something is red, and one person thinks it's blue, chances are that it's more red than blue, simply by odds.

Way to go sticking up for OB1. Rolleyes

You tell him, DJ!

*sics rottweilers and guinea pigs on OB1*

I just debunked DJ's post.

IM DRUNK - Undertow - 27th August 2003

If 20,000,000 Americans believed American Idol was an interesting, intelligent show, that dosn't mean it would be.

Well in that case, you're right...but in most circumstances, the majority is usually right. Ie:

1.) World War II: World vs. Japan, Germany. World right.

2.) Muslim fundamentalists vs. mainstream muslims, and the rest of the free world (especially jews and democracies.) World right.

3.) Evil bad guys in James Bond movies vs. Bond (who fights on behalf of the free world.) World right.

There, ya see? I WAS right after all.Cool

But as Undertow pointed out you can do the exact same thing the other way around.

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 28th August 2003

You debunked nothing. I'm pointing out reality. Personal thoughts determine nothing about reality. There's no "probability" to raise here. How does opinion change reality? It doesn't. Thus, how can you say many people believing something raises the chances of it being true? Probability altering is a change in reality. It ALWAYS is. For instance, if there are two sides of a die that have the number 1 on it, the chances of rolling a 1 are increased. However, when it comes to opinion, you aren't changing the fabric of reality by believing anything. Here's another example using dice. Just because more people believe that a normal 6 sided die will roll a 5 doesn't mean it's more likely to roll a 5. Nothing was altered. This case is exactly like any other.

The BETTER thing to believe is that more people are likely to believe that which reflects reality. Reality CAN affect people's beliefs. You however didn't say that at all, nor can your point be construed to mean that. The OPPOSITE of what you say is in fact something resembling truth.

Your red example for instance tells me nothing about the situation. Has anyone seen said object, or are they all guessing? If they are guessing, your logic is faulty. Odds, as I said, are nonexistant because there are no odds to determine here. The belief has no attachment to the determination of what state the object is in. Since it has no attachment, it has no effect. No effect means no odd alteration. The chances are exactly 50/50, and as in the case of that cat of that one physicist, the state, until it's actually observed, is actually BOTH at once. Thus, it's purple :D. Now, if people HAVE seen it, it's like my second paragraph. The people's thoughts were affected by reality, not reality being affected by the people's thoughts. In this case, the chances of the majority being right is higher, but NOT the chances of it being red or blue. That's already determined. I hope I cleared this up for you.

IM DRUNK - Moiraine - 28th August 2003

I'm feeling too lazy to even bother arguing today... OB1 I'm sorry... You may have been right on some issues that I had over looked or you may have been wrong but I guess it just doesn't matter. If you were right then I appologize... Flowers

IM DRUNK - A Black Falcon - 28th August 2003

Just going to say that just because a majority thinks something, it doesn't mean its true. There are so, SO many examples of how the majority is stupidly wrong that it'd take many, many volumes to list them all...

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 28th August 2003

ARGH! That's NOT what I'm saying! I'm saying that if there were nothing to go on, and one had to make an educated guess, it's best to go with the majority on something! If you went to a foreign country, and 5,000 locals told you to run away, but 1 local dude said not to, JUST based on the majority, who would you listen to, who would be right?

IM DRUNK - Moiraine - 29th August 2003

Well we know you would stay... :kiss:

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 29th August 2003

No more info than that? Can't make a decision based on such limited info, and that's my whole point. Are they America haters? Is there a rampaging bull? It's illogical to do something just because everyone says so without at least some info as to WHY one should do this.

IM DRUNK - Moiraine - 29th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
No more info than that? Can't make a decision based on such limited info, and that's my whole point. Are they America haters? Is there a rampaging bull? It's illogical to do something just because everyone says so without at least some info as to WHY one should do this.

Who are you talkin to?...

IM DRUNK - A Black Falcon - 29th August 2003

Yeah, Darunia, I'd never do something just because people say you should... maybe you would, but I wouldn't. Unless there was proof that its a good idea...

IM DRUNK - Fittisize - 12th September 2003

I'm too busy to be gettin drunk every weekend (just walked into thread), but a few weekends out of the year (mostly in the one and a half month gap between the end of hockey season and summer hockey camps) I'll get totally shit-faced (term up here for getting really drunk) and have a grande old time. And on a Friday night when I don't have anything important going on Saturday, I'll got out drinkin.

IM DRUNK - Great Rumbler - 12th September 2003

Back in the middle ages all of Europe thought that the Earth was flatt, we all know how right they were. Rolleyes

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 15th September 2003

I got drunk again the other night, and it was the fuckin' bomb! Few screwdrivers and I was dancing on the ceiling. Got some action too. Let that be a lesson to you all!!!

*Declares vodka the official drink of Goron Empire*

*Russia gets angry and wants its drink back*

*Declares formal state of war on Russia*

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 15th September 2003

Actually many cultures knew the Earth was round for some time before the middle ages. In fact, Columbus had to convince no one that it was round. It was established fact at the time. That's the whole reason he "knew" he could easily find a shortcut to India by going the other way.

However, the whole world for a long time DID think the universe revolved around our little planet.