Tendo City
RE0 for the PS2? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: RE0 for the PS2? (/showthread.php?tid=532)

Pages: 1 2

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 17th April 2003

That's nice OB1.

Fiften points--no, no...TWENTY points to whoever gets it first!

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 17th April 2003

I've already told everyone where I lived.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2003

I was in Spanish class in school for 5 years but don't remember the word for 'window'...

And I speak a (very small amount) of a Slavic language too, as I've said here many times...

You sure don't pay all too much attention, Darunia, do you...

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 18th April 2003

I've been taking Russian for a year now...all we really do is memorize and recite old dialogues from the 1960's...oh god it's so tedious, and we really don't learn anything useful from it.

More in--depth research proves that Spanish and Portuguese do NOT use the root word fenetre for window...my bad. Only half the romance languages reflect that...oddly enough, on the other hand, some germanic languages do...

French= Une fenêtre
Italian=una finestra
Romanian=fereastrã
Latin=fenestra
German=ein Fenster

Portuguese=uma janela
Spanish=una ventana

OB1, no one cares where you lived in Croatia.

RE0 for the PS2? - EdenMaster - 18th April 2003

People who don't speak English are stupid.

How's THAT for an American stereotype!

RE0 for the PS2? - lazyfatbum - 18th April 2003

I see no problem in Capcom releasing ports of GC games a few months later to other systems. What would suck is if they become totally exclusive to one company.

Before Nintendo got RE, it was a trickle of less-than exciting titles from Capcom. It would be a shame to return to that. It would also be interesting to see how RE0 would translate on to the PS2. I guess just picture the GC version with lower quality sound samples and less animated CGI backgrounds. The gameplay should translate fine though.

Interestingly enough, with Konami's recent vote of confidence in GC; We could see Silent Hill ports, remakes, and exclusive titles (even if only special editions/upgrades of ports). It's all rumor sure, but I know a few thousand people that would be interested. :D

Also, if anything, releasing a game on multiple systems will re-kindle it's popularity and drive sales up across all platforms it's available on. Did anyone notice that OoT got back on the top 50 sales in the world during the weeks following Wind Waker's release?

Quote:Originally posted by lazyfatbum
Did anyone notice that OoT got back on the top 50 sales in the world during the weeks following Wind Waker's release?

Really? I guess WW just got people thinking about how good OoT was. Oh wait, were those counts the N64 carts or the GC re-release?

Either way, it's a pretty cool statistic.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2003

Given that I don't think the GC one was for sale... wow, a N64 game in the top 50? Impressive... but yeah, old games in a series do jump in sales when a sequel/similar game comes out... like how I noticed Starcraft jumped onto the top 20 list for a few weeks after Warcraft III came out...

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 18th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
I've been taking Russian for a year now...all we really do is memorize and recite old dialogues from the 1960's...oh god it's so tedious, and we really don't learn anything useful from it.

More in--depth research proves that Spanish and Portuguese do NOT use the root word fenetre for window...my bad. Only half the romance languages reflect that...oddly enough, on the other hand, some germanic languages do...

French= Une fenêtre
Italian=una finestra
Romanian=fereastrã
Latin=fenestra
German=ein Fenster

Portuguese=uma janela
Spanish=una ventana

OB1, no one cares where you lived in Croatia.

Um... I believe that you were the one trying to guess where I lived. Erm

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Given that I don't think the GC one was for sale... wow, a N64 game in the top 50? Impressive...

Well, after Wind Waker was released, it was on the shelf at Best Buy, with the leftover copies of OoT next to them with $15 price tags. I don't know if you oculd directly buy them, or if you got it when you bought Wind Waker, or even if they were just confused. Either way, it's odd.

We could see Silent Hill ports, remakes, and exclusive titles (even if only special editions/upgrades of ports).

It's all rumor sure, but I know a few thousand people that would be interested.

That's what they said about RE on GC though...why would Konami have more luck breaking the Purple Curtain than Capcom?

OB1, what the hell are you talking about, I never once tried to guess where you lived, and I never cared! You're making that up.

Quote:That's nice OB1.

Fiften points--no, no...TWENTY points to whoever gets it first!

You're making this too easy for me, Darunia.

*Shakes head at OB1*

Let me clarify this to you.

I told this Monty Python joke:

HITLER: My dog has no nose.
NAZIS: Really? How does it smell?
HITLER: Awful!

Afterwards, EM replied with:

"That's not funny. Funny is getting hit in the face with a pie. That's funny." Afterwards, he added "Ten points to whoever can name the game that's from!"

Since he added points for guessing his joke, in regards to my as-of-then unanswered joke, I said:

"Fiften points--no, no...TWENTY points to whoever gets it first!"

I'd already offered points to whoever could guess the origin of the Monty Python joke by saying:

Fifteen to whomesoever first names the MOVIE/show my joke was from!!

So you see, I wasn't offering points for who could guess where you lived, but rather, to whoever could guess the joke. You're the one who made the critical misunderstanding.

You made that way too easy for me, OB1.

Chuckle

You need to start seperating your subjects, boy.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2003

Yeah, I thought the '15 points' thing was about where OB1 lived too...

Told ya so, Darunia. :p

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 19th April 2003

Haha, even now you're trying to reverse it on maybe. Even if it wasn't THAT clear, if you'd bother reading a few more posts it would've been. Don't turn this back on me, your the imbecile who made the mistake.Rolleyes

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 19th April 2003

Erm

Ah... you deal with him, ABF.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2003

Why me? He won't listen to me either...

Let's just knock him over the head and throw him in the lake.

Hmm... not a bad idea... do Gorons swim?

RE0 for the PS2? - Sacred Jellybean - 19th April 2003

I got what Darunia meant. Considering that he was talking about points going to whomever guessed his joke in the previous post... :S

Lies! He was clearly talking about OB1's post!

Well that's how I saw it anyway...

Let's also throw him into the lake.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 20th April 2003

THANK YOU JELLYBEAN! I didn't think it was that fucking hard.

*Gorstoppo parachute into the thread, toting MP-40s. ABF and OB1 are seen conversing on how they can next try to reverse Darunia's victory in the thread. Before they can react, they find themselves clubbed into submission by sticks of salami. ABF is left where he lies; but OBQ is taken via armored hummer to the Goron Embassy, where he is tortured and dissected.*

RE0 for the PS2? - Private Hudson - 20th April 2003

Blah..

I thought it was pretty obvious that the 20 point thingy-mabob was about the Monty Python joke..

But my hair smells pretty, like a rainbow.

RE0 for the PS2? - EdenMaster - 20th April 2003

At the risk of being similarly thown into the lake, I unserstood Darunia as well.

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 20th April 2003

Fools.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 20th April 2003

:D

*Distributes mortadella-flavored candy canes to all*

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2003

So is that what you did to get them to agree with you? Bribes?

Sexual favors.

You don't wanna know.

RE0 for the PS2? - A Black Falcon - 20th April 2003

*Wonders how OB1 knows such details...*

He offered it to me but I rejected it and ran far, far away.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 21st April 2003

You know you wanted it.

RE0 for the PS2? - Great Rumbler - 21st April 2003

Like most threads here this one was doomed from the start.

[Image: the%20bitch%201.jpg]

I've got to hand it to you, OB1, you found a real winner with this pic. :D

RE0 for the PS2? - OB1 - 21st April 2003

Yeah, thanks. I thought so myself.

RE0 for the PS2? - Darunia - 21st April 2003

ROTFLMAOChuckle