Tendo City
Chebacca In episode 3! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Chebacca In episode 3! (/showthread.php?tid=573)

Pages: 1 2

Chebacca In episode 3! - Darunia - 4th May 2003

They said SARS was on the mend in almost every country; isn't Canada one of them?

Chebacca In episode 3! - EdenMaster - 4th May 2003

Every few months people get horrified (paranoid isn't the half of it), and it doesn't last long. Anybody remember anthrax? West Nile Virus? No, of course not, because the media stopped publicizing every time somebody showed slight symptoms. People turn on the TV and open the newspaper and are bombarded by SARS information, and THIS is why they are so paranoid of it.

In 6 months, maybe even less, people could and will care less about SARS. Mark my words.

Chebacca In episode 3! - Darunia - 4th May 2003

Well obviously, EM...either it'll die out, or we will. Either way no one will care in a little while. :)

Chebacca In episode 3! - Geno - 5th May 2003

Quote:Geno---a high pitched white women with whiskers...don't forget his black stubble.

Wha--? :S I'm a white women (plural) who is referred to in the third person possessive as "his"? That'd be like me calling you a crossdressing hermaphrodite. :D

Quote:Every few months people get horrified (paranoid isn't the half of it), and it doesn't last long. Anybody remember anthrax? West Nile Virus? No, of course not, because the media stopped publicizing every time somebody showed slight symptoms. People turn on the TV and open the newspaper and are bombarded by SARS information, and THIS is why they are so paranoid of it.

In 6 months, maybe even less, people could and will care less about SARS. Mark my words.

I couldn't have said it better myself. How many people was it that died of anthrax? Five? Six? And yet the whole nation was afraid. Need they be reminded that the US population has more than one digit? Five or six people probably isn't even a whole number percentage of the population.

Chebacca In episode 3! - Dark Jaguar - 5th May 2003

Haha, I remember those "scares", and of course the news is always blowing stuff out of proportion. THAT stuff really was idiotic, and I remember saying so. This however really IS an epidemic. For the first time, there actually is a wide spread epidemic and of course the news was already busy with a war by the time it finally happened. However, being paranoid about it won't do anything. Just don't wander into a quarenteed town and you should be fine.

Chebacca In episode 3! - Darunia - 6th May 2003

I wouldn't quite call it an epidemic; it's not really contained, but is hasn't quite reached bubonic scales yet. Only a few hundred have died, and it's declining in most of the nations it's hit.

Chebacca In episode 3! - OB1 - 6th May 2003

Wide spread epidemic = pandemic, DJ. And SARS is definitely not a pandemic.

Chebacca In episode 3! - A Black Falcon - 6th May 2003

Definitely. And its not THAT widespread... sure a few people in a bunch of nations have it but they all came from China, Hong Kong, or Singapore, I think.

Oh, and all of those "scares" or "heightened threats" or whatever were SO stupid... I mean, nothing happened. Not once. It became such a joke...

Chebacca In episode 3! - Darunia - 7th May 2003

Wow...I was right for once.

Chebacca In episode 3! - OB1 - 7th May 2003

People are just afraid because this is a new virus and there is still much to learn about it. But only 300 out of a couple of thousand worldwide have died from this so far. This will be contained.

Chebacca In episode 3! - Darunia - 7th May 2003

I heard it has a 98% survival rate.